OTA update leads to HTC logo stuck

Have you faced problem During or After OTA Update?

• Total voters
Search This thread
My brother got HTC Desire 816 a month ago.

He found OTA Update and he installed it and when phone was updating he noticed that phone stuck on htc logo.

He keep waiting for almost hour to see if it is finished or not, but ???

Well i am using ATrix 2 and i suggested him to go to recovery and try for system restore. But still no luck.

Phone was above 65% and wifi connection was proper that time. I don't know what went wrong?

I Google regarding this and searched in xda also, for same, but i didn't find anything helping.

Can any one help me regarding this.

vbrsekhar

Nov 25, 2008
Wellington
My brother got HTC Desire 816 a month ago.

He found OTA Update and he installed it and when phone was updating he noticed that phone stuck on htc logo.

He keep waiting for almost hour to see if it is finished or not, but ???

Well i am using ATrix 2 and i suggested him to go to recovery and try for system restore. But still no luck.

Phone was above 65% and wifi connection was proper that time. I don't know what went wrong?

I Google regarding this and searched in xda also, for same, but i didn't find anything helping.

Can any one help me regarding this.

This is the second case so far I came across that has issues with updating OTA on HTC desire 816. May I please ask whether it was rooted and xposed module installed ? If not, the only way is to look for a custom rom or else, install the custom recovery (if your brother can manage to boot into fastboot mode) and restore from the cwm backups floating around in xda. @jithumon has the indian backed up version, which will allow you to get your phone back alive, if not already is.

This is the second case so far I came across that has issues with updating OTA on HTC desire 816. May I please ask whether it was rooted and xposed module installed ? If not, the only way is to look for a custom rom or else, install the custom recovery (if your brother can manage to boot into fastboot mode) and restore from the cwm backups floating around in xda. @jithumon has the indian backed up version, which will allow you to get your phone back alive, if not already is.

His mobile is not rooted, even he is not technical person at all.

Yeah! he was able to go to fast boot mod by pressing volum and power botton. He also managed to hard reset. But no luck. Fiinally he returned the phone to ebay. He will be gettiing his phone by 5th september (hopfully). The thing is phone is almost new (~1 month old). So neither he noe I wanted to take chance.