HTC Desire HD Android 2.3 Update

Search This thread

noobdeagle

Apr 5, 2010
Adelaide, SA
well if you recall the desire made the jump from 2.1 to 2.2 pretty soon after the 2.2 announcement, considering the DHD is the new flagship phone id imagine a very similar situation if not there is always custom roms :p

nandihno

Jul 22, 2010
Brisbane
Wonder if cyanogen will publish it before htc that will be sweet

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Andy

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 21, 2008
UK
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
The DHD will most likely be the first HTC handset to receive the update. However, how long this takes is anyone's guess. Then your carrier will modify the update, unless of course you got a stock unbranded DHD.

My money is on Cyanogen, real money. If CM releases 2.3 before HTC I'll donate again.

Dynosu

Oct 27, 2010
Gouda
The DHD will most likely be the first HTC handset to receive the update. However, how long this takes is anyone's guess. Then your carrier will modify the update, unless of course you got a stock unbranded DHD.

My money is on Cyanogen, real money. If CM releases 2.3 before HTC I'll donate again.

me 2 :) well .. not again ... but just donate :D

Aamir.Badat

Nov 14, 2010
It's only been released for developers apparently.

dhiral.v

May 27, 2009
London
dont you compile the roms from the sdk ?, pretty sure all the android files are available in the sdk you just need to create a rom from them. (i think)

Nope, the roms can't be made until the source code is released or another device gets it to be ported over.

Roms can be made from the sdk but don't turn out very well to say the least.

kermez

Nov 6, 2010
Belgrade
I hope that dhd will get it as soon as possible, but wouldn't be surprised if Samsung s get's it first considering cooperation of Google with them on new G phone.

mero01

Nov 11, 2010
SYD

+1

Me too. I haven't donated yet if this happens ill be sending beer money to the boys for sure :)

I only started using CM last-night and i am already in-love :)

jords12

Sep 22, 2010
I hope that dhd will get it as soon as possible, but wouldn't be surprised if Samsung s get's it first considering cooperation of Google with them on new G phone.

Maybe... But then again, I doubt google let samsung anywhere near the software for the nexus s. At least, I sure wouldn't after the galaxy's "interesting" software decisions.

tkolev

Sep 26, 2008
Sofia
I expect an announcement soon from HTC, i doubt they will let their flagship higher specs phone fall short against their direct competitor, classic desire was the first device to get froyo after the nexus

Unfortunately the N1 was pretty much the same as the Desire. And was built by HTC. Now the situation is a little bit different having Google cooperating with the plastic-toy manufacturer ;). Then again I doubt Galaxy S will get 2.3 sooner than the DHD, because they got to 2.2 about a month ago.

mehmehmen

Nov 26, 2008
Unfortunately the N1 was pretty much the same as the Desire. And was built by HTC. Now the situation is a little bit different having Google cooperating with the plastic-toy manufacturer ;). Then again I doubt Galaxy S will get 2.3 sooner than the DHD, because they got to 2.2 about a month ago.

Plus in all fairness we all kno that Samsung products are for females... lol DHd's are a man thing :p

Lol meh

raecarter82

Apr 6, 2010
I'm not that fussed on gingerbread tbh. I have had sense since the hero but have tried many vanilla roms. Now you can change "skins" on the dhd and with not a huge increase in an already blistering device for me its not that important?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    When???

Have you already talked about it with HTC?

Ok you need to breathe buddy, it's just been announced it will most probably take a month before it will be available on HTC as they need to incorporate Sense to it.
    This forum had been dead due to all Europe side already receive their GB rom..It will continue dead until Asian region side receive it which don't know when?????
    Many thanks, but can you please let us know exact Baseband version, Kernel version and Build number? Thanks..

Unbranded. UK. Vodafone.

Baseband version:

12.54.60.25U_26.09.04.11_M2

Kernel version:

2.6.35.10-g0956377
    htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
    Tue Mar 29 06:10:15 CST 2011

Build number:

2.36.405.8 CL47853 release-keys

Hopefully that makes more sense to you than it does to me!
    The scrolling in all apps is not sluggish, but it is changed. Before you were scrolling all the applications and now the apps are divided in pages and you scroll one page at a time.
    Just a matter of habit. Some people complain about this because they are used to the old style. Give it some time. I don't have problem with it because all my apps are in folders on a home screen and did not use it much - so no old habit.
    Fingers crossed it will be out soon. I thought it would have been released by now. Has it been released on the nexus one yet? Im guessing it would be pushed out to that first as it does not require sense or any carrier customisation.