can't take OTA cuz I'm rooted

Search This thread

welbinator

Jul 19, 2010
So, awhile back I wanted to stay rooted and take the latest update, so I side loaded a rooted, stock ROM. It was completely stock, no features or anything, and it was rooted.

now, my phones trying to make me install the KitKat update. Obviously, I can't do that since my phone is rooted it will bork it.

Is there a stock kit kat ROM I could sideload? Also, is it a problem that my phone says **LOCKED**?

I was going to try and completely reset my phone to out of the box stock, and got as far as relocking my phone and realized the rest was a lot of work so I stopped. And now, I can't figure out how to unlock it again. the HTC method doesn't work. I think I did something called exposed last time? Will I need to do that before flashing any Kit Kat ROMs?

If there are no purely stock, rooted KitKat ROMs, what's the most stable rooted KitKat ROM available?

kent c

Apr 28, 2010
I assume you are S-Off and Unlocked. Look at the top sticky. Do that and then take the OTA updates after. Then just re-flash recovery and superuser.