Root/Recovery question after KK TOT

Search This thread

HD2FORNICK

Mar 14, 2011
So I used the TOT method to install KK ROM on the E980 and am wondering if I can install freegee and reroot my phone and install CWM which in turn I can use to install the CWM that actually works with KK. Or, would I experience a boot loop? Thanks.

Reactions: mk3

kghayse

Dec 1, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
LG V60 ThinQ
FreeGee needs to have its supported devices updated by the developer; TWRP 2.6.3.3 will work in a limited fashion, CWM not at all. In the meantime, use the root method for F240 models to root, it works for us (there's a thread for it in either development or original development, I can't remember which). Then, you can install the CWM-based recovery via APK that's referenced in the same thread. That's the best we can do for now.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: mk3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I used the TOT method to install KK ROM on the E980 and am wondering if I can install freegee and reroot my phone and install CWM which in turn I can use to install the CWM that actually works with KK. Or, would I experience a boot loop? Thanks.
    FreeGee needs to have its supported devices updated by the developer; TWRP 2.6.3.3 will work in a limited fashion, CWM not at all. In the meantime, use the root method for F240 models to root, it works for us (there's a thread for it in either development or original development, I can't remember which). Then, you can install the CWM-based recovery via APK that's referenced in the same thread. That's the best we can do for now.

Sent from my LG-E980 using XDA Free mobile app
    Rooting E980 4.4.2

ill nice enough to post a link:good:

Root LG G PRO E980 AT&T 4.4.2
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2699067