read / write access sim card

Search This thread

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
Sorry to hear that you are still dealing with this problem.
When I get time, I'll try to look into contacts.apk or in some other system .apks
Im not sure whether that's where we'll get our answer. But I feel so.
Because, last time I was decompiling system.apk from myVision, I got T-mobile something for apns, may be thats the reason, it wasnt able to automatically download Data settings for other regions.
Similarly, your problem might have similar issues.
Anyway, whats wrong in trying... :D
So, ill try to have a look.

By the way can you say where are you located and your carrier.
You can PM me about that.
Thanks...

magikstar

i want it works with this rom [ROM][09/03/14] AlterNdromadus CM10.1 | Android 4.2.2 [STABLE] sim card work,i can make call but the rom can't read/write access sim card, i use FREE, a french carrier. I don't have this problem with rom based on stock,i don't know if it cause by phone.apk, contacts.apk or boot.img or something else.

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
So, I have been through contacts.apk from cm10.1 (AndroidManifest.xml)
Nowhere I could find import from sim. Where else in stock roms and sense roms, you'll find ImportSIMActivity and an action ” android.intent.action.IMPORT_SIM_TO_MYPHONEBOOK”
And similar activities.

But in bools.xml of cm10.1 ”config_allow_sim_import” is set true. And in (stock rom's) bool.xml this whole line isnt present.
They have instead defined import from sim in AndroidManifest.xml

Sorry, I am unable to explain, you'll understand once you go through that.

What I mean to explain here is that, stock roms are company based and they mod Android for world wide sales.
Hence, you are able to read write in stock roms.
Im not sure, but may be, if we could mod this .apk and declare importing of sim directly in AndroidManifest.xml then we might get read write in CM roms for your French sim.

Please this is just a theory. I may not be right.
But as people says, ”Its always worth trying than to sit and bear what you dont like...”
Thanks...

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

And I know there are Apps in play store that can read/write to and from sim.
But as far as I know thats not your option.
Last time one of my friend had a similar problem. With an app like dialer or contacts something from playstore was able to read/write to sim.
So, all I want to say is, I can conclude that its definitely related to CM contacts.apk

Thanks...

magikstar

So, I have been through contacts.apk from cm10.1 (AndroidManifest.xml)
Nowhere I could find import from sim. Where else in stock roms and sense roms, you'll find ImportSIMActivity and an action ” android.intent.action.IMPORT_SIM_TO_MYPHONEBOOK”
And similar activities.

But in bools.xml of cm10.1 ”config_allow_sim_import” is set true. And in (stock rom's) bool.xml this whole line isnt present.
They have instead defined import from sim in AndroidManifest.xml

Sorry, I am unable to explain, you'll understand once you go through that.

What I mean to explain here is that, stock roms are company based and they mod Android for world wide sales.
Hence, you are able to read write in stock roms.
Im not sure, but may be, if we could mod this .apk and declare importing of sim directly in AndroidManifest.xml then we might get read write in CM roms for your French sim.

Please this is just a theory. I may not be right.
But as people says, ”Its always worth trying than to sit and bear what you dont like...”
Thanks...

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:38 PM ----------

And I know there are Apps in play store that can read/write to and from sim.
But as far as I know thats not your option.
Last time one of my friend had a similar problem. With an app like dialer or contacts something from playstore was able to read/write to sim.
So, all I want to say is, I can conclude that its definitely related to CM contacts.apk

Thanks...

i have tested https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gsmdev.simcard https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rachunek.android.simcard https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tiennt.android.simcardmgr and more but there's nothing

magikstar

Have you tried
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.modoohut.dialer
It can display you sim comtacts. Just dig in menu-> preferences.
Similarly you can use DW contacts and dialer too.

ok will try and report
this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.modoohut.dialer (exdialer)
and this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dw.contacts.free&hl=fr (dwcontacts & phone & dialer)

still nothing with these two app,no contact sim access on custom rom no based on stock

Last edited:

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
Aren't you able to see the sim contacts using those apps.???
I mean have you tried disabling contacts from phone, google.
After that it would show contacs present in sim.

arunal_123

Oct 2, 2012
Ok then so sorry...
It aint supposed to be.
But are you sure you have contacts in your sim.
If it is present and you arent able to, then, I dont know what else to do.
Good luck.

Thanks...

demkantor

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Make a nandroid, wipe all, Flash a sense ROM, back up contacts to SD or google, wipe all, restore back up, restore contacts

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

magikstar

Make a nandroid, wipe all, Flash a sense ROM, back up contacts to SD or google, wipe all, restore back up, restore contacts

this is what i do before but it's very annoying
i don't hnow why with some roms likes coolos but not with other

when i have zte blade i have the same problem using cm7

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
I first ran into this on cm5 or cm6 on the htc1, since then I just stopped storing contacts on my sim and problem has been solved for years, but you can do as you please

demkantor

Nov 10, 2011
mpls
Are you not willing to have your contacts on SD card or stored in googles cloud? If you only want them on your sim you are limited in the ROMs you can use, I wouldn't call it embarrassing rather just a choice you made

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

magikstar

Are you not willing to have your contacts on SD card or stored in googles cloud? If you only want them on your sim you are limited in the ROMs you can use, I wouldn't call it embarrassing rather just a choice you made

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yes i want to continue to manage my contacts with my sim car,it works with coolos miui v4 but not with AlterNdromadus CM10.1 | Android 4.2.2 [STABLE] the quesrtion is why?! and how to fix that

Last edited:

magikstar

i have tested all sense rom and i can manage my contacts sim card
i have tested coolos sensei and miui v4 and i can manage my contacts sim card
all other rom based on CM ,AOSP or MIUI or other don't have sim card access
i don't know why? system.apk? contact.apk? kernel?
it seems nobody knows

Last edited: