[Q] How to turn on ART?

Search This thread

iantung329

Jun 11, 2014
Houston
Hammerhead (KTU84P), rooted. I tried to turn on ART by going to "developer options" and under select runtime, select ART, then it will ask me to reboot. But after reboot, I come back to the developer options, it still shows "Dalvik".

Anyone can tell me how to turn on ART? Thanks.

TheLastSidekick

Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Hammerhead (KTU84P), rooted. I tried to turn on ART by going to "developer options" and under select runtime, select ART, then it will ask me to reboot. But after reboot, I come back to the developer options, it still shows "Dalvik".

XPosed does not currently support ART runtime. You're going to need to uninstall it as said above in order to utilize ART.

Sent from Tapatalk on Nexus 5

Reactions: iantung329

danarama

Aug 22, 2010
Oxenhope, West Yorkshire, UK
(face palm)

Xposed is not ART compatible?

Nope. Dalvik is a "Just-in-Time" run time. This means translation of code happens at the time it happens - when it is needed to be executed. Xposed allows modules to intercept these commands and change them.

ART is not Just-in-time. It does all translation prior to the application running, which means that there is nothing for Xposed to intercept

Reactions: iantung329

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

By uninstalling Xposed.

You're running xposed yes?

XPosed does not currently support ART runtime. You're going to need to uninstall it as said above in order to utilize ART.

Sent from Tapatalk on Nexus 5
    (face palm)

Xposed is not ART compatible?

Nope. Dalvik is a "Just-in-Time" run time. This means translation of code happens at the time it happens - when it is needed to be executed. Xposed allows modules to intercept these commands and change them.

ART is not Just-in-time. It does all translation prior to the application running, which means that there is nothing for Xposed to intercept