[Q] "The process com.android .phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again...

Search This thread

lloydvh

Mar 4, 2012
[Q] "The process com.android .phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again...

Yes, I'm a noob! I hope I am in the right place.

I have an LG P505R. It was locked to Rogers. I purchased a set of unlock codes, and entered the appropriate one - it says the phone is unlocked.

All is well when I use a Rogers SIM. However, when I install a T-Mobile SIM, I get the error: "The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." every two seconds or so. Practically makes the phone unusable! :(

I would have said it was the SIM chip - except that this SIM chip works in a V3, and V3i, and a Samsung Galaxy SGH-i896 with no issues!

HELP!

lloydvh

Mar 4, 2012
Update...

OK, took the phone to a cell shop. They reflashed the phone for free (just in case). This is a Rogers phone and I was trying a t-mobile chip. The problem persisted with my chip.

The guy at the store had an active t-mobile chip which he installed, anf his worked fine! :)

I was heading to the US anyways, so I was going to go talk to T-Mobile about this. However, as soon as I crossed into the USA, the error went away! I was in the USA for 3 days, no problems at all.

As soon as I got back into Canada... the error shows up again! :confused:

Anyone got any ideas as to what is going on here??