OTA (Harman) 1.54.654.13 just came in on my phone

Search This thread

schmeggy929

Recognized Themer
Apr 13, 2008
New Jersey
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I have read 4 articles and 3 said there's a hardware difference for the sound improvement that is only possible to get if you buy that model but also some software extras that the original should get via OTA. Let me see if I have the links handy...

http://www.mobileburn.com/22793/new...n-edition-for-sprint-hands-on-and-impressions

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-One-M8-Harman-Kardon-Edition-hands-on_id55655

http://www.phonedog.com/2014/04/29/...rman-kardon-edition-partnership-with-spotify/

Sent from my HTC One using Xparent Gray Tapatalk 2

I don't think you even read these articles, because none of them mention any hardware changes, upgrades or enhancements other than the in-ear headphones.

Reactions: skizzled

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
It sure would have been nice to have the option to buy this model when making my m8 purchase

Sent from my 831C using XDA Free mobile app

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
Pretty it's confirmed multiple sources by now we're good as far as speaker/amp hardware go. Now to flash the software....

~Jflteusc on OctOS
KToonsez Kernel
1.998 Max ¦ 189 Min ¦ 702 Screen Off
Ktoonsified v5 Setup

tuscani1821

Apr 9, 2009
Austin TX
Lol showed up in my BlinkFeed

Hack Enables Harman/Kardon Software...tc-one-m8-handsets/?utm_source=mobilerepublic

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk 2

sikclown

Nov 12, 2007
New Orleans
This seems to be the stance of Sprint on the Regular M8. I pulled this from Sprint's forums:

"I just received some more specific details about the Harman Kardon edition HTC One M8.

The Clari-Fi and LiveStage software does not exist in the original M8 ROM.
There is no MR coming for the original M8 (at least not at this time that we know of) to add HK features to the original M8. Because...
The speakers are NOT the same on the original M8 as the HK M8. Harman engineers spent time with the device and hardware during production. The Harman-Kardon website specifically mentions the speakers as Harman tuned on the M8 HK.

I hope this helps answer your questions about the HTC One (M8) devices.

sprintemployee"

Last edited:

sgt. slaughter

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 12, 2010
Raleigh
This seems to be the stance of Sprint in the Regular M8. I pulled this from Sprint's forums:

"I just received some more specific details about the Harman Kardon edition HTC One M8.

The Clari-Fi and LiveStage software does not exist in the original M8 ROM.
There is no MR coming for the original M8 (at least not at this time that we know of) to add HK features to the original M8. Because...
The speakers are NOT the same on the original M8 as the HK M8. Harman engineers spent time with the device and hardware during production. The Harman-Kardon website specifically mentions the speakers as Harman tuned on the M8 HK.

I hope this helps answer your questions about the HTC One (M8) devices.

sprintemployee"

Lies lies lies.....all lies.

First rule....don't believe Sprint employees 99.9% time.... That's likely some PR stint to push back on customers complaining which is smart as 99% of customers won't of listened to Jason Dunn saying they were identical...

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Reactions: sslbaron

sslbaron

Nov 18, 2010
Powder Springs, GA
Well my original M8 sounds awesome with the h/k software installed. In my opinion, we have the hardware already.
We will need someone to compare the two phones side by side for the real answer. ?

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

skizzled

Jun 17, 2007
Well my original M8 sounds awesome with the h/k software installed. In my opinion, we have the hardware already.
We will need someone to compare the two phones side by side for the real answer. ?
Even better would be a tear-down of both editions.

Just simply listening for differences might not be enough as there could be manufacturing oddities. Similar to how the same phone produced in different factories have different LCDs.

Anyone want to tear a few of these bad boys down? :silly:

zach832

Sep 22, 2013
No.

I ran the RUU first, which wipes internal and installs stock recovery. Then I booted into stock recovery and installed the OTA file that I downloaded from this thread. It went quite smoothly.

Is there a way to get a working stock recovery without flashing the RUU? I tried flashing multiple recoveries, but I guess there is a specific harman one because I couldnt boot into any of the files I found

AarSyl

Even better would be a tear-down of both editions.

Just simply listening for differences might not be enough as there could be manufacturing oddities. Similar to how the same phone produced in different factories have different LCDs.

Anyone want to tear a few of these bad boys down? :silly:
Or compare the your M8 with the opposite version in a Sprint store. Of course, an early visit will be the best, since you will have the least audible interference.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

sailio

Jul 25, 2010
I have the h/k and twrp 2.7.0.0 works for me 100%

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts