(UPDATED) Touchflo cube + Black magic + VP3G rom + Instructions + links to rom

Search This thread

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
I posted before that I got this working flawlessly without worrying about editing the registry or worrying about soft resetting and so forth.

bLACK MAJIK ROM + CUBE http://rapidshare.com/files/40008965/Black_majik___working_cube.rar

VP3G ROM COOKED WITH CUBE NO NEED TO INSTAL ALPHA CAB NO MORE.
http://rapidshare.com/files/40790680/VP3G_with_a_touch_of_Cube.rar

Before I start I will have to say thanks to JJ AND HIS TEAM FOR MAKING THE TOUCH ALPHA CAB + THE-EQUINOXE in the wizard forum for giving me some insight of how he got his working in the wizard forum.

1. First you need to download a rom kitchen you can use bepe or the core pro kitchen for hermes.
http://rapidshare.com/files/34396945/CorePRO_HermKitchen.exe
ftp://xda:xda@ftp.xda-developers.com/Hermes/ROM_Kitchen_bepe/DEV_HERMES_WWE_WM6.rar

2. Download the Touch alpha cab here. http://rapidshare.com/files/38619462/Touch_Flo__Alpha_.cab.zip

3. Download the-eqinoxe files from here
http://rapidshare.com/files/40025633/HTC_Touchflo_Cube.rar

4. Download any rom.
so far i tested vp3g's and black magic and both works.
a. Dump the rom you are interested in.
b. Create packages WITH PACKAGE TOOL.

the equinoxe files you download you only need this file. HTC Touchflo Cube
Now this is the tricky part.

1. open the { touch.dll} folder and cut and paste the actually {{touch.dll file}}just the DLL.file itselF into your kitchen>OEM>OEMDrivers>TOUCH.DLL and overide the existing touch.dll file.

2. Put the remaining {touch.dll folder} into the OEM.

3. YOU HAVE ALREADY TAKEN THE TOUCH.DLL FILE FROM THE {{HTC Touchflo Cube}} SO PPLEASE PUT THIS FOLDER INTO THE KITCHEN OEM AS WELL.

THAT is it now build os and create rom.

After flashing back the OS onto your system install the TOUCH ALPHA CAB, IT WILL ASK FOR YOU TO RESET THE DEVICE.

1. Assign the TOUCHFLO TO ANY HARDWARE BUTTON AND WALLA YOU GOT THE CUBE WORKING FLAWLESSY.

I have been using for over two days now without any probs apart from it not working when your device is syncing, or if your ram is very low close some of your apps go into windows click on biotouch and click on touchflo button and it will work without soft resetting.

This is just my own testing and this is my first giving to the XDA family which has given me alot.

p.s just the cube which works no finger scrolling support

Last edited:

ericlin0122

Apr 2, 2006
Can you please explain in more detail or there is a HOWTO in the forum

4. Download any rom so far i tested vp3g's and black magic and both works.
a. Dump the rom you are interested in.
b. Create packages WITH PACKAGE TOOL.

Thank you.

swtaltima

Mar 16, 2007
Long Beach
Heres a question for morons like me LOL

Is this something that can be put in like a cab or possibly a future release? I have gotton buttonflo to work flawlessly but I would love to touch:D

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
lol

Is this something that can be put in like a cab or possibly a future release? I have gotton buttonflo to work flawlessly but I would love to touch:D

Likw what you said button flo but it works. i think the trick to get touch to work is in the TOUCH.DLL which needs to port in the hermes as to what they did on the french wizard rom.

CUSTEL

Mar 10, 2007
Why do all this if you can use a cab to achieve the same results? obviously the touch.dll doesnt enable the touch interface so why do unneeded cooking and risk n00bs screwing up their phones because you tell them the hard way of doing it when all they must do is install a simple cab, restart, and it runs fine?

This thread seems pointless...

swtaltima

Mar 16, 2007
Long Beach
Why do all this if you can use a cab to achieve the same results? obviously the touch.dll doesnt enable the touch interface so why do unneeded cooking and risk n00bs screwing up their phones because you tell them the hard way of doing it when all they must do is install a simple cab, restart, and it runs fine?

Pointless how? Do you have full touch capabilities? I noticed you had a bit more function the way you did it but I believe this thread is implying full function :confused: but I am lost so someone please enlighten me. Also Custel, have you made your cab available? Thanks in advance to everyone working on this.

duttythroy

Retired Moderator
Sep 17, 2006
london
Why?

custel y the aggression ur right I should put make sure ur device has got hard spl v7 but saying this thread is pointless is saying ur new rom is pointless as well.

Out of 10 person who install the alpha cab and just want the cube to work only about 1 including me will work for sometimes 9 out of 10 you get black interface when trying.
with this method you will never get a black screen the only thing I have seen it done is when your ram is low u have to close some of ur running programs and start biotouch and the click on touchflo again without restarting ur device.

I think this is half way through getting the full touch flo working on hermes. peace out.

masta7100

Nov 25, 2006
where can I get the cab Custel! i'm with you man.... forget all those steps... I want to easy install haha :-D

CUSTEL

Mar 10, 2007
custel y the aggression ur right I should put make sure ur device has got hard spl v7 but saying this thread is pointless is saying ur new rom is pointless as well.

Out of 10 person who install the alpha cab and just want the cube to work only about 1 including me will work for sometimes 9 out of 10 you get black interface when trying.
with this method you will never get a black screen the only thing I have seen it done is when your ram is low u have to close some of ur running programs and start biotouch and the click on touchflo again without restarting ur device.

I think this is half way through getting the full touch flo working on hermes. peace out.
I didn't know I didn't use JJ's cab, I made one and it was working fine for me then again i didnt release it so maybe I was the 1 in 10 that it worked for...

xultar

Aug 11, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Doode. I got it work with out all that. I just flashed to magik, installed the TF alfa cab, deleted the startup bio file and deleted the registry and

BLAMMO

Touchflo-Button style.

So I don't know what you're talking about but I don't even think the finger thing will work cuz the effin screen isn't compatible

CUSTEL

Mar 10, 2007
Doode. I got it work with out all that. I just flashed to magik, installed the TF alfa cab, deleted the startup bio file and deleted the registry and

BLAMMO

Touchflo-Button style.

So I don't know what you're talking about but I don't even think the finger thing will work cuz the effin screen isn't compatible
then why does it work on wizard?

swtaltima

Mar 16, 2007
Long Beach
Just FYI, runnin majic I just installed alpha and assigned the button and sr and its worked all day loooong with no glitches. This means I bypassed pretty much everything, no deleting in the registry or start up folder :D

walshieau

Nov 7, 2006

BLAMMO

Touchflo-Button style.

Its not the hardware... the touch.dll is required for the finger motion stuff...

sunlip

Jul 5, 2006
Button Touchflo won't work after keyboard slideout

Does anyone notice once you slide out the hardware keyboard and rotate the screen back from landscape, activate button touchflo will not work...

(have to goto /windows and run biotouch again, then touchflo button again, but intermittent blank screen problem)

Last edited:

spidy.web

Apr 9, 2007
Worked the first time!

I got it working after a fresh install of Black Majic then I started to use Pocket IE and tried running it again it just gave me blank screen again. And I haven't had it working since and I don't want to reinstall the ROM again to just make it work and not work again. Any suggestions? I also tried soft-reset, deleting bio link and registry stuff.

Last edited: