[ROM] CyanogenMod 11.0 | Android 4.4.4 KitKat (KLTE - UNIFIED) | [2014-08-31]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

albinoman887

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA
Sounds like a good idea @albinoman887 I leave the unified device tree and concentrate instead on G900F

ok but to clear its not "unified" the way ethan decided to do it is the same hes doing with hlte. split all the gsm to ONE build and then all the cdma to their owns til they get close enough then merge them into a CDMA build but SPR will always have to be its own build due to NFC. BUT its a small ass hack to make the GSM build work on CDMA for testing purposes.... just no NFC for spr users )when its fixed) and other odd issues could crop up. at that point it would split it into its own build....

anyways build is downloading from my server cuz im out of down.... SHOULD be done soon but you know murphys law

elelinux

Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
ok but to clear its not "unified" the way ethan decided to do it is the same hes doing with hlte. split all the gsm to ONE build and then all the cdma to their owns til they get close enough then merge them into a CDMA build but SPR will always have to be its own build due to NFC. BUT its a small ass hack to make the GSM build work on CDMA for testing purposes.... just no NFC for spr users )when its fixed) and other odd issues could crop up. at that point it would split it into its own build....

anyways build is downloading from my server cuz im out of down.... SHOULD be done soon but you know murphys law

yeah I know, but I disagree, I think it's better how they did with jflte and I have no problem with how he wants to put it up but I choose to build my way to get a good rom to my phone.

Reactions: sualpine

albinoman887

Dec 14, 2010
Snohomish, WA

maikinho10

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 5, 2011
BVB 09 :)
yeah I know, but I disagree, I think it's better how they did with jflte and I have no problem with how he wants to put it up but I choose to build my way to get a good rom to my phone.

ok just making sure we were on the same page.

anyways i put a thread up. heres the build guys

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s5/unified-development/rom-cyanogenmod-11-0-android-4-4-4-t2864288

check 2nd post for download link and changelog

OK good work my friends but then please close this Thread. @malybru

Greets Maik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod 11 - Android 4.4 - KitKat

brand_reveal_1.jpg

This is an UNOFFICIAL build of CM11 for klte-unified device and by NO means this is my ROM. I am just compiling from
    CM Source and 100% credits goes to TeamDouche, and all other coders who contributed to CyanogenMod.

Code:
    [B]For which devices, should work with all klte versions that are qualcomm[/B]

[B]Included in the build [/B]
    kltexx,kltelra,kltespr,kltetmo,kltecan,klteatt,kltevzw,klteusc,kltedv,klteub,klteacg,kltedcm,klte

Code:
    [B]IMPORTANT[/B]

* Do NOT expect daily builds. I'll build when I'm free.
    * Do NOT ask for support in this thread.
    * Do NOT use this unofficial build and ask for support at the official threads.
    * Do NOT be rude.
    * Respect all users
    * If u see a NOOB question and u don't feel like replying, DON'T, just ignore that post. If u do reply, good for u.....and be nice in your reply.

I personally am not fond of these kinds of threads, I have received many questions and requests to start a topic and have chosen to open this thread now, I see the possibility that we can bring up this device together by getting input from you guys.

ISSUES

* Camera
    * NFC (It was working but it was too unstable, I have to found a another solution)
    * GPS (here in the first build I have reverted back to open source and it feels more stable but not 100% yet)
    * Headphones, all sound through speaker

INSTALLATION

* Do NOT use superwipes
    * Wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache
    ** (if you are simply applying an update to this rom base this might not always be required)
    *** ((but do not report bugs if you didn't full wipe))
    * Flash ROM
    * Flash GAPPS
    * Reboot

CONTRIBUTORS

* Garwynn XDA
    * Tom Marshal (tdm)
    * albinoman887
    * Ethen Chen (intervigilium)
    * Cyanogen Inc & Team-Kang
    * Esa Laukkanen aka elelinux (myself)

DOWNLOAD LINK + CHANGELOG in 2nd post

DISCLAIMER - I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR DEVICE BY USING THIS ROM, YOU FLASH THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 11 - Android 4.4 - KitKat, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S 5

Contributors
    elelinux
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat

Version Information

Created 2014-08-17
    Last Updated 2014-08-31

CHANGELOG

Code:
    [B]2014-08-31[/B]
    * all the latest changes upstreams
    * some minor audio fixes " rebase to albinman"
    * gps fixes "rebase to cm klte-common"
    * this is probably the last rom from me, for klte unified device soon there will be nightlys from CM and pointless that I build a similar,  I will only build for kltexx "G900F"

[B]2014-08-25[/B]
    * kernels updates
     - battrey drain fixes
     - audio fixes
     - security updates patch for this http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-4943
    * GPS fixes
    * Minor clean up in vendor blobs
    * Add more missing permissions
    * Audio updates
    * Removed custom bootanimation, using CM stock now

[B]left to do[/B]
    * NFC
    * Touch screen fix

[B]2014-08-23[/B]
    * minor audio fixes, forked from albinoman
    * I've added the ability to enable the on-screen nav bar

[B]2014-08-22[/B]
    * fix for audio volume levels
    * minor kernel updates
    * art should work now, although I do not understand why people want to use it
    * added more missing permissions/services

[B]2014-08-21[/B]
    * some changes for the camera in this build I don´t use camera wrapper anymore
    * test for the GPS I think it should be ok for all now
    * minor audio fixes
    * added a little guide in the bottom in this post HOWTO set up default key layout

[B]2014-08-19[/B]
    * added support for smartcover, it's not merged yet by CM but i added it anyway as a test
    * lot of permission fixes
    * more GPS fixes
    * and belive it or not the CAMERA is working :)

[B]2014-08-17[/B]

* initial upload
    * added missing audio firmware for t-mob + spr
    * GPS I've done some improvements and it feels more stable but not 100% yet

DOWNLOAD

* ROM -> cm-11-20140831-UNOFFICIAL-KLTE

* GAPPS -> DOWNLOAD

SOURCE

CyanogenMod Github: https://github.com/CyanogenMod
    Elelinux Github: https://github.com/elelinux

Keylayout

How to get the default settings

Go to settings/buttons

use these settings

http://s27.postimg.org/74ueqrrc3/image.png

Custom Bootanimation

This is the boot animation which was included in previous versions

Here if anyone want the source code for it https://github.com/elelinux/Elelinux-Bootanimation

Boot Animation Theme -> Elelinux-Bootanimation

screenshot

It was a major breakthrough to get the camera up and running, now we can start working on all the little things adjustments and so on. The funny thing is that I actually solved the camera a month ago, but not until yesterday I realized what was missing and it was just permissions in several places but what does it now, everyone is happy and we are approaching a release from CM soon, well back to work again. :)
    The rom is udated, please read the changelog

BTW: the first picture taken with SGS5 CM 11.0 :)

http://s7.postimg.org/xu6lygq8b/IMG_20140819_234626.jpg
    @albinoman887 this means that you guys will stop building roms and let cm have all the fun? I hope you guys are going to continue updating the rom

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_device_samsung_klte-common/commits/cm-11.0

lol i think we are still contributing :)

elelinux is traveling for work I think. me and ethan have been busy getting the offical cm device tree up to spec with unoffical but cleaner and a few addition fixes. CM has desided to split up the builds between a GSM unified build and then a seperate build for sprint, vzw and usc. honestly the only differences from the gsm and cdma is the two libril files and sprint uses a different NFC chipset. but its up to them. What I have done with my unoffical builds is simply allow all devices to flash it and have it (like in unified builds) copy the correct ril to device based on bootloader during install. what this means is when i post my unofficial builds. anyone can flash them. and they should work. but only GSM would be "officially" supported. bottom line. I dont have the pc power to build two sep. builds for two different files.... So ya thats explains that lol

the cm device trees are starting to shape up. pretty much the only fixes that i have that arent merged are the following:

* for some reason, on the GSM variants you have to use the SPRINT (YES SPRINT) version of libloc_api_v02.so or you get a bootloop. In elelinux builds we were using the HLTE (Note 3) lib. so its better then that haha. I even tried the TMO lib since i'm on TMO and no difference.
    * libqmiservices.so had to be swapped to the TMO variant to fix radio. SPR also worked so i'm sure the TMO one will work for all. I just kept TMO since its closer to G990F which is what all the libs are from
    * liblbs_core.so had to be swapped with the SPRINT version to fix gps. TMO didnt work.
    * And the last, the one intervirgilum does not want to merge because its a hack and wants to track it down, swapped gsm librils with those from HLTE to fix hangs at ending call and no caller id

As you can see there are a few issues with the vendor libs. Don't ask why these work as I do not know. I talked to intervirgilum about it and i "think" the first 3 are deemed "fixes" and will most likely be merged in due time but the last one, the ril one. he doesnt want to merge because its a "hack" it still works 100% (its what we have been doing in elelinux build all along to get gsm working correctly) but its still not correct and there "should" be a better way to fix it.

For reasons like that official nightlies are still somewhat far off. a week maybe? but i have no idea. the source is getting brought up.

I'm compiling one last build with all clean commits etc so I know i got things in order. if all goes well it should be done in an hour and i can post it. I'm pretty sure speaker phone is fixed. I could hear myself on the other end at least 4 ft away not EXTREMELY loud but I think its at its normal volume now

the recents button is well, recents now. I dont know which way you guys liked it. but thats the way its gonna be i guess lol. If you want to switch it to menu go into settings like explained in the op. I switch it to menu and then Gnow on long press since long pressing home already brings up recents

anyways i should be back soon :)