4.06.605.3 update is hitting phones as we type!

Search This thread

silverxbv2

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 28, 2010
This is confusing me a bit. Why would this only be a patch from .2 to .3 if the original ota was pulled? There must be a complete froyo to gingerbread update out there somewhere.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

ToyTank

Jul 13, 2010
Kalispell,MT
Hey guys...Be careful making your nandroids public. I would do a FACTORY RESET/WIPE First if you are going to post it for god and everybody.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Ok guys sorry it took so long but here it is. I made a zip of the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img. These were made after a fresh install and a factory data reset. The only thing done to it is i have obviously installed cwm 5 and also the superuser binary. I hope some devs can do some good with it and get it deodexed and made flashable for all of us GB lovers.

Download system.yaffs2.img and boot.img pulled from a full nandroid

Here is a screen shot of the software information page.

20110903012301.png

Last edited:

DEATHCROWDER

Aug 14, 2011
Does the phone need to be activated to get the ota? I have my dinc. Use it every day, still logged in to my gmail account. My kids still download games from the market and use as a music player. Just not activated for phone use. I flashed a froyo rom today to see if ota pops up but nothing yet.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
Does the phone need to be activated to get the ota? I have my dinc. Use it every day, still logged in to my gmail account. My kids still download games from the market and use as a music player. Just not activated for phone use. I flashed a froyo rom today to see if ota pops up but nothing yet.

Im pretty sure your phone has to be activated to recieve an ota. You can try opening dialer and dialing in *#*#checkin#*#* then hit call, if it says checkin sucessfull in the notification bar that should mean that you are still able to communicate with the update servers.

cmlusco

Nov 20, 2010
Michigan City, IN
This is confusing me a bit. Why would this only be a patch from .2 to .3 if the original ota was pulled? There must be a complete froyo to gingerbread update out there somewhere.

Sent from my ADR6300 using XDA App

There probably will be a complete froyo to gb but they probably rolled out this patch to the people who got the .2 ota before they pulled it. Its also probably a test of sorts to make sure they got it to their liking before a full release.

Sent from my ADR6300 using xda premium

silverxbv2

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jun 28, 2010
Ok guys sorry it took so long but here it is. I am including a full nandroid that i made after a fresh install and factory data reset. I hope no personal info is in there, it shouldnt be but if it is somehow please dont screw me. I am also including just the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img. These were made like i said after a fresh install and a factory data reset. The only thing done to it is i have obviously installed cwm 5 and also the superuser binary. i hope some devs can do some good with it and get it deodexed and made flashable for all of us GB lovers.

Download full nandroid made with clockworkmod recovery 5.0.1.0

Download system.yaffs2.img and boot.img pulled from above full nandroid

20110903012301.png

Looks like a new kernel number in there too.

jermaine151

Jun 19, 2010
Columbus, Ohio
Ok guys sorry it took so long but here it is. I am including a full nandroid that i made after a fresh install and factory data reset. I hope no personal info is in there, it shouldnt be but if it is somehow please dont screw me. I am also including just the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img. These were made like i said after a fresh install and a factory data reset. The only thing done to it is i have obviously installed cwm 5 and also the superuser binary. i hope some devs can do some good with it and get it deodexed and made flashable for all of us GB lovers.

Download full nandroid made with clockworkmod recovery 5.0.1.0

Download system.yaffs2.img and boot.img pulled from above full nandroid

20110903012301.png

Thanks Bud! Downloading now.. :)

Reactions: wildstang83

toddsts

Jul 1, 2008
Cary, NC
Hey Guys, Sorry I had to bug out yesterday. Well, I realized that after I rooted I could use root explorer to find the file. I found this file:

6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

In my /cache folder. It's the right size, 87.7MB. Will this be useful? Or only if I let it run in the install on my phone? BTW my current software version is:

Build number: 3.26.605.1
Baseband version: 2.15.00.07.28

So that is what I'd be upgrading from.

I haven't run the upgrade yet because, looking at the unrevoked forever site, I need to reinstall the stock recovery for it all to work properly. So I have to figure that out first.

Where's the best place to post this file if it's usable? Obviously it exceeds the file size limits here.

Thanks,

Todd

Last edited:

wildstang83

Inactive Recognized Developer / Recognized Themer
Oct 14, 2010
Nowheresville
xdaforums.com
Hey Guys, Sorry I had to bug out yesterday. Well, I realized that after I rooted I could use root explorer to find the file. I found this file:

6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

In my /cache folder. It's the right size, 87.7MB. Will this be useful? Or only if I let it run in the install on my phone? BTW my current software version is:

Build number: 3.26.605.1

So that is what I'd be upgrading from.

I haven't run the upgrade yet because, looking at the unrevoked forever site, I need to reinstall the stock recovery for it all to work properly. So I have to figure that out first.

Where's the best place to post this file if it's usable? Obviously it exceeds the file size limits here.

Thanks,

Todd

Yes upload that to multiupload and post the link right here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32165623/e5..._WWE_4.06.605.3-4.06.605.2_release_211679.zip

this is the update they just pushed if that's what you guys are looking for...i pulled it from my phone after it downloaded from the stock rom i had
    Ok guys sorry it took so long but here it is. I made a zip of the boot.img and system.yaffs2.img. These were made after a fresh install and a factory data reset. The only thing done to it is i have obviously installed cwm 5 and also the superuser binary. I hope some devs can do some good with it and get it deodexed and made flashable for all of us GB lovers.

Download system.yaffs2.img and boot.img pulled from a full nandroid

20110903012301.png
    OK, here is the multiupload link:

http://www.multiupload.com/R9UY66N3J9

MD5: DCBA30A164327C4F6903ABF0222C5E9A (from HashTab v3.0.0)

Filename: 6f37e6f6b9ab.OTA_Incredible_C_Gingerbread_S_VERIZON_WWE_4.06.605.3-3.26.605.1_release_210690.zip

This is the OTA from my phone currently at:
    Build number: 3.26.605.1 CL264707 release-keys

Copied from /cache on my phone after getting the OTA notification.

Thanks to the devs in advance. Hope this helps.

Todd
    pdf from Verizon's website

Please the attached pdf file.

NOTE: Edited post contains the original pdf file after I compacted the file using Adobe Acrobat to meet the size requirement of the forum.
    Does it show the new version number under system in settings?

BTW what changes were you expecting? This late in the game I would think this is a very minor update.

Ohhhhhh and also could you post or rehost the new .zip you made so I (or others) coudl try and flash it?

No it does not show the new version number and all files are still same size. I wasnt expecting major changes but i at least expected the build.prop to change. Here is my modified file if anyone wants to give it a try.

http://dinc.does-it.net/ota_605.2_TO_605.3.zip