[RECOVERY image] {v2} X10 GB 3.0.1.G.0.75 [Prerooted + Fixed xRecovery]

Search This thread

mahesh911

Feb 20, 2011
Trivandrum
I'm pleased to say my windows 7 installation did the trick.
I ran repair mode in sony pc companion.
Thanks for your suggestion, very helpful.

Now i'm having problem rooting on flashtool.
it gets stuck on 'Running installftkit as root thru sysrun'

seee.. I told u..!! ths is y I said its easy.. watever hell ur phone goes into, sony pc companion wil repair nd make it fully stock.. then u can start all over again.. use flashtool 09.11 nd just rooting nd unlocking bootloader is just a click away.. its just 1 click..! wat cud possibly go wrong. check rooting forums.

Reactions: Dr Goodvibes

theVenerable

Dec 21, 2013
seee.. I told u..!! ths is y I said its easy.. watever hell ur phone goes into, sony pc companion wil repair nd make it fully stock.. then u can start all over again.. use flashtool 09.11 nd just rooting nd unlocking bootloader is just a click away.. its just 1 click..! wat cud possibly go wrong. check rooting forums.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I don't know if I'm rooted properly or not, as it hangs at the point I mentioned above.
I see no other posts with the same issue.
I did have super user installed, so thought perhaps it worked.
I couldn't install recovery with flash tool, it said its 'pending' or something like that.
I used recoveryx instead.
Then flashed feralab jellybean with the locked boot kernal pre installed in the rom.
And I get a bricked phone again.
Sorry my friend it is NOT simple.

I have not had too many suggestions on how to proceed.

Why am I having so many problems if its so simple ?

I'll ask once more

Can someone please help me ?

theVenerable

Dec 21, 2013
Jeez..
HELP? ""?"?!?!?!?!?!?!

it's not my phone and i need to give it back soon

why are you guys so eager to say how great it is to flash a device, but offer so little help when it screws up?

Someone can get cash if they talk me thru the set up process and see what the eff im doing wrong

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Third attempt.
I flashed the kernel first, just in case that was the problem.

Bricked phone again

I wont even bother asking for help anymore here.
i get next to none anyway

JeffreyPiket

Jun 6, 2012
Bourtange
Jeez..
HELP? ""?"?!?!?!?!?!?!

it's not my phone and i need to give it back soon

why are you guys so eager to say how great it is to flash a device, but offer so little help when it screws up?

Someone can get cash if they talk me thru the set up process and see what the eff im doing wrong

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

Third attempt.
I flashed the kernel first, just in case that was the problem.

Bricked phone again

I wont even bother asking for help anymore here.
i get next to none anyway

Hey Buddy here's my method which works for me every time!:

1 - Go back to original SE Stock GB 2.3.3 using Sony Update Service
2 - Root you device and install xRecovery on it using this method
3 - Power down your device and flash Achotjan's SDE JB Kernel v0.3
4 - Power on your device and go to CWM Recovery by tapping the back button once when blue led flashes
5 - Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache, go to mounts and storage and make sure you have cache, data and system mounted than format them and after that make sure you have mounted them again.
6 - Now you are ready to install Achotjan's Somc Debrand Engine v1.0 RC2 (or RC1)

For me it's the only way to be sure i have a 100% clean install. I hope it works as good for you as it works for me.

Good Luck! :fingers-crossed:;)

theVenerable

Dec 21, 2013
Hey Buddy here's my method which works for me every time!:

1 - Go back to original SE Stock GB 2.3.3 using Sony Update Service
2 - Root you device and install xRecovery on it using this method
3 - Power down your device and flash Achotjan's SDE JB Kernel v0.3
4 - Power on your device and go to CWM Recovery by tapping the back button once when blue led flashes
5 - Wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, go to advanced and wipe dalvik cache, go to mounts and storage and make sure you have cache, data and system mounted than format them and after that make sure you have mounted them again.
6 - Now you are ready to install Achotjan's Somc Debrand Engine v1.0 RC2 (or RC1)

For me it's the only way to be sure i have a 100% clean install. I hope it works as good for you as it works for me.

Good Luck! :fingers-crossed:;)

Thanks for all that help.
Unfortunately I still have a few issues,

1. The picture guides are missing from the link you sent, and the video is very shaky, making hard to see exactly what to do and when to do it.

2. The phone has gone back to the owner and I will only borrow it again If I'm reasonably sure what to do and that it will work.

3. I'd still rather use feralabs ginger bread rom as it seems its the only complete rom available (wifi, camera etc)

Thanks again

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated

JeffreyPiket

Jun 6, 2012
Bourtange
Thanks for all that help.
Unfortunately I still have a few issues,

1. The picture guides are missing from the link you sent, and the video is very shaky, making hard to see exactly what to do and when to do it.

2. The phone has gone back to the owner and I will only borrow it again If I'm reasonably sure what to do and that it will work.

3. I'd still rather use feralabs ginger bread rom as it seems its the only complete rom available (wifi, camera etc)

Thanks again

Any further suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Check you're PM, same reply ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This would not have been possible without the tools provided by aZuZu and the help provided by jerpelea!!!

THANK YOU GUYS!

[ Screenshots ]

x10gbrooted-1.png
    x10gbrooted-2.png
    x10gbrooted-3.png

[ Requirements ]

1. any working ROM with recovery
      [best situation is to flash stock 2.1 se rom root it and install recovery using latest flashtool]
    2. flashtool
    3. FTF bundle posted below
    4. Recovery image posted below

[ Features ]

1. Stock SE 2.3.3 ROM
    2. prerooted (superuser files pre-installed, busybox pre-installed)
    3. xRecovery-0.3 (GBready) recovery (all known issues related to recovery are fixed in this version)

[ Important Links Before u Begin ]

1. Flashtool
    2. [FLASHTOOL GUIDE] HOW TO for n00bies

[ How To ]

*FOLLOW THE STEPS PRECISELY ELSE U WILL GET STUCK*

1. download the ftf bundle & compressed recovery image from linnks below
    2. extract the contents of the recovery image to a folder on desktop
    3. u will get a folder with 4 files as shown below:
      folderconents2.jpg
    4. connect device to PC and mount sdcard
    5. copy that extrated folder to /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/
    6. so final path to folder & files should look like:
      • /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_fixed_rec/cache.img
      • /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_fixed_rec/data.img
      • /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_fixed_rec/nandroid.md5
      • /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_fixed_rec/system.img
    7. once copying is finished unmount sdcard and disconnect cable
    8. reboot into recovery and restore this backup
    9. AFTER RESTORE IS DONE DO NOT REBOOT
    10. directly remove battery and wait for few minutes (since we dont have power off in recovery this is crude way to do it)
    11. now start flashtool and connect X10 in flash mode and flash the ftf bundle provided below
    12. after flashing is complete just restart device and enjoy prerooted X10 SE 2.3.3 GB!!!

[ Info ]

• if u get adb push errors to /system then anantshri has a solution: check here
    • NO-KNOWN root exploit was used! all the info on how to do this is already there in the threads i had created earlier and of-course using some ingenuous thinking ;)... u can check my sig for the links to those threads...
    • files prepared from following FTF file posted in flashtool thread:
      X10i Generic
      Generic version 2.3.3 build 3.0.1.G.0.75 (MD5: 36F52BAA3556CDD7E56383614C01E5D6)

[ Donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Downloads ]

1. FTF bundle (contains only kernel & baseband from stock SE FW 2.3.3)
      [12MB] http://doomlord.sylvester20007.com/x10/x10_gb/X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_only_kernel_baseband.7z [Multiupload mirror]

2. Recovery image
      [109MB] http://doomlord.sylvester20007.com/x10/x10_gb/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_fixed_rec.7z [Multiupload mirror]

[ Warning ]

• if u ppl (modders/rom makers) will be using this work atleast link back to thread & atleast acknowledge the work i did!!! (this mean u too TripNRaVeR)

[ Older Verions ]

Older versions are posted below in 2nd post
    Older Versions

THE FOLLOWING IS OLD INFO

[ Requirements ]

1. any working ROM with recovery [best situation is to flash stock 2.1 se rom root it and install recovery]
    2. flashtool
    3. FTF bundle posted below
    4. Recovery image posted below

[ Features ]

1. Stock SE 2.3.3 ROM
    2. prerooted (superuser files pre-installed, busybox pre-installed)
    3. FreeXperia recovery (slightly buggy but will be improved later)

[ How To (Recovery Image Way)]

1. download the ftf bundle & compressed recovery image from linnks below
    2. extract the contents of the recovery image to a folder on desktop
    3. u will get a folder with 4 files as shown below:
      folderconents.jpg
    4. connect device to PC and mount sdcard
    5. copy that extrated folder to /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/
    6. so final path to folder & files should look like:
      • /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75/cache.img
      • /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75/data.img
      • /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75/nandroid.md5
      • /sdcard/xrecovery/backup/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75/system.img
    7. once copying is finished unmount sdcard and disconnect cable
    8. reboot into recovery and restore this backup
    9. AFTER RESTORE IS DONE DO NOT REBOOT
    10. wipe cache, data partitions
    11. directly remove battery and wait for few minutes (since we dont have power off in recovery this is crude way to do it)
    12. now start flashtool and connect X10 in flash mode and flash the ftf bundle provided below
    13. after flashing is complete just restart device and enjoy prerooted X10 SE 2.3.3 GB!!!

[ How To (Alternate update.zip Way)] (thanks to kxhawkins)

Hi guys since i am out right now i couldnt test it but kxhawkins has posted direct flash-able update.zip HERE, instructions are there in his post... please test it out and report back...

[ Info ]

• this has already been tested to work by me, erickwill & kxhawkins... but please test it and report back...
    • NO-KNOWN root exploit was used! all the info on how to do this is already there in the threads i had created earlier and of-course using some ingenuous thinking ;)... u can check my sig for the links to those threads...
    • files prepared from following FTF file posted in flashtool thread:
      X10i Generic
      Generic version 2.3.3 build 3.0.1.G.0.75 (MD5: 36F52BAA3556CDD7E56383614C01E5D6)

[ Donations ]

if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc ;)

PAYPAL DONATION LINK

[ Downloads ]

1. FTF bundle (contains only kernel & baseband from stock SE FW 2.3.3)
      [12MB] http://doomlord.sylvester20007.com/x10/x10_gb/X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_only_kernel_baseband.7z [Multiupload mirror]

2. Recovery image
      [134MB] http://doomlord.sylvester20007.com/x10/x10_gb/prerooted_X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75.7z [Multiupload mirror]

[ Warning ]

• if u ppl (modders/rom makers) will be using this work atleast link back to thread & atleast acknowledge the work i did!!! (this mean u too TripNRaVeR)
    • the prerooted + recovery image might be slightly buggy (as i havent verified the permissions on all files yet) but till then u can enjoy prerooted SE 2.3.3 GB ROM

[ Known Issues ]

Included recovery (FreeXperia recovery) is slightly buggy and might give "unable to mount sdcard" problem if used multiple times in same recovery session.. <<< FIX >>>: install the latest fixed xRecovery posted by zdzihu here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=859571
    FT/xRec Flashable GB Update

Here we go guys,

1. Download the Gingerbread zip here: X10i_Official_GB_Rooted_006.zip
    2. Put it on your SD Card, boot into recovery, and flash it.
    4. DO NOT REBOOT FROM RECOVERY, pull your battery out
    5. Fire up FlashTool and flash this: X10i_3.0.1.G.0.75_Baseband and Kernel Update.ftf
    6. Turn your rooted, zipaligned, and busyboxed Gingerbread X10 on.

NOTICE: I've only done very preliminary testing on this, and don't know what bugs you'll run into, but I can say that the permissions are all set (manually AND by script at install-time) and it's much smoother than the original release.

Have fun
    files uploaded and posted!

happy play

icon8.gif