I think i might have bricked.....

Search This thread

1stx2

Jun 21, 2011
My infinity. I was foolishly in a hurry to make sure I was going to be able to receive the JB update and downloaded the build.prop that was posted last week in the ota thread. I'm so retarded that I forgot that build.prop was for .26 and not 30. So I copied it into system/ and rebooted.
Now all it does is sit at the 1st asus screen and nothing else.

I'm rooted and not unlocked. Iv'e tried factory resetting, hard reset, and nothing works. So it looks like I got an expensive paper weight now.

Any recommendations? If so it would be really awesome.

lafester

Feb 11, 2007
e?

adb push the correct file? might have to root again first.
i know its tempting but wiping data when you can't boot is never a good idea.

1stx2

Jun 21, 2011

darkreaper476

Jun 24, 2010
Im new to the asus' is there any way we can adb into these things via stock recovery mode? any way to get that build.prob fixed? I can take it back but I DONT WANNA.. lol

and what would be the correct build.prop to use? I still have my modified one on the system renamed but.......

1stx2

Jun 21, 2011
Ok, Iv'e tried the "adb devices" from the command prompt and i can't get get my computer to recognize the infinity. Iv'e downloaded android sdk and got it up and running but no dice. I don't know what else to do :(
If anybody has any advice or any suggestions that me and darkreaper476 can do, i will love you forever. :nohomo:

1stx2

Jun 21, 2011
I can get to where it says:

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

But i can't get my computer to recognize the tablet.

Biohazard0289

Jan 25, 2010
This might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. Have you installed the proper drivers for ADB to recognize the TF700?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

darkreaper476

Jun 24, 2010
This might be a stupid question but I'll ask it anyway. Have you installed the proper drivers for ADB to recognize the TF700?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

would ADB have recognized it recovery mode? Even it it does the ab doesnt give you enough time to work... 10 seconds before it attempts to reboot. what good is adb if the device isnt in an adb friendly mode? IDK... I'm sick of trying to fix these stupid little issues.. I just returned it, sure I lost some photos and files (I HATE INTERNAL STORAGE) but F it... That why I bought the warranty...
thanks anyway

spinaldex

Jul 1, 2008
Portland, OR
Something similar to me happened when I was restoring what I thought was my original backup of the build.prop file. Now I get stuck on the Asus screen. Reseting cache, delvik, user data, etc doesn't help.

Does anyone have instructions on how to setup ADB, TF700 drivers, and how to take any firmware and flash it that method, in a simple set of instructions that doesn't require a nuclear physics degree?

I would rather not have to RMA this thing and wait a month or more to get a new one ...

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010

reboot system now
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

You don't need adb to recover your device, just follow my How-To guide from the General forum and you should be good but you need an external MicroSd card to do it.

Reactions: okantomi

spinaldex

Jul 1, 2008
Portland, OR
You don't need adb to recover your device, just follow my How-To guide from the General forum and you should be good but you need an external MicroSd card to do it.

This assumes that I'm able to get to the recovery. I was able to at one point, but now it won't. In other words, if I hold Pwr+VDown, wait till the text, and then release Pwr+Vdown, and then press VUp, it says booting recovery image, signature blah blah, shows an android guy with his chest open and a red exclamation mark. That screen shows for a few minutes, after which I get a reboot and its back to the Asus logo. Is recovery hosed now? If so, now what the hell do I do? Is it bricked for good?

Pretoriano80

Jun 9, 2010
This assumes that I'm able to get to the recovery. I was able to at one point, but now it won't. In other words, if I hold Pwr+VDown, wait till the text, and then release Pwr+Vdown, and then press VUp, it says booting recovery image, signature blah blah, shows an android guy with his chest open and a red exclamation mark. That screen shows for a few minutes, after which I get a reboot and its back to the Asus logo. Is recovery hosed now? If so, now what the hell do I do? Is it bricked for good?

That's the stock recovery, what happens if you press Power button once while you are at the "dead android" screen?

Edit: in your case Restore with Stock recovery should do the trick.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

reboot system now
    wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition