What the hell is wrong with people?

Search This thread

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
Here's an update for you guys :

I went back to the showcase and spoke to another manager. She was awesome and did everything in her power to help. First she walked over with me to a repair shop, they said it couldn't be fixed.

Afterwards she called her direct manager and explained the situation. They said they would replace it without any questions. I'm supposed to email her and her manager the whole situation and I should be good to go. I'm not sure if they're going to take my old phone and give me a new one or just ship out a second one. Hopefully the latter, my fiancée is jealous of my phone lol.

Side note: The manager, she was pretty hot. Just sayin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Reactions: Cab121

g2tegg

May 12, 2011
The Hammer

I went back to the showcase and spoke to another manager. She was awesome and did everything in her power to help. First she walked over with me to a repair shop, they said it couldn't be fixed.

Afterwards she called her direct manager and explained the situation. They said they would replace it without any questions. I'm supposed to email her and her manager the whole situation and I should be good to go. I'm not sure if they're going to take my old phone and give me a new one or just ship out a second one. Hopefully the latter, my fiancée is jealous of my phone lol.

Haha awesome! Glad to see you got that resolved!

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Cab121

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
Well, hopefully. I'm still waiting on them to get in touch with me. There's always the chance that they'll escalate it and attempt to ignore the whole process. I'm hoping I get something tomorrow morning.

crawlgsx

Jun 21, 2007
Maine, USA
Ask him if you could see his phone. Test out how well it will handle a 50 foot throw across the store. Then walk away. Done..
Seriously though, I'd be pissed. Id say 90 percent of the people that work in stores like that don't know anything about the products they are even selling. That's why I hate going there. They talk to you like your a child, meanwhile I know more about the stuff that they make a living selling. Blows my mind.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

I am fortunate that I have 2 AT&T stores near me with fairly good AT&T reps. They all actually have intellegence and many of them are phone junkies, not to mention they don't act like corporate drones but people that understand people. I've still met plenty of awful ones of course but I do feel fortunate knowing I have 2 different stores I can go to where I know the reps won't treat me like another average dumb sale.

Bajanman

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 17, 2009
Los Angeles Ca.

Glad you got it taken care of.. Good for you.:D

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
I just got a call from AT&T after filling out a survey....NOW they said they would replace it.

I had to tell them no because the Samsung guys are taking care of it, but I did get a $25 credit out of it...lol.

xfaega

Jan 8, 2007
Updated my post. Glad you where able to get your phone fixed - replace. There are good people out there just have to find the right one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

LittleRedDot

Jan 5, 2012
Updated my post. Glad you where able to get your phone fixed - replace. There are good people out there just have to find the right one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

I'm glad you got your phone fixed, but I agree with the poster who suggested that you throw the guys phone across the room. I have to confess that I would have done the same thing to this guys device, see how he likes it when you pull off his back cover and pour water or your favorite soda, coffee etc on the open phone. Then I would call mall security and accuse the guy in front of everyone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

nivek_k2020

Mar 19, 2011
Vaughan
Glad to hear you got it resolved. I never take chances and always put a screen protector on my phone. One dollar is a small price to pay to protect your screen. Its like driving without insurance, I don't plan on getting into an accident but you never know what might happen down the road.

Glad to hear you got it resolved. I never take chances and always put a screen protector on my phone. One dollar is a small price to pay to protect your screen. Its like driving without insurance, I don't plan on getting into an accident but you never know what might happen down the road.

Usually I use screen protector on phone. But on note 2 ...nah... My s-pen isn't working as good after screen protector. I tried three different ones. May be you can suggest if you found a good one.

Thanks

outlaw2112

Apr 4, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
Usually I use screen protector on phone. But on note 2 ...nah... My s-pen isn't working as good after screen protector. I tried three different ones. May be you can suggest if you found a good one.

Thanks

have u tried adjusting the s-pen sensitivity u can remove button and turn counterclockwise to increase and clockwise to decrease after u put screen protector on

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
I bought the iSmooth protectors, they came in yesterday from Amazon Prime.

So far, the company (Javelin Inc) has called me asking for an address, so they're going to ship one out via Fedex (or might have already last night).

I'm supposed to just send mine back after a factory reset, but I'm guessing I should run Triangle Away as well as a full unroot just to be safe.

These protectors do feel smooth. I haven't installed one yet because a new phone is coming. Are they reusable? If so, I can install one today and just transfer them over.

I can't say much about S-Pen sensitivity though, but I hope it remains the same. I'm a graphic designer and I often sketch on my GN2 before switching over the illustrator and photoshop.

djben75

Nov 27, 2010
San Antonio, Texas

Thanks

Glad u got it taken care of! I would suggest Just Like glass
Not only is it a great product, but the owner is active here & is VERY responsive to questions or issues!

silentecho13

May 5, 2011
The replacement is in, overnighted from California!

Brand new, no creaks, no noises.

MFZ22

Dec 31, 2010
Did he have little tungsten shards on the table while he was doing that? I wasn't able to scratch my screen with a dinner fork.

Get your screen wet and scrub it real good, you might just have residue from whatever was on the table on there.

LOL, seriously, that should not have scratched his screen. They're not that delicate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ask him if you could see his phone. Test out how well it will handle a 50 foot throw across the store. Then walk away. Done..
    Seriously though, I'd be pissed. Id say 90 percent of the people that work in stores like that don't know anything about the products they are even selling. That's why I hate going there. They talk to you like your a child, meanwhile I know more about the stuff that they make a living selling. Blows my mind.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
    I took my phone to an official samsung showcase booth (literally a huge one) at the mall today. I asked a guy if his note 2 creaks because mine does very much. He took off the back cover and put it face down on the table, reapplied the back cover by pressing it on the table and slid the phone around in the process, and gave me back a screen full of scratches. He said "Nah, that wasn't me. The phone has gorilla glass." and walked away.

I call AT&T to attempt a warranty replacement because of poor build quality. They tell me that it's a sign of physical damage and I no longer have any warranty at all because of it.

So now I have a scratched note 2 that was once spotless and a crappy carrier that won't replace it because of Samsung's poor quality control.

Fml.

SHould have stopped the guy and said, "hey wait, dont do it that way." I mean, I would have.
    I took my phone to an official samsung showcase booth (literally a huge one) at the mall today. I asked a guy if his note 2 creaks because mine does very much. He took off the back cover and put it face down on the table, reapplied the back cover by pressing it on the table and slid the phone around in the process, and gave me back a screen full of scratches. He said "Nah, that wasn't me. The phone has gorilla glass." and walked away.

I call AT&T to attempt a warranty replacement because of poor build quality. They tell me that it's a sign of physical damage and I no longer have any warranty at all because of it.

So now I have a scratched note 2 that was once spotless and a crappy carrier that won't replace it because of Samsung's poor quality control.

Fml.

Did he have little tungsten shards on the table while he was doing that? I wasn't able to scratch my screen with a dinner fork.

Get your screen wet and scrub it real good, you might just have residue from whatever was on the table on there.
    My question is who doesn't put a screen protector on there phone when they get it?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda premium