[update]Google wallet officially available for att. Workaround for T-Mobile inside!

Search This thread

predation

Jan 1, 2011
***edit***
according to developer adrynalyne, "It won't work on any build that is listed as anything other than yakju or mysid in the build.prop."
Thanks to: axion68
Instead of doing the SIM card swap. do this.....

1. clear your default application in your browser settings. (settings-->apps-->all-->browser-->clear defaults.)
2. go to : https://market.android.com/search?q=google+wallet
3. sign in and search for "google wallet"
4. when found: click on the icon (not the "install" button).
5. the browser should ask you if you'd like to use "browser" or "market".
6. click on the market option and voila! ability to add google wallet on your phone with Tmobile simcard installed.

*note* when you're navigating to the web address and google wallet icon, the browser will ask to use the browser or market to access. choose browser all the way through until you click on the google wallet icon. at that point choose the market option.

some users are experiencing some issues.
according to developer adrynalyne, "It won't work on any build that is listed as anything other than yakju or mysid in the build.prop."

if the process above is not working for you, try putting an ATT sim card in.

Last edited:

Rshaokh

Mar 28, 2011
I'm on T-Mobile and I got it to work by using the Chrome to Phone trick that the comments mentioned on the Engadget website. However, it took a few tries and I even took out my sim card (used wifi) since it kept saying that my carrier was not supported.

BlazinGTI

Jul 26, 2008
I can confirm that the workaround OP posted for T-Mobile worked 100%. Now to teat it out at 7-11 tomorrow!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

طوني تبولة

Apr 8, 2011
DC Metro
you're amazing

This should work on all carriers. No root needed.

Open this link in the browser (not market. If it auto loads in the market app you need to reset your defaults). Do not make your browser the default

https://market.android.com/search?q=google+wallet

Now click on the google wallet image and it will ask you if you want to open it in
the browser or market. Select market, then you can install.

This worked perfectly.

lKoRTy

Dec 28, 2011
I have done the workaround, but within market it says "This item isn't available by your carrier". So I can't install it.. Suggestions?

ATnTdude

Feb 19, 2008
Chicago, IL USA
Stock with leaked Wallet sideloaded:

1) Go to market.android.com. Stay in browser. Do not open market.
2) Search for Wallet. Again, stay in browser.
3) Click the icon for Wallet, this time open it in Market App.
4) Update App.
5) Party like an underwear gnome.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This should work on all carriers. No root needed.

Open this link in the browser (not market. If it auto loads in the market app you need to reset your defaults). Do not make your browser the default

https://market.android.com/search?q=google+wallet

Now click on the google wallet image and it will ask you if you want to open it in
    the browser or market. Select market, then you can install.