OTA 4.4.2 Available

Search This thread

Tersanyus

Oct 2, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Yep, confirmed here too. Had checked software update about 30 minutes ago and nothing. Then checked now and it gave some small prep update. That is installing now.

Completely stock here, never rooted or unlocked or anything. Because of that I think my update will be just fine

Reactions: goodman_east

Spider210

Sep 13, 2010
Yep, confirmed here too. Had checked software update about 30 minutes ago and nothing. Then checked now and it gave some small prep update. That is installing now.

Completely stock here, never rooted or unlocked or anything. Because of that I think my update will be just fine

You should have unlocked s-off cause the update says blocks rumrunner security off as a 'bug fix'

Spider210

Sep 13, 2010

can you share the two ota files?

Already almost finished installing otherwise I would have grabbed them, i'm sure someone will be kind enough to grab them and upload them :good:

Reactions: goodman_east

Tersanyus

Oct 2, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
I don't think I'm going to do anything to this phone. I know it's odd that someone on XDA doesn't root or unlock or anything like that. I actually learned a hard lesson with the DNA. When I got it in early 2013 I bricked it. It could have been hardware related too. The display did funky things. It was replaced under warranty.

I used the replacement for some time before I sold it off then moved on to other phones. Back in January I saw on for sale on Craigslist. I bought it for like $60 but it was a bit beat up. Small crack on the top right of the screen and scratches everywhere. Now my DNA is mostly a spare phone.

What I find funny is the DNA now has KitKat and my primary phone is a Verizon Note 3 and it doesn't yet have KitKat officially. I did take the "leak" of KitKat and it is great. That's as close to any hacking I have done in ages. Probably should not have taken that leak for the Note 3 but too late.

My DNA is still installing the update. May try rooting but would rather not brick this phone.

orangechoochoo

Nov 30, 2012
Beating up dumbbells
At least you need to be on the stock recovery and ROM, I'm not sure if being s-on is required.

Give it some time, someone will post the new radio, hboot, and rom.

---------- Post added at 09:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 AM ----------

I don't think I'm going to do anything to this phone. I know it's odd that someone on XDA doesn't root or unlock or anything like that. I actually learned a hard lesson with the DNA. When I got it in early 2013 I bricked it. It could have been hardware related too. The display did funky things. It was replaced under warranty.

I used the replacement for some time before I sold it off then moved on to other phones. Back in January I saw on for sale on Craigslist. I bought it for like $60 but it was a bit beat up. Small crack on the top right of the screen and scratches everywhere. Now my DNA is mostly a spare phone.

What I find funny is the DNA now has KitKat and my primary phone is a Verizon Note 3 and it doesn't yet have KitKat officially. I did take the "leak" of KitKat and it is great. That's as close to any hacking I have done in ages. Probably should not have taken that leak for the Note 3 but too late.

My DNA is still installing the update. May try rooting but would rather not brick this phone.

The leaked kk update for the Note3 looks friendly

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...e-ota-update-verizon-galaxy-note-3-again.html

Drunkula

Jan 22, 2012
Denton, TX
I'm not on stock recovery. Perhaps I'll wait.

EDIT:
The heck with it. I reflashed stock recovery using fastboot. I'll give it shot.

Last edited:

goodman_east

Jan 13, 2013
Amoy
At least you need to be on the stock recovery and ROM, I'm not sure if being s-on is required.

Give it some time, someone will post the new radio, hboot, and rom.

stock recoery
stock rom,you can root, but build.prop cannot be modified.
s-on+locked, or s-on+relocked, or s-off( locked, unlocked, or relocked will be ok)

your rom version must be 3.06.605.4

joshkoss

Retired Senior Moderator
Oct 31, 2007
CT, USA
Update installed. Besides what's mentioned in the links on previous thread... Zoe camera mode is there ;)

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

djisback

Nov 4, 2010
Update installed. Besides what's mentioned in the links on previous thread... Zoe camera mode is there ;)

Were you S-Off and rooted, with stock rom? and after the update did you remain rooted and s-off with no issues? if so what method did you use to get s-off?

Stonent

Apr 14, 2010
jasonthepcmd.blogspot.com
This is a 2 part download, the initial one was about 30MB and it rebooted. Part 2 is 618MB.
Mine's downloading now but I'm at work so I can't capture the OTA unfortunately.
You have to manually initiate the update scan both times.

Stonent

Apr 14, 2010
jasonthepcmd.blogspot.com
Was stock 3.0.6 previous.
No s off

Finished:

Android 4.4.2
Sense 5.5
Software Number 4.09.605.1
HTC SDK API Level 5.69

PRI Version 4.66_002
PRL 15296
ERI 5

Kernel:
3.4.10-g6a3a21b
root@abm026 #1
SMP PREEMPT

Baseband Version

Build Number
4.09.605.1 ck322791 release-keys

Reactions: JB_Da_Greatest

JinxtPhoto

Sep 9, 2010
Was on stock 3.06, unlocked bootloader and s-off.
Update kept me unlocked and s-off.
Lost root during the update but I was able to flash TWRP 2.7.0.0. and re-install SuperSU without any issues.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Finished:

Android 4.4.2
Sense 5.5
Software Number 4.09.605.1
HTC SDK API Level 5.69

PRI Version 4.66_002
PRL 15296
ERI 5

Kernel:
3.4.10-g6a3a21b
root@abm026 #1
SMP PREEMPT