[ROM] Slim Bean [Quality First !] [4.2.2 - Build 8] (05/08/2013)

Search This thread

mikkoc

Mar 19, 2011
Is anyone else with Beta2 noticing Maps uses the most battery? Even more than Screen and Android System.

I can kill it, but after a while I notice it is still active and needs to be killed again.

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
And whats about Transparency on statusbar?? i think your team forget it..can u include for next release dude??
hmm, does CM or AOKP have this feature?
Maybe a problem with rotation getting stuck..and not rotating back however hard I shake it.. but that may be due to my inadequate ability to be perpendicular to the earth .. i'll try to fix permissions and see if that works
I'll check this when I'll be back home later.
How does one turn on Sounds for every tap on the screen in this ROM? Looks good otherwise!
Do you mean turn off? Anyway, you can turn it off or on in sound settings...

Reactions: xxxMADxxx

nijnvy

Jun 25, 2010
Is anyone else with Beta2 noticing Maps uses the most battery? Even more than Screen and Android System.

I can kill it, but after a while I notice it is still active and needs to be killed again.
If you are using google now, try to uncheck the traffic (get me home, time to work, etc) and weather always where I am option.. That's what usually drains my battery on other roms..

smit.sanghavi

Apr 19, 2012
Mumbai
All that you requested is already there man. You need some time to discover all the features in Slim Bean :)

Thanks tchaari for replying.

Actually, it is my mistake. I haven't installed the new version based on 4.2.1. I just blindly asked for features without even checking whether they are already present it no. I thought if it's not there in v3.1 then might not be in this version too...

I actually asked for an icon on the homescreen which probably you have already put.

Sorry for bothering you without even checking...:(

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: tchaari

lowtje

Jul 30, 2008
Just flashed the Beta2 + Gapps. One question; where are the features device options, OTA and performance. Can't find them and they are not in my settings :)

gregorypeg1000

Oct 11, 2009
Athens
Installed the 4.2 beta 2 and everything runs great with a heavilly loaded phone.The only think that is missing and i would really like it there is the ability to slide the ring to shortcuts before the unlock pattern.Besides this ,the rom is awesome!!!

Paparasee

Apr 19, 2009
Dubai, UAE
Installed B2 a couple of days back and have got one problem and one request.
The problem: I have installed tunein radio and normally play it over my car radio through the audio jack. When I try to increase volume, the app I am on currently crashes. This is to say, if tunein radio is the active app on screen, it crashes. If I'm on the launcher, the launcher crashes. If I go to settings>sound>volume and increase the media volume there, the settings app crashes. If I pull out the audio jack and increase the volume, I have no problem, but unfortunately that does not increase headset volume :( Anyone else experiencing this? Tchaari, is there something that I can send to you to trace the problem?

The request: I have disabled camera and other widgets on the lock screen. I then placed camera as an app on the lock screen app (as it was on 4.1.2), so I slide to the right and it unlocks ... slide to the left and I get the camera app. I could move the camera app to another position, but I would like slide to the left to switch volumes as in the the versions prior to 4.1. I searched in Applications, activities, but found no way. If it is not already available, can this be implemented? Else, can soeone guide me?

wunderkind

Jul 28, 2009
Hi,

For some reason I can't find the Performance section where one can tweak the CPU, GPU, IO stuff. ??

Lxus

Nov 20, 2011
The problem: I have installed tunein radio and normally play it over my car radio through the audio jack. When I try to increase volume, the app I am on currently crashes. This is to say, if tunein radio is the active app on screen, it crashes. If I'm on the launcher, the launcher crashes. If I go to settings>sound>volume and increase the media volume there, the settings app crashes. If I pull out the audio jack and increase the volume, I have no problem, but unfortunately that does not increase headset volume :( Anyone else experiencing this? Tchaari, is there something that I can send to you to trace the problem?

The request: I have disabled camera and other widgets on the lock screen. I then placed camera as an app on the lock screen app (as it was on 4.1.2), so I slide to the right and it unlocks ... slide to the left and I get the camera app. I could move the camera app to another position, but I would like slide to the left to switch volumes as in the the versions prior to 4.1. I searched in Applications, activities, but found no way. If it is not already available, can this be implemented? Else, can soeone guide me?

Did you install with a clean wipe?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've got an issue with RAM management/Taskkiller. I can just assume that it's the buildin Taskkiller. The Problem is it's aggressive killing when the RAM is full (about 50 mb free). Normally it starts killing lower priority background apps like Whatsapp/Gmail/Calender etc., but in my case it kills my foreground and active background apps without killing lower priority apps like calender. So it happens when i listen to Music in Poweramp when screen off, it suddenly kills Poweramp in its full service. But not only Poweramp, any foreground active app gets killed. Starting a browser, going to Facebook -> killed. Watching a stream over Schoenerfernsehen -> killed.
Tried with and without the performance RAM optim. settings of the ROM. Did i miss something or is there any way custom set the priorisation of the killing? Like launching some apps as system apps so it wont get killed at all.

Greetz

EDIT// THANKS FOR THIS ROM and the development, it's my favor. atm!!

Last edited:

tchaari

Dec 27, 2011
First please check that you did a full wipe and you fixed permissions. If the problem remains, please send me a logcat to see why it is crashing :)
hmm, I'll look into it.

xxxMADxxx

Sep 13, 2011
C:\Program Files
Xiaomi Poco F3
First please check that you did a full wipe and you fixed permissions. If the problem remains, please send me a logcat to see why it is crashing :)

hmm, I'll look into it.

Ive some bug too...
1. When use autobrightness suddently my screen goes to blank screen/very dark but not often happen
2 I cant change I/O Scheduler (already fix permission but still persist)

Can u confirm my bug is not present for you? Thx

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts