[HOW TO] RockMyMoto Guide for Windows! [*NEWB PROOF*]

Search This thread

DG4FREE

Jun 27, 2010
Tempe
So if you were like me and upon first watching JCase's video for RockMyMoto and were confused, this is for you. This guide will cater to Windows users since Mac and Linux users should be able to follow along seamlessly to JCase's steps. The steps here are no different, the commands are the same, just an extra application that works better than the Windows built in Telnet client.

First off I just want to thank JCase for taking so much time to release this for us. All credit goes to him.

Download Cydia Impactor (Thanks Saurik!) from his website HERE.

Download the RockMyMoto.zip attachment from JCase's post HERE.

Next download the PuTTYtel file "puttytel.exe" (You don't need the full application) HERE.

The initial steps are the same regardless of platform. I won't go into details on getting ADB set up, etc. Follow JCase's video and guide for all of that or search around XDA. Chances are someone else has explained this.

***STEP ONE***

So at this point your phone should be connected to ADB and you should have your IP Address. Leave your ADB window open as we will go back to it later. Run the Cydia Impactor application from the above download.

From the drop down menu, select:

Code:
# start telnetd as system on port 2222

Click on start and you should see a series of messages saying testing, installing, waiting to complete (a couple others) and then it goes back to the # start telnetd" message. This is OK.

***STEP TWO***

Run the "puttytel.exe" file downloaded from the link above.

From the initial screen, enter in your IP Address from the ADB terminal in the box where it says "Host Name (or IP Address).

Enter "2222" without quotes in the box listed as Port.

Make sure the connection type has Telnet selected and then click "Open" at the bottom.

tktv.jpg

A PuTTYtel window will open up where we will enter the code JCase provided.

***STEP THREE***

In JCase's video he types in the line:

Code:
telnet {IP Address} 2222

We don't need that step as we already connected it through Step 2.

Proceed to run the exploit:

Code:
dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto

8evg.jpg

After the first run, it will say to "ADB Reboot" your phone.

Open up the ADB window from earlier and run the command:

Code:
adb reboot

This will reboot the phone.

***STEP FOUR***

Because PuTTYtel is connecting to the phone to run the exploit, rebooting the phone closes the connection. We need to redo Steps 1-3, running the Cydia Impactor, opening PuTTYtel and connecting it using the IP, and running the same exploit command. The phone reboots itself after the second exploit command so no need to adb reboot again.

***STEP FIVE***

Checking for root. After the exploit has been ran three times, go back to the ADB window and type the following:

Code:
adb shell su -c "id"

If you get the return message saying:

Code:
uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

You're done and rooted! Go install SuperSu from the Play Store and make sure to throw a couple bucks JCase's way for making this great tool.

u3qo.jpg

Last edited:

dsimages

Oct 6, 2009
Worked like a charm.
Now just that damn VZ bootloader...

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Also, for those of you reading on rooting and not really confident enough to use adb I suggest this .exe.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=42407269
Its a minimal adb shell. Simple and easy to use, just install the program on a windows machine, open it up, plug in the phone, start your commands.

Reactions: Omnipharious

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
^you adb push'd .zip instead of .jar. Rerun it through adb. Then it'll work. Happened to me as well.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lowvolt1

mpetruzz

Nov 25, 2010
When I run impactor it just sits at testing #9950697. I've tried it a few times and each it does that. What can I do??

lowvolt1

Feb 29, 2012
After root you will need to go to play store and install superSU. Then open it and update binaries.

theraffman

Jul 22, 2011
i know but should we find an app like when we root whit pwnmoto that help us to be switching beetwen "recovery" and regular system

I don't believe there is. If you don't want to use xposed framework and get extended power options, then the only options to get to recovery (that I know if) are

1) power off> volume down with power> volume down to recovery> power up to select.

2) Adb reboot recovery

Sent from my XT1058 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: juancaperez2000

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So if you were like me and upon first watching JCase's video for RockMyMoto and were confused, this is for you. This guide will cater to Windows users since Mac and Linux users should be able to follow along seamlessly to JCase's steps. The steps here are no different, the commands are the same, just an extra application that works better than the Windows built in Telnet client.

First off I just want to thank JCase for taking so much time to release this for us. All credit goes to him.

Download Cydia Impactor (Thanks Saurik!) from his website HERE.

Download the RockMyMoto.zip attachment from JCase's post HERE.

Next download the PuTTYtel file "puttytel.exe" (You don't need the full application) HERE.

The initial steps are the same regardless of platform. I won't go into details on getting ADB set up, etc. Follow JCase's video and guide for all of that or search around XDA. Chances are someone else has explained this.

***STEP ONE***

So at this point your phone should be connected to ADB and you should have your IP Address. Leave your ADB window open as we will go back to it later. Run the Cydia Impactor application from the above download.

From the drop down menu, select:

Code:
    # start telnetd as system on port 2222

Click on start and you should see a series of messages saying testing, installing, waiting to complete (a couple others) and then it goes back to the # start telnetd" message. This is OK.

***STEP TWO***

Run the "puttytel.exe" file downloaded from the link above.

From the initial screen, enter in your IP Address from the ADB terminal in the box where it says "Host Name (or IP Address).

Enter "2222" without quotes in the box listed as Port.

Make sure the connection type has Telnet selected and then click "Open" at the bottom.

tktv.jpg

A PuTTYtel window will open up where we will enter the code JCase provided.

***STEP THREE***

In JCase's video he types in the line:

Code:
    telnet {IP Address} 2222

We don't need that step as we already connected it through Step 2.

Proceed to run the exploit:

Code:
    dalvikvm -cp /sdcard/RockMyMoto.jar RockMyMoto

8evg.jpg

After the first run, it will say to "ADB Reboot" your phone.

Open up the ADB window from earlier and run the command:

Code:
    adb reboot

This will reboot the phone.

***STEP FOUR***

Because PuTTYtel is connecting to the phone to run the exploit, rebooting the phone closes the connection. We need to redo Steps 1-3, running the Cydia Impactor, opening PuTTYtel and connecting it using the IP, and running the same exploit command. The phone reboots itself after the second exploit command so no need to adb reboot again.

***STEP FIVE***

Checking for root. After the exploit has been ran three times, go back to the ADB window and type the following:

Code:
    adb shell su -c "id"

If you get the return message saying:

Code:
    uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

You're done and rooted! Go install SuperSu from the Play Store and make sure to throw a couple bucks JCase's way for making this great tool.

u3qo.jpg
    When I run impactor it just sits at testing #9950697. I've tried it a few times and each it does that. What can I do??

You need to check your phone now there was a pop up box from google warning about unauthorized software just click ok.
    where on my puter do i put the SU & RockMyMoto files? do they go in the same folder as ADB?
    Yes! Unzip both files into the same folder that you have ADB and fastboot in.

Hold "Shift" and right click, select "Open command window here" from within your ADB folder.
    Ensure your phone has USB debugging enabled and plug your phone in via USB.
    Type "adb devices"
    If you don't see any devices listed, then figure out why your ADB isn't seeing your phone. (search terms like "how to set up adb on windows #")
    If you do see devices listed, good, proceed to type the following.

adb push su /sdcard/
    adb push RockMyMoto.jar /sdcard/

I don't believe either will return a message, but if you wanna check, use a file manager and look at the root of sdcard. Who knows, perhaps you can even bluetooth/wifi transfer the 2 files onto your sdcard, but you'll need adb working regardless for the next steps.

Now you may follow the rest of the directions of this thread starting at step 1.

If you're still having troubles, I recommend you start from scratch, read both this and http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47065174#post47065174 or Google it!
    Thanks a ton!:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

No problem. Let me know if you can get it to work on your desktop. I'll stick around in IRC for awhile as to not clog up the thread.
    Finally, Got IT! We're Rooted!!!

Ok, here we go.
    Continue Reading ....

First, let me say, I am not new to rooting but have always used a "one click" method.
    Secondly, I have never used adb and didn't really know what it was, although seeing it in print many times.
    Third, I do have a windows 7 PC and know how to use Google. This coupled with a little thought, got me through it.
    I googled how to use adb. And was able to set it up. After finding my IP address, I moved on to the next step. When I received the "no such directory" error, I realized that the files I was trying to push were not in that directory.
    I moved the files and started the process over. I then got past that part and received the "read only" error. That was simply due to my back slashes being forward slashes, in the command line.
    After I moved past that step, it was time to telnet. I kept getting a "command not recognized" error. Again I turned to Google. I found out that on windows 7 you have to go into control panel and turn telnet on. I did that and tried to connect to the device following the instructions in the OP. I kept getting a "can't connect to device" error. I remembered reading in the OP that on windows and with certain router settings you may not be able to connect. I went back to that part of the OP and clicked on the " here" link. I then was directed to the how to for windows RockMyMoto thread. I followed that tutorial and without a hitch, I am rooted.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2509590
    Not sure if you have seen this.
    Don't over think it. Put the rockmymoto.jar and supersu files that were in the. Zip into your platform tools folder.
    To use adb you will open the platform tools folder find adb within that folder hold shift right click on adb. And select open command prompt here.
    Push rockmymoto.jar and supersu to the device. And follow the rest of the instructions.
    When you get to the cydia impactor part, you have to run cydia and then do your puttytel. You will do this three times.
    This info. Should get you done. If not tag me and we will get you through it.

Slapped the sh*t out of my X
    if you found me to be helpful, throw me a thumbs up.
    :good:

Thank you very much! It worked. You guys were right.. I was over-thinking it. This is now my,hands-down, favorite community on the web! Thanks to all who listened to my going-on and help me get a solid resolution. Now, on to XPosed Framework! I think I am prepared for that one. lol...