Samsung Note n9005 AUSTRALIAN Help

Search This thread

hashcheck

Help :( i have a Australian SM-N9005 and i rooted fine and flashed the Omega rom which worked perfectly. I decided to some of the other roms out there and after flashing ROM][XXBUMI7][V1.1][8/10][N9005] K.I.D.1412| Fast|Clean|Stable|battery life| now my phone just boot loops after intial Samsung Note 3 logo. I can get into CWM still and Odin Mode and have tried flashing Kernel, Recovery etc etc and also a few other roms with the same boot loop. Anyone know what would be going on?

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
If that was happening to me. I would take out my Sd card and go into cwm wipe all! Then flash over stock with Odin

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

VanHermiz

Sep 5, 2012
Melbourne
I recently upgraded my Optus contract and picked up the note 3. It has Optus branding. Once the Australian XSA firmware is released am I able to flash over the Optus firmware via odin like we used to do with previous Samsung devices or am I going to trigger knox? I'm not fussed about root for now, I just don't want the Optus crap.

uccoffee.forum

May 21, 2012
I recently upgraded my Optus contract and picked up the note 3. It has Optus branding. Once the Australian XSA firmware is released am I able to flash over the Optus firmware via odin like we used to do with previous Samsung devices or am I going to trigger knox? I'm not fussed about root for now, I just don't want the Optus crap.

There is one called SM-N9005 Australia 2013 October 4.3 N9005XXUBMI7 N9005XSABMI1
from sammobile.com

does it work?
I dont dare to flash yet... cos I dont want to lose my 2+1 years warranty.

maidangisme

May 7, 2012
Homeless
Knox and Region Lock better play safe, who knows after flash firmware from different region Our phone will become one of region locked phone.
-I wait for Devs figure out the way to disable Knox counter flag.

KTM690

Apr 10, 2010
Wollongong
There is one called SM-N9005 Australia 2013 October 4.3 N9005XXUBMI7 N9005XSABMI1
from sammobile.com

does it work?

I tried to flash this on my n9005 from Kogan (Phone come from Hong Kong) & it kept failing in odin right at the end.
I eventually had to do a firmware recovery with Kies to get it working again

Last edited:
Reactions: Tobz

VanHermiz

Sep 5, 2012
Melbourne
from sammobile.com

does it work?

I downloaded that from sammobile.com last night, I don't want to flash until I know it wont trigger knox. I've got 2 more years on this contract so warranty is important right now lol.

I tried to flash this on my n9005 from Kogan (Phone come from Hong Kong) & it kept failing in odin right at the end.

Not sure but could be that your phone is region locked to Hong Kong and you're flashing firmware from another region? But then again I remember reading someone downloaded Unknown - XSI from sammobile and flashed it without having problems and it supposedly didn't trigger knox not sure what firmware he was on though.

Last edited:

Xalies

Nov 16, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
If it's region locked it says so on the box

83180d1380202278t-note-3-region-locked-note-3-americas-region-lock-645x363.jpg

Reactions: VanHermiz

VanHermiz

Sep 5, 2012
Melbourne
Didn't know that cause I didn't have that sticker on my note 3 box. Thanks for the info.

raggamuffin

May 16, 2007
My N3 is also from Kogan. I suspect mine was activated in Hong Kong before being shipped to me even though the OLB region is not meant to have Region Lock enabled. I had written to Kogan before buying the phone enquiring on the Region Lock of the devices they ship. I guess they activated the phone in Hong Kong just to be safe.

Looking forward to rooting and loading Omega ROM but until the process is a little more mature, I'm holding off.

Great to see so many people working hard on this device. :D

porkchop8

Jun 1, 2011
I have an Optus N3. Flashed another stock firmware over the optus one before flashing Omega Rom. Works beautifully. Cant wait for kernels to come out so i can play with it more (undervolting, etc).
Love the Xposed installer with modules.

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hi,

I also am worried to flash anything at the moment.

Does that XSA Firmware (I'm assuming that means open, like directly from Samsung AUS...?) trigger KNOX counter? Its official firmware, I'd assume not, just wanted to see what others say or have had happen...

Do you guys think its better to wait till carrier updates to 4.4.2, so bootloader and everything gets done officially. then root and flash 4.4.2 roms?

Or I can just flash the Polish (or other NA7) 4.4.2 (NA7) and just go from there? Dam, I'm not sure yet...if anyone shed some light on this that would be great!!

Thanks advance guys!!

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Hi,

I also am worried to flash anything at the moment.

Does that XSA Firmware (I'm assuming that means open, like directly from Samsung AUS...?) trigger KNOX counter? Its official firmware, I'd assume not, just wanted to see what others say or have had happen...

Do you guys think its better to wait till carrier updates to 4.4.2, so bootloader and everything gets done officially. then root and flash 4.4.2 roms?

Or I can just flash the Polish (or other NA7) 4.4.2 (NA7) and just go from there? Dam, I'm not sure yet...if anyone shed some light on this that would be great!!

Thanks advance guys!!

You can flash any Stock Samsung rom without triggering Knox however, due to a new bootloader in the Kitkat rom once you flash it you can't go back to the Aussie JB rom...
You should be able to go to the Aussie KK rom when it comes out but until then you are stuck using other country roms and modems....
I had the Polish NA7 rom installed and it worked OK however my phone was rooted so I didn't have some of the problems others have reported - apps unable to access/write to internal/external sd cards...
Since then I went to custom roms, much better...

Lambetts

Nov 7, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Oh ok I see. Thanks for your reply.

So what do you recommend? Can't I flash the polish to get my boot loader updated then flash a custom kit kat rom? Then when an Australian one comes out flash stock again then root again? Is that possible?

I've never had this problem where I've been faced with how I can't "go back" Haha.

Thanks again.

Wobzy

Sep 23, 2012
Melbourne
Anyone know where i can get stock aus firmware higher than;

N9005XXUBMI7_N9005XSABMI1_XSA

Was preloaded JB 4.3 i forgot to save backup before i flashed.

I went to a KK 4.4 CM ROM straight out of the box.
I decided i wanted to revert to stock and play with the touchwiz features.
Strangely i flashed via odin the wrong firmware.
Pretty sure it was this one;
N9005XXUDML3_N9005IDEDML4_IDE
Which ended up being polish JB 4.3 (Orange)
And it worked.
=\

Forgetting my confusion about reverting from KK to JB,
After downloading aus firmware from sammobile,
Both the retail and telstra are failing with this message;
W REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 2 . Binary : 1

Checked the forums but only found threads relevant to SGSIV.
Something about new OTA update blocking root.

Any help?

Oh and if possible id prefer stock retail to telstra branded.

Cheers.

Edit ; sorted, found them, Sammobile just takes abit of navigating.

Last edited:

ewok666

Apr 4, 2006
Anyone know where i can get stock aus firmware higher than;

N9005XXUBMI7_N9005XSABMI1_XSA

Was preloaded JB 4.3 i forgot to save backup before i flashed.

I went to a KK 4.4 CM ROM straight out of the box.
I decided i wanted to revert to stock and play with the touchwiz features.
Strangely i flashed via odin the wrong firmware.
Pretty sure it was this one;
N9005XXUDML3_N9005IDEDML4_IDE
Which ended up being polish JB 4.3 (Orange)
And it worked.
=\

Forgetting my confusion about reverting from KK to JB,
After downloading aus firmware from sammobile,
Both the retail and telstra are failing with this message;
W REV. CHECK FAIL : fused : 2 . Binary : 1

Checked the forums but only found threads relevant to SGSIV.
Something about new OTA update blocking root.

Any help?

Oh and if possible id prefer stock retail to telstra branded.

Cheers.

Edit ; sorted, found them, Sammobile just takes abit of navigating.

Not sure whether you have found out already but there is NO going back to 4.3 courtesy of the Samsung d1cktatorship.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    from sammobile.com

does it work?

If it's region locked it says so on the box

83180d1380202278t-note-3-region-locked-note-3-americas-region-lock-645x363.jpg