(GUIDE) Broken Power Button??No problem...

Search This thread

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai
i cnt turn on my phone buddy .. how do i do it .. connecting the ac charger only charges it :(

al_madd

May 17, 2011
But just before you mention to connect the phone to the AC charger. Don't you mean your computer then? :confused:

there a several methodes there..

1.plug to AC charger

2.pull battery, press X on your computer, plug USB charger, insert battery

3. plug USB charger and then restart your computer.

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai
still only charges ..

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

did u manage to start ur nexus s with a broken power button, i tried everythin u have mentioned, it just doesnt do anything but charge

al_madd

May 17, 2011
still only charges ..

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

did u manage to start ur nexus s with a broken power button, i tried everythin u have mentioned, it just doesnt do anything but charge

Yup..many times with those methodes...

Btw..do you use pc or laptop??what USB cable you using??
My theory with restart computer is, at the begining of computer starting window, it will use more power and this will trigger phone to reboot...

try press X, pull battery, put in back..try several times...

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai
Yup..many times with those methodes...

Btw..do you use pc or laptop??what USB cable you using??
My theory with restart computer is, at the begining of computer starting window, it will use more power and this will trigger phone to reboot...

try press X, pull battery, put in back..try several times...

im using a laptop, and standard usb which came with the box

so i have to press x while my laptop is restarting ?

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

can you make a video, this is really confusing

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

i asked few developers including brainmaster they said u just cant do it, i dnt know how ur managing to do it :S

al_madd

May 17, 2011

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

i asked few developers including brainmaster they said u just cant do it, i dnt know how ur managing to do it :S

Okay...I try make a video for it..be patient...:D:D

Okay..I dont have tripod...search a friend who I can borrow first...haha

Last edited:
Reactions: rrohanjs

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai

thnku so much, patient ? since monday im trying to get this thing to work since samsung service centre said it will take a week atleast for the part to come for repair .. sigh

using a lg optimus black now but not tht good compared to nexus s :p

al_madd

May 17, 2011
thnku so much, patient ? since monday im trying to get this thing to work since samsung service centre said it will take a week atleast for the part to come for repair .. sigh

Ok..uploading the video..

But before that..Im sorry because the quality of of video is very bad..light poor..and more bad I forgot while recording the video playback is 10x..so It a bit faster..sorry for that..

I will try make a better video when I have tripod...

I will update at OP..

al_madd

May 17, 2011
Last edited:

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai
Damn..the video sucks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snyfboC0AJY&feature=youtu.be

My hand keep pressing X button...just do it many times..keep trying until phone reboots

This camera new to me..Not aware about the setting..Sorry about 10x playback..canceling put the video at OP because it a shame to put such a video at OP..

which version of nexus s u got, i got the i9023

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

u continously tap x or u keep it pressed ?

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai
still struggling, can u please write detailed steps maybe then i can follow the video .. sorry

al_madd

May 17, 2011
still struggling, can u please write detailed steps maybe then i can follow the video .. sorry

Yup..will be struggling at first..

pull out battery..at the same time press X at your keyboard..connect USB cable to your phone, put battery back..keep doing this..usually it will reboot after 10-15 times trying..:p:p:p:p

Connect USB cable->pull battery+press X->put battery back..

just keep doing..If you see the video..Me also did that about 10 times..

Sorry for bad english, got B for english for O-level..:p:p:p:p

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai
my battery is fully charged by now lol .. done 50 times already :( .. fck ill just throw this phone nw grrrr

al_madd

May 17, 2011
my battery is fully charged by now lol .. done 50 times already :( .. fck ill just throw this phone nw grrrr

Hmmm..I dont know what to say...

Just send it to samsung center if they can repair..It a little bit expensive because to fix power button they have to replace to board.this according what technician at samsung center said to me..

She also told me nexus s impossible to power on without power button..after googling for a while and try several method by myself..It works..!!!

Dont get angry man..just a phone..not a wife..:D:D:D..Just kidding..

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai
i hope someone using a i9023 can double confirm this, cuz i downloaded the vid saw it in slo mo still not getting it .. i hope someone else gets it too n then i knw i shud try again lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes..I have nexus s with broken power button....Is it my nexus now useless??I now just throw away my nexus??

No....No...No..

1.How I gonna root my nexus with broken power button???

Go to this thread..

(ROOT) Any version of android (kernel exploit)

Download the script..Run it..

Go to market..install Superuser..
    Install ROM Manager- Flash CWM..
    Yes..You just Root your nexus with CWM Recovery...Congratulation

2.How I gonna enter Recovery mode??

Just Download Quick Boot

Here you go....Flash!Flash!Flash!

3.Eventhough I can root it..But my power button's have lost...How I gonna make my nexus screen off..

That easy..

just download Screen Off and Lock

Put it on your home..just tap it to power off..

Or

If you want make it more easy..

Just remap you power button to search button..

Download button remapper

Now your search button will have power button function except wake the phone..

4.Great..Now How I want to wake my phone with broken power button??

Easy..with ICS already in our nexus..

Go to Settings-Security-Screen Lock-None

Now you just wake your phone just by pressing power button..

5. Can I take screenshot with broken power button but without paid screenshot apps??

Yes.. If you already remap your search(or which button do you like) as power button..Me remap search button as power button..

Just volume down+ search button...

6. How to flash using recovery..

Move up and down using volume button..select using search button..

or if you want more easy...flash Touch Clockwork Mod Recovery 5.0.8.2

7.If my nexus have to pull battery or battery die..How I going to power on it???

All you have to do is plug in the phone to an AC charger, and the phone should come on.

Sometimes, however, it will show the boot logo, then go to a screen showing you your battery percentage, and not actually boot. No problem. Just pull the battery and unplug. Replace the battery, and while holding the "x" button on your keyboard, plug the phone back in .

If not working..

plug you nexus to USB cable..then restart your pc/laptop without unplugged your nexus..it will power on automatically...

Or if not working...refer to this thread.
    Credit

Simms22
    orkillakilla
    Brainmaster
    xian1243
    rrohanjs
    Application Dev
    XDA community...
    I need some help with remapping power button to search button.
    The button remapper app don't show my search button. How do i do it?

Okay..I dont have tripod...search a friend who I can borrow first...haha

Ok..uploading the video..

But before that..Im sorry because the quality of of video is very bad..light poor..and more bad I forgot while recording the video playback is 10x..so It a bit faster..sorry for that..

I will try make a better video when I have tripod...

I will update at OP..
    no problem buddy as long as my phone starts :D

Damn..the video sucks...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snyfboC0AJY&feature=youtu.be

My hand keep pressing X button...just do it many times..keep trying until phone reboots

This camera new to me..Not aware about the setting..Sorry about 10x playback..canceling put the video at OP because it a shame to put such a video at OP..