[MOD][VZW Edition] Add Wifi toggle to your status bar + more custom status bars LJB

Search This thread

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
Another easy mod for you guys.

This is only for Verizon Stock with root injected

Build: JRO03C.I605VRALJB

Steps:
1) Please mount your system as read/write, extract the files in the attached zip file, and copy:

SystemUI.apk to /system/app

Make sure you are actually replacing the old file and not renaming it

2) Then reboot.

I included the original SystemUI.apk in the zip as a backup just in case.

Screenshot_2012-12-04-22-57-26.png

Other Customized Versions:

• Wi-Fi toggle, removed eGPS icon, and removed alarm icon
    From sleevasteve - here is a dropbox link. Includes Wi-Fi toggle, removed eGPS icon, and removed alarm icon(will be a blank spot visible if you have silent/vibrate on, as well as an alarm enabled).
    http://db.tt/V2x3A6SN

• Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar
    see attachment
    black_bar.png

• Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar, stripped version
    From sleevasteve - Here is a stripped version of the SystemUI.apk. Includes: Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar. Removed Icons: eGPS, Alarm, Battery, Bluetooth, Silent and Vibrate. I removed the battery icon, but you can enable battery % under display. And removing the Bluetooth, silent and vibrate indicators not only cleaned it up, but now you don't see a gap where the alarm icon was, when going into those modes. Tried to get rid of the ime indicator/switcher, but there must be another one hiding in there somewhere.

http://db.tt/4h4dDk5V
    ***Be sure to REMOVE the word "Stripped" from the file name, before pushing to system/app! The file name should just read: SystemUI.apk (sorry for the inconvenience, had to differentiate them on my phone, and on dropbox)

• Black Status Bar, Wifi Toggle and eGPS(removed)
    from *madmoose* - Black Status Bar, Wifi Toggle and eGPS(removed)
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35076382&postcount=34

Attachments

• SystemUI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 1,349
  • SystemUI_black.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 705
Last edited:

mwshows

Jan 23, 2011
Works perfect thanks!

BTW in the Note 2 general forum, someone else is modifying system ui to take out the eGPS icon and battery icon. Would be cool to see you guys combine these so we can have both :)

Many many thanks to you my friend!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
I've also been tinkering with a white status bar. I kinda like it. Goes with my white phone :)

Screenshot_2012-12-05-01-17-42.png

Last edited:

swgamez

Jan 18, 2010
hairdewx, first thank you for your work and now I would like to know if you could make SystemUI with a black background on the top, if possible.
Thank you again for your hard work

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
hairdewx, first thank you for your work and now I would like to know if you could make SystemUI with a black background on the top, if possible.
Thank you again for your hard work

The systemui apk in the first post has a black background. Sorry to mislead anyone with my post about a white bar :)

FMXP

Jul 30, 2007
Now we just need to nuke that Ongoing WiFi nag and we're good to go!

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
thanks for your work...one suggestion tho. put [mod] in place of [root] in the thread titles, then put a disclaimer in the op root required. thx!

toprunner2786

Feb 28, 2011
Thanks it worked for me as well....not sure if this happened to everyone, but the phone locked up right after i replaced the apk file. A battery pull and reboot and everything is well and good. I would assume this is normal behavior since the actual touchwiz UI was replaced while it was running. Just to warn anyone who might freak out when things go wonky.

sleevasteve

Mar 21, 2012
Works perfect thanks!

BTW in the Note 2 general forum, someone else is modifying system ui to take out the eGPS icon and battery icon. Would be cool to see you guys combine these so we can have both :)

Many many thanks to you my friend!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the mod! Now if only we could get rid of that nag in the notification drawer.

I might have been the one you were talking about that was discussing removing the eGPS icon, and I was also able to remove the alarm icon using the same methods. I downloaded hairdewx's zip (with the added Wi-Fi toggle) and removed the alarm and eGPS icon from it for my own personal use, but I'd be happy to post the systemUI with combined mods if anyone wants it(and if I get permission from OP). I just don't want to step on anyone's toes, I'm far from a developer.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda premium

kimdoocheol

Jan 9, 2012
Thanks it worked for me as well....not sure if this happened to everyone, but the phone locked up right after i replaced the apk file. A battery pull and reboot and everything is well and good. I would assume this is normal behavior since the actual touchwiz UI was replaced while it was running. Just to warn anyone who might freak out when things go wonky.

You using ADB or root explorer? I replaced the file and the phone locked up, give it a minute and it will respond. I don't like pulling the battery unless absolutely necessary.

BTW, any chance of removing the stupid ongoing Wi-Fi off notification, or am I missing a setting here to toggle this?

hairdewx

Feb 28, 2009
Thanks for the mod! Now if only we could get rid of that nag in the notification drawer.

I might have been the one you were talking about that was discussing removing the eGPS icon, and I was also able to remove the alarm icon using the same methods. I downloaded hairdewx's zip (with the added Wi-Fi toggle) and removed the alarm and eGPS icon from it for my own personal use, but I'd be happy to post the systemUI with combined mods if anyone wants it(and if I get permission from OP). I just don't want to step on anyone's toes, I'm far from a developer.

Sure post a like and I'll add it to the first post :)

Reactions: jrollette

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another easy mod for you guys.

This is only for Verizon Stock with root injected

Build: JRO03C.I605VRALJB

Steps:
    1) Please mount your system as read/write, extract the files in the attached zip file, and copy:

SystemUI.apk to /system/app

Make sure you are actually replacing the old file and not renaming it

2) Then reboot.

I included the original SystemUI.apk in the zip as a backup just in case.

Screenshot_2012-12-04-22-57-26.png

Other Customized Versions:

• Wi-Fi toggle, removed eGPS icon, and removed alarm icon
      From sleevasteve - here is a dropbox link. Includes Wi-Fi toggle, removed eGPS icon, and removed alarm icon(will be a blank spot visible if you have silent/vibrate on, as well as an alarm enabled).
      http://db.tt/V2x3A6SN

• Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar
      see attachment
      black_bar.png

• Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar, stripped version
      From sleevasteve - Here is a stripped version of the SystemUI.apk. Includes: Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar. Removed Icons: eGPS, Alarm, Battery, Bluetooth, Silent and Vibrate. I removed the battery icon, but you can enable battery % under display. And removing the Bluetooth, silent and vibrate indicators not only cleaned it up, but now you don't see a gap where the alarm icon was, when going into those modes. Tried to get rid of the ime indicator/switcher, but there must be another one hiding in there somewhere.

***Be sure to REMOVE the word "Stripped" from the file name, before pushing to system/app! The file name should just read: SystemUI.apk (sorry for the inconvenience, had to differentiate them on my phone, and on dropbox)

• Black Status Bar, Wifi Toggle and eGPS(removed)
      from *madmoose* - Black Status Bar, Wifi Toggle and eGPS(removed)
      http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=35076382&postcount=34
    Here's my file. It will give you Black Status Bar, Wifi Toggle and eGPS(removed)

Can't really help you with the battery.
    Here is a stripped version of the SystemUI.apk. Includes: Wi-Fi toggle, black status bar. Removed Icons: eGPS, Alarm, Battery, Bluetooth, Silent and Vibrate. I removed the battery icon, but you can enable battery % under display. And removing the Bluetooth, silent and vibrate indicators not only cleaned it up, but now you don't see a gap where the alarm icon was, when going into those modes. Tried to get rid of the ime indicator/switcher, but there must be another one hiding in there somewhere.

I decompile and compile a SystemUI from beanstown106 stock Deodexed and added Wifi toggle and black status bar with no eGPS icon
    if Anybody want to try it let me know.