Mpow FreeGo Wireless Bluetooth 4.0 Headset Review + Pics

Search This thread

krash183

Sep 4, 2008
Mpow FreeGo

Over the course of the years I’ve tried many, many Bluetooth headsets and VERY few lasted more than a few days of use. A lot had poor performance, extremely uncomfortable or both.
I travel a lot and sometimes it’s just cumbersome having to hold the phone when talking and trying to multitask. So I gave the FreeGO a try and I’m glad I did.

Performance/Build Quality

When first looking at the unit; I was worried it was going to be too heavy with the size but I was pleasantly surprised when picking it up. It’s a lot lighter than I expected. Even though it was light weight it didn’t feel cheap in the slightly. Nothing flexed, or creaked to the point where I was worried about it falling apart.

The unit itself has a two toned looked to it. A shiny glossy part and matte soft rubber part. The soft rubber part is what actually is in contact with your ear. This makes it extremely comfortable to wear. So comfortable that I’d forget I had it on to be honest. The silicone ear tip that creates a “seal” for sound doesn’t really create a seal as the tip is oddly “flat” shaped. It’s not like the tips on earphones/earbuds where you would jam them in your ear canal. It simply hovers over the opening. This worried me at first that calls or sounds would be difficult to hear. Once again it surprised me. Calls still came in crystal clear, music sounded good and never missed a notification sound. I think the odd shape and not shoving them in the ear canal is what makes the headset so comfortable.

Can be used on either ear. The earpiece has a 180 Degree Flip-boom arm for both left or right ear. Which is really convenient depending which ear you want to use it on.

The unit has 3 buttons: Volume up, volume down and answer call. All were easy to access when worn and always responsive. Pairing it to my phone or tablet was a cinch and took no longer than 2 minutes for initial pairing and subsequent pairings took seconds.
Sound quality was just amazing. Never did I feel like it wasn’t clear. The mic also performed superbly. The person on the line never had a problem hearing me or asked me to speak louder. What else can you ask for?

Last; it stayed in place. I’m sure everyone had that headset that was just impossible to keep in place and you ended adjusting it all the time. Not this one; I had it on the ENTIRE day and not once did I have to adjust it.

Packaging

It comes in a simple box. Has 3 different ear tips, a small faux leather pouch and a micro usb cable (flat cable which is a nice touch). The micro usb cable is of decent quality which is a plus in my book. It did not come with a wall plug though. So either use your phones or plug it into your computer to charge it.

Conclusion

It’s a no brainer for me if you’re looking for a great value Bluetooth headset. Good performance, good price and comfortable. I’d recommend it to anyone.

Attachments

• P1050077.jpg
    P1050077.jpg
    243.7 KB · Views: 508
  • P1050078.jpg
    P1050078.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 467
  • P1050079.jpg
    P1050079.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 531
Reactions: loudawg11

ampm325

Nov 16, 2011
Dallas
Nice review, but what do you use this for?

I have a pair of wireless Jaybird bluebuds I wear for running/working out, and flip them over for conference calls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

MICa.fighter

Jul 22, 2011
Debrecen
Nice review, but what do you use this for?

I have a pair of wireless Jaybird bluebuds I wear for running/working out, and flip them over for conference calls.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

I got the jaybird freedom, it wasn't cheap, but it was worth the price. The fit is good, sound is good too, battery lasts long, and sweatproof. Perfect for workout.

Only letdown that it is not good for phonecalls, they said my voice was very quiet when I used the jaybird freedom for phonecalls.

Im looking to buy a bluetooth headset for phonecalls, hope Mpow FreeGo will be good. Though i have the experience, when I am in a noisy enviroment, if I use a one-ear headset, I can't hear the other person on the phone. Not because the headset is not good, but because my other ear is exosed to the noisy enviroment. I guess that wouldn't be a problem for a 2-ear headset.

Last edited:

currsuc

May 25, 2015
Good review, but i don't think it is worth buying, because the design and the specifications, the tronfy iwork mini 4.0 is better than this one, only $16.99, but longer battery life and more different earbuds.
Also has 15% Coupon now: GBJC7XNK

loudawg11

Mar 8, 2010
Cincy
I own the Mpow also. Funny I thought I had lost my Mpow and pulled out 3 of older brands I've tried but didnt like. After a week with the older one, I quickly ordered 2 new Mpow's then found the missing Mpow in the trunk of my car LOL. I'm a big fan of the Mpow FreeGo

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mpow FreeGo

Over the course of the years I’ve tried many, many Bluetooth headsets and VERY few lasted more than a few days of use. A lot had poor performance, extremely uncomfortable or both.
    I travel a lot and sometimes it’s just cumbersome having to hold the phone when talking and trying to multitask. So I gave the FreeGO a try and I’m glad I did.

Performance/Build Quality

When first looking at the unit; I was worried it was going to be too heavy with the size but I was pleasantly surprised when picking it up. It’s a lot lighter than I expected. Even though it was light weight it didn’t feel cheap in the slightly. Nothing flexed, or creaked to the point where I was worried about it falling apart.

The unit itself has a two toned looked to it. A shiny glossy part and matte soft rubber part. The soft rubber part is what actually is in contact with your ear. This makes it extremely comfortable to wear. So comfortable that I’d forget I had it on to be honest. The silicone ear tip that creates a “seal” for sound doesn’t really create a seal as the tip is oddly “flat” shaped. It’s not like the tips on earphones/earbuds where you would jam them in your ear canal. It simply hovers over the opening. This worried me at first that calls or sounds would be difficult to hear. Once again it surprised me. Calls still came in crystal clear, music sounded good and never missed a notification sound. I think the odd shape and not shoving them in the ear canal is what makes the headset so comfortable.

Can be used on either ear. The earpiece has a 180 Degree Flip-boom arm for both left or right ear. Which is really convenient depending which ear you want to use it on.

The unit has 3 buttons: Volume up, volume down and answer call. All were easy to access when worn and always responsive. Pairing it to my phone or tablet was a cinch and took no longer than 2 minutes for initial pairing and subsequent pairings took seconds.
    Sound quality was just amazing. Never did I feel like it wasn’t clear. The mic also performed superbly. The person on the line never had a problem hearing me or asked me to speak louder. What else can you ask for?

Last; it stayed in place. I’m sure everyone had that headset that was just impossible to keep in place and you ended adjusting it all the time. Not this one; I had it on the ENTIRE day and not once did I have to adjust it.

Packaging

It comes in a simple box. Has 3 different ear tips, a small faux leather pouch and a micro usb cable (flat cable which is a nice touch). The micro usb cable is of decent quality which is a plus in my book. It did not come with a wall plug though. So either use your phones or plug it into your computer to charge it.

Conclusion

It’s a no brainer for me if you’re looking for a great value Bluetooth headset. Good performance, good price and comfortable. I’d recommend it to anyone.