Disappointing battery life. So far

Search This thread
B

basenode

I found with the new ICS Builds my Battery is lasting a lot longer then when I was running GB. Mabye better battery management. Not sure really why. So far so good.

erick161

Mar 10, 2011
I found with the new ICS Builds my Battery is lasting a lot longer then when I was running GB. Mabye better battery management. Not sure really why. So far so good.

Well I've read that the sammy task manager is quick to kill apps...thats not always good. Maybe ICS they fixed that?!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

SweetRedVoice

Feb 16, 2012
The battery life on my first note was horrendous! 8hrs and maybe 1hr 30mins screen time and running hot. My replacement note gave me over 16hrs and 4 hrs screen time! I was home on wifi most of the day, but did a couple hours of errands. I live in an LTE area. I am totally stock. No sideloaded apps or power assistance apps like juice defender. I am stoked that I have a device that works as expected.

If you are not getting decent battery life I would try a new battery and/or see about replacing it.

Sent from my gNote using Taptalk

a69348a0-6cac-9e23.jpg

a69348a0-6ccc-16b2.jpg

a69348a0-6ce8-7f23.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well certainly seems to be a thorough report and investigation. Guess the battery is crap :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App
    Yesterday I factory reset my phone and formatted usb storage and my cf card, just in case it was some filesystem corruption causing my fast battery drain. I wasn't able to diagnose a particular cause for my issue, but I suspect it was something sitting on partial wakelocks all the time.

This time I'm being much more judicious adding software and auditing their effects before continuing. I've now got it working dramatically better than it has so far, and I feel confident that I have proper diagnostic tools to discover future problems.

I'm running the stock rom and unrooted so far. All I've removed are easily removable preloaded apps that I know I'm not going to use.
    It will take 4-5 full recharge cycles to hit full capacity. The graph you show is fine. How much battery life were you expecting? 12-14 hours would seem about right.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
    no *****in about battery life for at least a few days if not a week... it will not stabilize until the phone has been charged up and drained several times. case in point, i took it right out the box and started using it. started at about 50% battery life and was dead in an hour. charged it up last night and been using it for the last 6 hours pretty heavily and its still at 77%.

it will only get better, be patient :) my atrix was just as bad out of the box.
    You should get 24 hrs on normal use and 12 hrs heavy use.i have international for month now
    I can easly make 28 hrs.just phone text and web.no movies or games.first few days dont charge unless almost dead.