[APP] [FREE] [4.0+] ZaBa Photo Mosaic Lite

Search This thread

*Phi*

Feb 1, 2011
Las Vegas
hi,
clearing the media storage and the gallary storage works. just that it took a while to regenerate the thumbnails.

it is in the "advance settings" the external sdcard is not recornigzed for the location where the mosaics is to be saved
the path is /storage/extSdCard
it is a stock rom.

other then the path everything looks good. runs ok on my galaxy S4.
THANKS!!!
was looking for an app like this for a while.
will be getting the full version :)

zagonico

Oct 24, 2013
www.zabaapps.com
You convinced me. :)
So, 1.5euro from me... for the Pro version (that looks great, by the way)

Tried it.
And I love it

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

hi,
clearing the media storage and the gallary storage works. just that it took a while to regenerate the thumbnails.

it is in the "advance settings" the external sdcard is not recornigzed for the location where the mosaics is to be saved
the path is /storage/extSdCard
it is a stock rom.

other then the path everything looks good. runs ok on my galaxy S4.
THANKS!!!
was looking for an app like this for a while.
will be getting the full version :)

Thank you everybody for the feedback, I'm very happy that you like it!!
*Phi*: we'll try to solve the problem with your external sd.. as far as we know, it's the first time it happens.. :/ I hope we'll solve it soon!

In these days we are releasing a new Complete version, easier to configure, and a Lite version where you can test all the features of the Complete one.

Thank you everybody again! Your suggestions have been very useful!

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
Is there somehow possible to limit the number of photos to be used.
I have around 1000 photos, and then I make the mosaic it seems a little bit unclear.I have tried and play with the settings, but did not succeed.

zagonico

Oct 24, 2013
www.zabaapps.com
I have around 1000 photos, and then I make the mosaic it seems a little bit unclear.I have tried and play with the settings, but did not succeed.

Hi! Yesterday we released the new version of ZaBa Photo Mosaic and ZaBa Photo Mosaic Lite.
I think this is good to solve your problem: the new versions have the "fast" modality (search it in "Advanced Setting") that uses only 300 photos, allowing repetitions near one to each other (the same picture can be used as tessera in near locations).

More in general, if the photos are in different Albums, you can select only some Album in the "Select Album" section, to limit the number of photos used.

If they are all in one album, the are two possible solutions:
The first consists in creating a new album in the Android Gallery, adding to it only a limited amount of photos and than you select only this new album in "Select Album" when you create a new mosaic.
The second solution is to change Advanced Setting in this way: Number of Thumbnails Repetitions: 50, Distance between repetitions: 1. This setting probably will limit the number of photos used, since allowing ah high repetition rate, a certain color will be rendered always with the more similar picture. The number of repetitions should be higher than 50, but with more than 1000 photos maybe it would become to memory consuming..

In any case, you are right, it could be useful a parameter to limit the number of photos used, thank you for the suggestion!!
I hope this answer will help you!

I also would like to add that the new Lite version can create the preview of mosaics in High and Very High quality, so that you can test them without having to buy the App!

okty2k

Apr 24, 2010
I must say that you are providing one of the best support I have seen lately.
I will try your suggestion(s) one of these days and come back with feedback.

zagonico

Oct 24, 2013
www.zabaapps.com
Hi,

we released the new version of ZaBa Photo Mosaic. Now the App has two modality: Photographic and Print, the first creates very high resolution mosaics with small tesseras, so that the mosaic occupies few memory and can be easily stored in the smartphone, while the second creates mosaics with tesseras with high resolution, thought to be printed.

I think that this new modality is a great improvement, in fact it reduces the time to create a mosaic and improves the quality.

Here some example of results that you can obtain:
examples.png

I hope you'll like it.. :fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to everybody,

I would like to introduce ZaBa Photo Mosaic Lite, an Android App to create photomosaics with pictures present in the device.

It can produce colored, greyscaled and with sepia effect mosaic, selecting all the pictures in the Gallery or only some Album.
    The mosaic is composed of 33x33 pictures, each of 120x90 pixels, so the resolution is nice. In this free version at most 600 different pictures can be used in a mosaic. It takes me about two minutes to create a mosaic in the LG L9 and forty seconds in the Samsung S2.
    The result obtained is very nice, for example:

home.png

Features:
    - free
    - colored, greyscaled and with sepia effect mosaics
    - grid of photos or rotated photos as tesseras
    - you can select which album to use for the creation

I hope you'll enjoy it!

P.S.: in some device there could be some problems with the Android Thumbnails (you can recognize this if the second running is slow or if you have some hole in the mosaic). Go to Advanced Setting and set "ZaBa Thumbnails" to solve this issue. In a few days we are going to release version 2.1 with this problem solved and a new faster modality.
    link

Hi to everybody,

I would like to introduce ZaBa Photo Mosaic Lite, an Android App to create photomosaics with pictures present in the device.

adding link is always good ...

Click here for lite version

Click here for full version

DO tell abt both versions in ur post,

And dnt forget to press thanks if u think i helped ya.!

Hi! Yesterday we released the new version of ZaBa Photo Mosaic and ZaBa Photo Mosaic Lite.
    I think this is good to solve your problem: the new versions have the "fast" modality (search it in "Advanced Setting") that uses only 300 photos, allowing repetitions near one to each other (the same picture can be used as tessera in near locations).

More in general, if the photos are in different Albums, you can select only some Album in the "Select Album" section, to limit the number of photos used.

If they are all in one album, the are two possible solutions:
    The first consists in creating a new album in the Android Gallery, adding to it only a limited amount of photos and than you select only this new album in "Select Album" when you create a new mosaic.
    The second solution is to change Advanced Setting in this way: Number of Thumbnails Repetitions: 50, Distance between repetitions: 1. This setting probably will limit the number of photos used, since allowing ah high repetition rate, a certain color will be rendered always with the more similar picture. The number of repetitions should be higher than 50, but with more than 1000 photos maybe it would become to memory consuming..

In any case, you are right, it could be useful a parameter to limit the number of photos used, thank you for the suggestion!!
    I hope this answer will help you!

I also would like to add that the new Lite version can create the preview of mosaics in High and Very High quality, so that you can test them without having to buy the App!
    Could you please add the apk to the OP so that people with no access to the Play Store can try the app? No need to upload the paid one, just the lite will do :)

Thank you.

I have seen the review in the home page of XDA. Thank you very much! :)
    It is a great honor for us (the coauthor of the App and me), we spent a lot of energy and time in doing this App and it is a great reward to be in the home page of the main Android forum. :cool:

In a few days, we are releasing version 2.1 with a new modality and improved performance, so that the App will be fast in large part of the devices, also at the first usage.

In the App we implement the check of the license, and it would not work if installed out of the Google Play. According to the feedback, we may disable the check and upload the apk in this page (but we need some time, we are developing and maintaining the App in our free time).

We are available for any other advice or give other information about the App. :good:
    on the lite version how do you target a whole gallery? it only letting me target on photo. and also the setting tab is not working

The target is the image that will be used as base for the mosaic. You can select only one target at once.
    You can select which Album of the Gallery to use as tesseras for the mosaic in the Select Album section (you can access it from the main screen). By default the whole Gallery is already selected.

What do you mean with "is not working"? In the lite version some option are disabled (the high and very high quality, and some parameters related to them), and you can choose the kind of thumbnails to use (I suggest you to use ZaBa thumbnails, they have less bugs that Android thumbnails) and the output directory (internal SD or external SD, if you have one).

Let me know if you solve your problems!

blueether: thank you for the feedback!!

The idea of the app is great.
    While I understand the effort of the devs to build it, I have a complain (not on the app itself, to be noted): I think that the double limitation on Lite version (number of photos to use AND watermark) is too much. Basically, any photo created with the Lite version will be unusable.... :)

In the lite version you can use from 50 to 600 DIFFERENT photos, which are quite a lot in a 33x33 tesseras resolution: you can expect to create the whole mosaic using only two or three times every picture.
    I think that this is a sufficient number of photos to understand the potentialities of the App (note that all the color modes and the tessera modes are available in the lite version), unless you need an high quality mosaic.
    In a few days, we are releasing the new version of the App, including a new modality to obtain 2 possible kind of mosaics with the Lite version (again with all color and tessera modes available), I hope this will improve the possibility of test the Lite App.
    In any case, the Lite Version does NOT insert a WATERMARK in the mosaic (a watermark is a writing in the image, isn't it? or what do you mean with watermark?).
    Thank you for the feedback!!