[ROM][OFFICIAL][CyanogenMod 9][TeamChopsticks][RC2 - 7/19]

Search This thread

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
Omg can't effing wait til camera is working. Want to flash but with 2 little ones running around I have to have my cam accessible at all times. Thanks for bringing this in top and hopefully progress on the cam will come along. This is a dream come true. Been waiting for this

Saitou33

Dec 19, 2011
Can't figure out how to set voice mail provider.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium
Same here. The really interesting thing is that even when I dial my number it still gives the same silence as when calling it directly. It does not forward either, apparently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

topprospect

Nov 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
This ROM is nothing short of awesome. Aside from the graphic glitch et al, it runs like a dream. If I had any sisters, I would TOTALLY let you sleep with them. CONTACTS ARE BACK ON THE PHONE SCREEN!!!

One question: is there no option to change the touchkey light duration, or am I just having a brainfart and not seeing it?

No, there is no way to change the touchkey light duration since CM doesn't normally provide that capability. I will add it to our issue tracker as a feature request though.

Any idea what's causing the conflict with the camera not working?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

We haven't started looking at camera yet. We felt that other pieces of the system were more important. I think camera is going to be further delayed because we really want to knock out the graphics glitches and audio problems.

This is wild. Works freaking great for an alpha. Will have to deal without a camera is all. Touch keys don't vibrate like they used to. Sometimes they vibrate sometimes they don't.

Yeah, I've noticed this quirkiness. Not sure what is going on or even how it is supposed to act. I've never used CM9 before. I'll put this on the issue tracker.

I noticed the volume seems very low, even turned up all the way. Only when I play music though; the ringer is very loud.

In-call audio is also pretty low. I'll put it on the list.

Same here. The really interesting thing is that even when I dial my number it still gives the same silence as when calling it directly. It does not forward either, apparently.

Saitou: Can you describe in more detail how you expect this to work? I forwarded my # to Google Voice long ago so I haven't used voicemail or forwarding recently.

When someone figures out the whole SD card thing I'm in. I can't download any games at the moment. Awesome otherwise. Not a complaint btw more of a I'm retarded and can't figure it out

Edit: and yes I was aware before I flashed awesome rom.

What's wrong here? Internal SD is mounted at /sdcard and external SD is mounted at /sdcard/external_sd, just like TouchWiz roms. The only thing broken is USB mounting of the SD cards. Why can't you install games??

N

nrm5110

Error: can't install to SD or USB something like that it just bombs out on a lot of game dl's top I didn't mind it cuz I'm still in awe lol

Edit: top if you would like hit me up I will try and help you with this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

topprospect

Nov 28, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Error: can't install to SD or USB something like that it just bombs out on a lot of game dl's top I didn't mind it cuz I'm still in awe lol

Yes, please send me a logcat. Can you give an example of a game that fails to install so that I can try to reproduce?

N

nrm5110

Sims 3, kitten cannon lol I'll logcat a little later I'm a stay at home dad for a bit so gotta get settled down for a second haha

Edit: pm sent

Last edited:

Saitou33

Dec 19, 2011
No, there is no way to change the touchkey light duration since CM doesn't normally provide that capability. I will add it to our issue tracker as a feature request though.

We haven't started looking at camera yet. We felt that other pieces of the system were more important. I think camera is going to be further delayed because we really want to knock out the graphics glitches and audio problems.

Yeah, I've noticed this quirkiness. Not sure what is going on or even how it is supposed to act. I've never used CM9 before. I'll put this on the issue tracker.

In-call audio is also pretty low. I'll put it on the list.

Saitou: Can you describe in more detail how you expect this to work? I forwarded my # to Google Voice long ago so I haven't used voicemail or forwarding recently.

To put it simply, my phone seems to have no idea that it needs to retrieve my voicemail from ATT, or how to do it. The button on the dialer doesn't seem to work, and I can't seem to find anywhere to enter the correct settings. The play store doesn't give me the option to download ATT VVM, which further makes me think that the phone doesn't know what voicemail it needs to use. Does that make any sense?
Once I am able to get my voicemail, this is DD for sure. It's fast, its smooth, and best of all, it is completely free of all those "improvements" that Samsung and the Death Star make us put up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

diamantericos

Jan 2, 2011
Omg can't effing wait til camera is working. Want to flash but with 2 little ones running around I have to have my cam accessible at all times. Thanks for bringing this in top and hopefully progress on the cam will come along. This is a dream come true. Been waiting for this

Lol that's so true every time my 2 year old gets dressed or even randomly she says daddy photo.

quikt

May 5, 2009
Thanks very much for this :) will be flashing later tonight after work and beers.

mmessina

Jan 6, 2012
Great

Thank you so much,

Great start, Wouldn't recommend it to noobie or for daily use but soon will be.

First usable 9 that I have seen for the i727 and look forward to future releases

Saitou33

Dec 19, 2011
So I did a bit of digging on the voicemail issue, and it has something to do with how at&t forwards your calls to voicemail. I'll look into it later, since right now I am sleep deprived and my lazy hurts.

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
So I did a bit of digging on the voicemail issue, and it has something to do with how at&t forwards your calls to voicemail. I'll look into it later, since right now I am sleep deprived and my lazy hurts.

I get voicemails fine, I have a notification up right now that I have a voicemail. Problem is it keeps telling me my password is wrong and I can't check it lmao. I reset the password. No go. Gonna reset it again.

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

After pushing to system/app not only are contacts gone, but so is dialer! oops! even after fixing permissions.

Do you think you could also pull the phone/dialer.apk so I can try all three as a group?

Gimme half an our or so

Last edited:

R4INS

Jan 18, 2012
Call audio bug bit me, no in call audio now (never touched gps, did wifi off and on a few times). Thats a bummer. Kept messing with voicemail and rebooting etc and lost audio. Gotta restore back to a working phone before leaving for work. Bummmerrrr.

Also, edge, heres your Phone.apk, saw no Dialer.apk

Attachments

• Phone.apk
    2.5 MB · Views: 27
Last edited:

SeV034

Mar 13, 2012

Mine craft pocket edition does the same for me

Sent from my Samsung-I727
ROM: CM9

bon_joey

Dec 29, 2007
This is promising, right now google play gives error when downloading.

sgh-i717r and note mini me

theHOTNESS

Feb 9, 2012
Philadelphia
camera...

well to start off on the camera adventure...

we seem to be missing camera.msm8660.so in system/lib/hw
(even though somehow we have goldfish haha)

Code:
I/CameraService(  160): CameraService started (pid=160)
E/HAL     (  160): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.msm8660.so
E/HAL     (  160): Cannot load library: link_image[1965]:   160 could not load needed library 'libs3cjpeg.so' for 'camera.msm8660.so' (load_library[1120]: Library 'libs3cjpeg.so' not found)
E/CameraService(  160): Could not load camera HAL module

put that in there with a required lib "libs3cjpeg.so" copied from leak and we get

Code:
I/CameraService(  160): CameraService started (pid=160)
E/HAL     (  160): load: module=/system/lib/hw/camera.msm8660.so
E/HAL     (  160): Cannot load library: reloc_library[1314]:   160 cannot locate '_ZN7android16CameraParameters7KEY_WDRE'...
E/CameraService(  160): Could not load camera HAL module

which is broken by far but better than
Code:
I/CameraService(  161): CameraService started (pid=161)
E/CameraService(  161): Could not load camera HAL module

oh and i think we might need qcoms camera-daemon "mm-qcamera-daemon" in system/bin
which then requires "liboemcamera.so"
(its in the leak and in the fresh CAF source)

also i noticed its trying to load an htc audio lib
Code:
D/AudioHardwareMSM8660(  161): Could not open libhtc_acoustic.so

im guessing because its 8660 common

Last edited:

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
I know I was gonna wait til the camera was working but I couldn't resist. Other than the cam n missing some haptic here n there......3 words....a-maze-ing. Thanks for this. Love it. Fast smooth for the most part and doesn't seem to eat up a lot of CPU ram like the other rom nice work top. Keep it coming. Can't wait for next update!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

This version is a release candidate, so some issues still exist. Please make sure you have a backup that you can restore if you run into problems.
    Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at any of us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     * Collectively, and at the same time.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

IRC SUPPORT:
    Join us in #teamchopsticks on Freenode IRC network.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9 your device, or coming from another ROM?
    1. Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.
    2. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    3. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    4. Perform a factory reset.
    5. Flash CyanogenMod.
    6. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?
    1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).
    Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.
    Download Links:

Please see our blog at http://www.teamchopsticks.org for installation, download links and release notes.

The CyanogenMod team and TeamChopsticks would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Good news:

The CyanogenMod team committed the lockscreen shortcuts and themes chooser features to the mainline. They are pretty cool, although a little rough around the edges. Our next release will include these.

When is the next release? Not sure yet. Still working on the major bugs.
    This is my build, i do not take responsibility for any bricks or issues. It flashed fine for me.
    Top if you want this file removed tell me and i will take it down.

Yes im part of team wafflehouse if you see it in the download link, but this is all teamchopsticks work.

This is PRE alpha3. NOT an official release, expect it to not have ALL the alpha3 fixes.

http://d-h.st/h0w