[Q] best headphones for galaxy nexus

Search This thread

Hamoor

Jun 24, 2010
Hello xda fellas!
Am looking for the best headphones for the galaxy nexus but first i want to ask is it worth it to buy such headphones on a mere smartphone? Is it gonna make any major difference between it and the stock headphones?
If yes then what do you suggest me to buy??? Ive heard about the sennheiser HD650, what do you think about it???

Oh one more thing, what is external DAC?? Does galaxy nexus support it??is it gonna make any difference in sound quality??

pnnorth

Dec 18, 2010
It's worth getting a decent pair of sound isolating headphones. I currently use ultimate ears but also have a pair of Sennheiser's which are great (and cheaper!)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

rob6raham

Dec 29, 2008
Earphones or headphones?
I have some Sennheiser earphones for my Creative Zen X-Fi so I use them. They make everything sound better and you can pick a pair up for £30-50.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Balthazar B

Jul 11, 2010
Does anyone know whether the Klipsch Control app that ships with their S4A IEMs is compatible with the Nexus Galaxy? I know there were issues with the GSII.

Thanks!

rokfor2000

Jan 23, 2010
Headphones but i may think about earphones.

I actually think stock earphones are quite good. Do you have the phone already? If not I would wait and test the stock ones before spending even more money. If you have Nexus already then I'm just curious what you don't like about them?

Hamoor

Jun 24, 2010
I like the stock earphones but i wanted to take it to the next level to see if those expensive ear/headphones really worth it or not

spences10

Jan 18, 2010
London
What's your budget? I would recommended Sennheiser IE8s to anyone that's willing to listen excellent for the price

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mklass

Apr 3, 2010
I have beats solo's and they dont seem to be no where near as loud as they are on my iPhone.. Pretty gutted about it to be honest :confused:

oscillik

Mar 19, 2009
Widnes
the Galaxy Nexus can drive my AIAIAI TMA-1 headphones brilliantly. The Nexus S wasn't able to push them very well, but the Galaxy Nexus sounds great with these headphones.

For the record, these headphones have 40mm drivers.

Backo23

Nov 19, 2011
May i ask what is sms audio??? :)

A first-class audio headphone and accessories brand, SMS Audio, LLC is dedicated to improving the way people experience music. SMS Audio combines technology, function and style to bring the highest caliber of sound, comfort and fashion to every product;-)

I cant add link yet but try smsby50.com ;-)

Balthazar B

Jul 11, 2010
I have the Klipsch Image S4A earphones and they are great. They have a very good rating from buyers at Amazon. They have the newer model for Android phones.
Regular has dropped down to $63
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-IMAGE...LPT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322259436&sr=8-1

Android phone model is $99.
http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Headp...KO1C/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1322259481&sr=8-9

Asked earlier in this thread, but if you have a GN already, does the Klipsch Control app work properly with it???

Nebucatnetzer

Feb 4, 2011
I can recommend this one.

Sennheiser HD25-1 II

They are very clear and exact. They give you out what you put in. So nothing for low quality files.

Sure from a design point of few they are not awesome but the sound is very good.

The good thing about them is that they have a very good isolation so if you're using the public transport a lot you will love them.

Another good point is that you can easily replace every single piece and they are very adjustable so it fits nice to your head.

BlackHoleSlam

Nov 25, 2010
Houston
I just got bob Marley ear buds from stapes for 40 bucks and they sound awesome I have skull candies but they always fall out of my ears

Sent from my SCH-I510 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have recently got into headphones over the past year. My current favorite headphones to use with my Gnex are the V-Moda M-80's. They sound amazing and they are low powered so the Gnex has no problems driving them. They are high quality and every way from the sound to the build quality. The cable is wrapped in kevlar which is unheard of in a headphone, especially one thats not that expensive (approx $200). Another cool thing about the cable is that its removable in case it ever gets damaged. They actually include 2 cables with the M-80's and both have mic's and volume controls. 1 is for android phones and the other is for apple devices so if you still use a ipod you will have cord controls for that too. Which is nice.

Like i said earlier i have got into headphones recently and since than i have learned how amazing headphone amps are. I pair my M-80's with a portable amp called the PA2V2 (Pocket amp 2 Ver 2) and i have never heard music sound so good from a mobile device. The amp really isnt necessary but it adds so much to the quality of the music.

Check out the reviews on the M-80's on Head-Fi. Head-Fi is the place to go to check out reviews on head-phone before you by them. Sound quality is their #1 priority, everything else comes after and style is probably the last thing they consider when reviewing headphones. But it just so happens the M-80's look sweet.

Here's a link the imformation page on the PA2V2 amp i mentioned. You can look up reviews on Head-Fi for it as well. The guy that make this amp is awesome. If you decide to by one email him 1st instead of buying from his ebay page. He will probably give you the option to buy it for around $60 shipped and if you tell him what headphones you plan to use with them. He will even adjust the gain for you to match your headphones. thats easy to do but for newb's its a nice thing. There are smaller amps out there by a company called Fiio but you will eventually want a more powerful amp once you start listening to high quality headphones. Fiio makes a lot of nice amps also but the more powerful ones can be pricey.

If the M-80's are out of your price range check out V-Moda's Crossfade Lp's. Those are over the ear so they'll be bigger then the M-80's but you can get those around 100's on amazon and they are also a awesome set of cans.

And if that is still too much check out the Grado sr60i's

I dont really use earbuds so i cant suggest any of those. My last word of advice is take your time. You want the best sound w the budget you can afford.

Ps. I also agree that Beats are terrible and you should avoid them.
    Beats by Dre are, at best, £40 headphones masquerading as £150+ ones, purely because of branding.
    Beats Tours are hands down the best in ear headphones on the market

Sent from my i9250 (GSM) Galaxy Nexus.
    Phazenine@Twitter

A lot of people on Amazon would disagree. I've played with some Beats headphones and Ill be honest, I think it's all hype.
    Lmao at beats being the best on the market. Wow

I'm currently using the a jays one+ so far so good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2