[Q] Xperia L - help in flashing/updating

Search This thread

rayleigh2010

Jan 9, 2011
Hi I would like to ask for your help on working with my Xperial L. It is free phone from my network plan so when I checked the unlock bootloader is set to NO. that is my problem at the moment. Is it still possible to root, and port a kernel/custom rom even if the bootloader cannot be unlocked? I hope you could give me the proper steps so I can arrive at the same set up as yours.

Here are the details of my unit at the moment:

Model - Xperial L C2105
Android version - 4.1.2
Build number - 15.0.A.2.17

Bootloader unlock: not allowed

I haven't started anything yet as I'm unsure which to steps to follow, hope if there's someone who had the same details can help me to root and port a kernel/rom.

Many Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:

Navneet Suresh

Jun 25, 2013
/Universe/Earth/India/
Hi I would like to ask for your help on working with my Xperial L. It is free phone from my network plan so when I checked the unlock bootloader is set to NO. that is my problem at the moment. Is it still possible to root, and port a kernel/custom rom even if the bootloader cannot be unlocked? I hope you could give me the proper steps so I can arrive at the same set up as yours.

Model - Xperial L C2105
Android version - 4.1.2

I haven't started anything yet as I'm unsure which to steps to follow, hope if there's someone who had the same details can help me to root and port a kernel/rom.

Many Thanks in Advance!
@rayleigh2010

Yes you can root & also install ROM too without unlocking (Which is risky). Kernel needs UBL so you can never have kernel for your device(AFAIK). Try to get it unlocked from your vendor or ask him for a replacement for your phone and get a Unlock able phone.

Reactions: rayleigh2010

rayleigh2010

Jan 9, 2011
@Navneet Suresh

Yes you can root & also install ROM too without unlocking (Which is risky). Kernel needs UBL so you can never have kernel for your device(AFAIK). Try to get it unlocked from your vendor or ask him for a replacement for your phone and get a Unlock able phone.

what are my options then and what are the risks if I don't unlock my bootloader? I don't think my vendor would change it so I'll just have to live with it.. can you provide me a tutorial please with these limitations..I would be very grateful if you could help me. thanks again.. :good:

rayleigh2010

Jan 9, 2011

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Model - Xperial L C2105
    Android version - 4.1.2

Many Thanks in Advance!
    @rayleigh2010

@rayleigh2010
    Use the below link to root latest build it works (AFAIK).

And for roms CNT ROM has installation option for LBL.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2591290

Sent via XDA Dev' Android application.
    @Navneet Suresh

can I upgrade to 4.2.2 as well? after rooting? im good with the stock rom/kernel.. would just like to know now if I can upgrade to stock 4.2 with LBL. after rooting.. thanks!

Yes you can as your boot loader will still be locked. You can upgrade via Sony Update Center

Sent via XDA Dev' Android application.