Sensation XE update Live in the UK

Search This thread

cruks

Jun 29, 2011
I have an unbranded Sensation Xe but im currently in the Philippines. Hoping i get the update too.

Last edited:

jonyid

Sep 14, 2008
I mailed HTC after getting fed up of constantly pressing that 'check now' button

"I cannot give you an exact date you will get the update as the server will send the update to 30.000 devices at a time, then move to the next batch. It is impossible to say when you will get the update. The update is currently being sent to all unbranded models of this device if you have a branded handset this will take some time more to come through to you.

The roll out process takes 6-8 weeks. You could receive the update anywhere in this time, providing you are unbranded."

Let's just hope were in the next batch :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

I wonder what order they're doing it in whether it be imei, serial number or date registered?

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

rkafka

Feb 2, 2009
Krupka
anyone got this update yet? im on unbranded sensation xe with cid HTC_001 so was hopeful to have had it already :(

still checking everyday :D

Today is OTA server responding very quickly to requests that could mean just two things:
1) they have added some HW
2) they stopped pushing new notifications so server is just answering to already assigned deviced into queue. Yesterday when OTA has been distributed to some Asia countries it takes several seconds to answer and today it is immediate..

Last edited:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
It would indeed, and only stock - not XE handsets (as XE Sensations on Vodafone were unbranded)

jonyid

Sep 14, 2008
That is so frustrating for all us sensation users with unbranded uk handsets STILL waiting :banghead:

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Been this way for all the updates on the Sensation. Vodafone had it out first so had a bit of an exclusive

jonyid

Sep 14, 2008
Darn it! I was going to get it on vodafone but i got a slightly better deal elsewhere...hopefully its worth the wait and hopefully comes soon!

LilChinchster

Feb 18, 2012
A frustrated and unbranded XE phone owner here ..... STILL BLOODY WELL WAITING..... (sorry but needed to shout that bit). :-/

This is getting ridiculous... I wouldn't even mind updating by connecting it to my comp but no it has to be OTA and they don't want to overload the servers...

Pikabat

Aug 16, 2011
Toronto
Non brand UK version here as well :( Why are they doing this? It feels like the rest of the world got the update

BobKatz

Mar 9, 2012
Hell, as of tomorrow even the sodding branded UK sensations are getting the update before unbranded XE! :mad:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I think you can check with your CID but not sure how, otherwise if you have logos like the O2 animation on boot-up or operator specific apps i.e. 'bloatware' then it's likely to be branded.

If you got it on contract from O2 direct then I'm guessing it would be branded, if it was from somewhere like Dial a Phone but on a Vodafone contract for instance, it's likely to be unbranded.
    I'm on giffgaff which runs on the o2 network, and my sensation is factory unlocked, so I presume it is being rolled out by o2.
    Ota updates are rolled out by HTC - the operator only has a say if the ROM on the phone is branded

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

I was on wat u r on and I got it

Anyone notice any battery life improvement on ics?

My update came through on Thursday afternoon, and whilst I am using an Anker battery, the battery life has improved dramatically for me since the update. 16 hours of usage today away from the charger, and it only dropped to 49%. Usually by that point it was complaining of low battery all the time. Big improvement.