Galaxy Nexus Desktop Dock Now available @ Expansys

Search This thread

john014

Jul 9, 2007
London
Hi All,

just thought I would let you know the Desktop dock is now available from Expansys UK @ £49.99, showing 100+ in stock.

The price is not the best, but its the only place with stock at the moment.

Thanks

Zeem

Jan 15, 2007
Just got mine from amazon :)

Attachments

• ApoY4iQCQAATTPv.jpg
    ApoY4iQCQAATTPv.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 3,562

kynon

Mar 9, 2007
Got mine from Amazon (Germany) too, yesterday... like it very much, and got a nice surprise when the stock launcher went into portrait mode while docked :) --- EDIT: oh sorry, I meant Landscape mode of course.

Last edited:

code777

Dec 29, 2011
From the looks of it only charging and audio + the infamous dock mode :p or at least thats what says on the site ;).

Last edited:

Fountainhead931

Mar 4, 2011
Orlando FL
I'm all for the desktop dock, but the issue I have is that little USB jack in the ass end of my phone is very delicate, and I'd rather not "jam" it down on any metal jack over and over and....you get the point.
Admittedly with dropbox and so forth the micro USB jack is only good for flashing roms, and for now charging.
I'm holding out for the pogo pin adapter.

A long time ago with my first microusb jack phone on my USB A to Micro USB Male cord I took the male jack and filed the "hooks" off of the USB connector so that it slid in easily with no force at all. I found it hard to gauge the force due to the "hooks" pushing back or a misalignment being the case.

I don't see the dock on Amazon or Expansys US sites, can anyone post a link?

Last edited:

lucasmalaguti

Aug 12, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
I'd like a link as well.
Unfortunately for me, I was able to damage the USB port on the galaxy nexus (don't ask me how, I have no idea), and once I get the replacement part I wouldn't like to take the risk again.
It's a bit overpriced, but I think it looks cool to use it as a clock at side of my bed. Would be nice too if a USB port was on it, but I think it doesn't.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

HinotoriBR

Apr 2, 2011
São Paulo
Hey, it is not possible to turn the screen off while on this dock? I do not see a way to hit the power button like the car dock has (the button extension on the car dock itself).... That would really be a bummer.... :p

NCRoadster

Mar 14, 2012
Can anyone post a pic of the back?
I want to see if it works with the seidio extended battery.

anton2009

Aug 21, 2010
Lincoln, NE
I just called customer service to see why my order is still being processed and they told me it will be out of stock until april 10th. I wasn't going to play this "oh its coming next week" every week game with them, so I cancelled my order... I'll just buy from Amazon.de or Amazon.co.uk

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dp92180

Apr 21, 2008
Had anyone tested with the CDMA version?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

john014

Jul 9, 2007
London
I think the topic creator was talking about this dock here that is available with the pogo pins

http://www.expansys.com/samsung-google-galaxy-nexus-desk-stand-226695/

Yes thank you, i wondered how people had got mixed up with the HDMI dock, which is obviously named and looks a lot different.........

so what you guys rate it out of 10? the reason i ask is i have a tendancy to break to micro usb ports on my phones, and think the pogo pins would save me from doing this....

thanks guys!!!
:) :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have one on order but could you please describe the audio functions in more detail?

What happens when someone rings? Do I need audio plugged in? Can you have a hands free conversation with the phone still in the dock? Does it only play certain audio out the jack and if so details? Anything else you think is worth mentioning? I plan to have my phone pretty much sitting in this dock at my work desk unless I need to go somewhere. TIA :)

General Use: When docked everything switches to landscape. Lock screen (with music controls), launcher, app drawer, etc. The dialer however, doesn't display correctly in landscape. I've attached photos to illustrate what I'm talking about.

Audio: This dock, unlike the Nexus One dock does not pair to bluetooth for audio. I'm guessing the audio is transferred through one of the pogo pins.
    When you play music, youtube, etc. the sound comes only from the audio out. Notifications and the phone ringer seem to play from both the phone and audio out.
    When playing music, if you adjust the volume from your phone, the levels do not change until you get to zero. It then mutes the audio.
    If you take the phone out of the dock while playing music the audio will pause.
    If you don't have anything plugged into audio out sound will function as normal.
    The manual states to not use the audio jack with headphones.

Phone calls: When the phone rings while in the dock, the orientation will change to portrait. I haven't tested the speaker phone while in the dock but the handset mic is blocked by the dock housing so my guess is it won't work. You can pair the phone to bluetooth and answer calls that way if you want.

I hope that answers most of your questions.

For my initial reaction and other info check this post
    Dunce Much?

had you have stated WHICH Amazon site you were looking we would have this solved by now. don't get ****ty with me, your the typical person who doesn't know how to use the internet to search for things correctly.

u mad bro? :D

Right. Spot on. Thank you for clarifying what I was doing wrong all this time by providing incredibly helpful feedback. Never would have thought to search.
    Someone have the Gnex Desk Stand and Extended Battery with cover ?

I'm interrested with both of them :)

Edit:
    Hello,

Just tested this and the slightly larger cover does not interfere with the Desk Stand.

Kenneth Eilertsen (Quality Engineer, eXpansys)

source: http://www.expansys.fr/ft.aspx?k=253500
    The one main complaint I have is with Android's clock. It takes forever for it to go into "dark" mode and when it does, the time has an annoying "feature" of moving about and being a bit small (it could be larger). I couldn't find a half decent substitute though... Is there a half decent clock [preferably made for ICS]? Because this dock makes the phone perfect as an alarm clock.

Press the screen once and it will go somewhat dark, press and hold for 1 second after that and it goes completely dark except for the blue clock. The clock moves around to prevent screen burn-in.

Dock Clock is nice. You can customize the font and size, add weather, date, etc:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gadgetjuice.dockclock
    Yes, you need to have the 4.0.4 update for dock mode to work. The release of 4.0.4 is what's been holding up the release of these docks for the past few months supposedly.

@ El Daddy--Expansys supposedly tried the dock with an LTE model and said it almost fit, but was off by just enough that you had to push the phone down into the cradle to make it touch the pogo pins and as soon as you stopped pushing, it would disconnect.