Xperia X2: How to change language (re-flash an Stock Spanish ROM)

Search This thread

Jolo_

Oct 2, 2007
Santiago
Hi!

This is interesting information for owners of the Xperia X2 that want to change the device language to Spanish, and for others who want to study a new ways to change it to other languages.

The people in a Spanish forum have managed to unbrand a Spanish Vodafone based X2 using a trick to foil SEUS: the way is aborting the phone custiomization process, and then, installing manually a lot of CABs. This method also is useful to change the language from Stock English to Stock Spanish MR1.

I've already tried on my English based X2 already Updated to MR1, and it worked. Now I have a Generic Spanish X2 with MR1 installed.

The curious thing is that, this Spanish Stock ROM is far more stable that the same R1BA024 in English. I've used the phone with the original MR1 English for a couple of days an it was a real mess. But, this Spanish ROM is a little faster and it hasn't give me so many problems. The phone is really more stable (not perfect, but nearly close).

This is the link (all credits goes to dreamcrawler):
http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?p=962961&posted=1#post962961

The instructions are of course in Spanish.

Cheers.

Jolo.

Last edited:

syzyec

Jan 27, 2009
Hangzhou
You need Flash Hard-SPL first. Then Flash ROM with another language.
But there is not any Hard-SPL for X2 yet.

dreamcrawler

Apr 10, 2010
Since its me who made it i guess ill take the task of translating it :D

TUTORIAL: DEBRANDING AND UPDATING YOUR XPERIA X2

1º Open SEUS, start a new update. EVEN IF IT SAYS YOU HAVE LATEST VERS, UPDATE IT ANYWAY.

2º ONCE IT REBOOTS, CALIBRATION SCREEN APPEARS. RIGHT AFTER CLICKING ON THE CROSSES, IT WILL APPEAR THE SONY ERICSSON LOGO, AND IT WILL START APPLYING THE CABS. PUSH THE RESET RIGHT after it starts applying (hidden behind the stilus, opening the battery cover).

3º After rebooting, the Sony Logo will appear again asking to retry. Press NO.

4º Now you will need a pack with all the cabs from the language firmware you want to change & update your X2. No matter if they are from the old firmware or the last one.The important part is they must come from the firmware with the language you want to turn your cellphone into. you can find how to extract said cabs here:

(damn forum, it wont let me post a link, in this same forum theres a post explaining how to extract roms, seek for it)

5º Once you have the cabs on your SD Card, you have to install them all, one by one. Once you are done, restart the cellphone.

6º Start SEUS again, run another update, force it if it says you have last version and you will get your X2 updated on your desired language.

I also made a tutorial to make your x2 stable, run it with SPB shell 3.5.3, and many other fixes. tell me if interested so i can translate.

biglaur

Apr 13, 2008
hello

I can't find any way to extract the cabs from the x2 firmwares(extractcabs.exe doesn't work).Can you please help by providing a tool for that or the cabs(english version firmware).
Thank you for the support!

biglaur

Apr 13, 2008

I have a .sdr version of the firmware but it doesn't work with the program above either.Help to the pro's,many thanks if someone posts the cabs from any english firmware.Please...!Thank you!

biglaur

Apr 13, 2008
got it...

It works,my x2 has english language from sweedish.To find the english language cabs type in the "search" tab this:"Cabs from MR1 are posted here" and you'll find them.
Many thanks to you guys that posted the method,you deserve all our respect.

shanghai

Dec 15, 2005
S-Petersburg,Russia
It's not necesary that you force SEUS update on step 1. You can simply hard reset the device under Settings to erase all phone's content.

Then, you can go to step 2.

Cheers.

Thank you very much for advice-)))

But the thing is - few days after device hard using I got a stupid decision delete all pre-installed soft. And after rebooting I can only see the SE logo. I can put device into boot-loader but everytime SEUS says "You have the latest vers...etc"...

Bought it in China so I think the only solution is to wait official MR2 update for X2 for China.
Because X2 didn't official come to Chinese market yet.

johmut

Feb 4, 2010
X2 Language Swedish <--> English

It works,my x2 has english language from sweedish.To find the english language cabs type in the "search" tab this:"Cabs from MR1 are posted here" and you'll find them.
Many thanks to you guys that posted the method,you deserve all our respect.

I need to do exactly the same as biglaur did. Have Swedish X2, Need English X2.
Can you share (links to) the English CABs ? also the Swedish CABs ?
It's a company phone so I might need to restore it to original.

TIA :)

xwing_5

May 4, 2010
Language from Czech to English

Very new to the forums here.

Phone: Xperia X2

Want to change the language on all of the programs from Czech to English.

I have tried to read as many posts as I could about this and people keep talking about putting X2 roms on their X1. I have not found any step by step instructions anywhere on how to change the language other than this thread and I am still unable to understand how to do it/get the proper programs/roms/tools etc. . . I have downloaded what I thought would be the step by step instructions but apparently you need special programs to open them up as well. Sorry to sound like s 3 year old but I am totally new to this and really want to use/read/understand the language on my new Xperia X2 phone.

My family bought me a Czech language Xperia X2 that I need to change to English. I am getting the complete run around from SE(Sony Ericsson) Europe as well SE USA."The phone was sold in Slovakia and was meant to be used in Slovakia. SE is not responsible for changing the language. . . " yadda yadda boolcookies.

Questions:
1.) Is there a complete step by step process (for idiots like myself) with all of the downloads/instructions/programs/extractors needed to change the language to English?
2.) Does the language change affect ALL of the programs on the phone: Windows Mobile Office, Internet Explorer, CNN tracker, Panels, etc. . . Or are there specific roms that i need to find for each program on the phone? Where are these roms?

3.) If I succeed to perform the necessary steps to change the language from Czech to English will I be able to perform future SE phone updates?

Sorry to be so new to this but I can use some help if someone is willing to offer it.

xwing

gbajzelj

May 28, 2009
Kranj
this is great! all i have instaled on my phonr is windows 6.5 that cames with the mr1 firmware (SE buggy stuff not installed) i installed just the SE dialer, SE comm manager and SE taskmanager. I also installed the SPB shell 3.5.3 and i have it as main menu. oh i also installed the X2 camera app from mr1 asn the SE flash deployment. internet settings were needed to set manualy bat that is no problem.

So far the performance is amazing. that SE stuf it just prings the phones performance down. I dont have slideview, dont have panel manager. as i da basic WM 6.5 and SPB 3.5.3 (and some apps for internet and file management.)

X2 performance for the first time in 3 month since i got the phone reminds me on my X1.

Ty again so much

fulgerul

Dec 11, 2007
I have updated to the latest version, canceled the customization and installed the extracted cabs as explained above and afterwards reflashed.

But unfortunately same language as before (Swedish) instead of English.

Did i miss a cab or something ?

a66fm

Jan 1, 2008
elefsina
www.out.gr
I have updated to the latest version, canceled the customization and installed the extracted cabs as explained above and afterwards reflashed.

But unfortunately same language as before (Swedish) instead of English.

Did i miss a cab or something ?

try to delete the folder inside C:\Program Files\Sony Ericsson\Update Service\db\ BEFORE you run SEUS

royalbloodvi

Sep 6, 2009
Im going to try and chagne my generic_SG to generic_UK after hearing its better.

So this is the steps Im going to try:

1) Do steps explained in first step up to the retry but and say NO
2) Download R3A UK rom
3) Extracted cabs from UK rom on SD card
4) On clean WM install ALL cabs? (Is this necessary?)
5) Update on SEUS again, say YES
6) Hopefully it will update it to generic UK
7) Once upgraded to MR2, clear phone memory again and repeat steps from post 1
8) Install my own personal cabs from R3A rom

Please correct me if im wrong anywhere, cheers.

Last edited: