Microphone problems

Search This thread

DönerXXL

Feb 2, 2014
Hamburg
Hi there.

I have the s5mini now three days.

The problem is that my friends understand me very very quietly. In the German thread are many Users who have the same problem.

How is that with you?

Is it not possible to adjust something in the service menu ??

Sorry for my bad English...:D

maxpower_303

Oct 30, 2009
Munich
Hi there.

The problem is that my friends understand me very very quietly. In the German thread are many Users who have the same problem.

How is that with you?

Hi,
also from Germany, I have the SM-G800F. I can't confirm your problems, no one complains about quiet voice problems. ;)
Cheers!

Reactions: DönerXXL

ahoria

Mar 10, 2011
I also had the same problem as in the original post so I came here for complaining.
But after trying the needle suggestion above (cheers to the usasha!!) the problem got fixed!!!!
I was about to return it to be serviced, but now I'm so happy with my S5 mini :D

I used a thin needle and inserted it carefully for 3-4 millimeters, some lint came out.

greglord

Jul 8, 2009
Stuttgart
We have exactly the same problem!

Bought phone and it went to service 3 times in a row. They've replaced everything from microphone to motherboard, even "cleared the mic hole". So, as you can see, we've replaced everything and it didn't get better.

Service even replied that the phone is working as it should. We bought it at the end of august, used it 4 days,.. other days, it was on service.

Last edited:
Reactions: Night on the web

paffo

Mar 16, 2010
@greglord: is your last post some kind of a game with finding differences?
Usually this is with two pictures, so I find it very unique using posts instead.

Back to thread topic - I also used needle and now people hear me more clearly than before so thank you @usasha !!

Reactions: greglord

broucker

Nov 14, 2010
london
I've installed sound meter from PLAY on 2 android phones my old Desire S and my new g800f. ive noticed that there is a 30dB difference the old one receiving better sound then the 1 day old g800f. sad!

Last edited:

Pentarick

Jan 23, 2006
That's not entirely true, my friends immediately reported that I sounded loud and clear without asking, when I switched back from my G800F to my Xperia ZR, even without them knowing I switched phones. Maybe the sound isn't as good as a non-water resistant phone but it sure can be a lot better than my G800F.

I just got my phone back from the Samsung repair shop, after almost 2 weeks (!). But I doubt they have done anything to fix it because the screen was as smudged as when I brought it there. IIRC well the screen has to be taken out to replace anything inside the phone, or am I wrong?

panda679

Aug 15, 2015
Zagreb
How to solve this problem without loosing warranty?

I have SM-G800F with stock Android 4.4.2 updated from Samsung to the latest update I can get. Not rooted.

I have mic problem since I've bought this phone two weeks ago. People talking to me say that my voice is muffled as if I hold the phone too far from my mouth. This happens only using phone mic - if I switch to speakerphone or earphone during the call, everyone can hear me great. So, the problem is with the phone mic as if the mic level is too low .

I've searched all over the web and have realized that this is very common problem with S5 or S5 mini. As a solution, people suggest "cleaning" the mic hole which puncture the waterproof membrane of the phone and you loose warranty.

Another approach that could make progress is by editing default_gain.conf file at root /system/etc/ (more at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2777535) but for that to work you need to have root which also void warranty - correct?

Suggestions like taking out the battery or wiping the cache partition didn't make any improvement for me.

The only hope for me is hint the I've found the post (http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=55192014&postcount=2) on this forums suggesting raising mic level gain setting in phone service menu could solve the problem but there is no explanation how to do it. I've tried to enter the service menu using *#*#0011#*#* and then Menu -> Back -> Menu -> Input Key -> Q -> Menu -> Input Key -> 0000 but service menu doesn't appear like it should.

Any suggestions either on how to enter the service menu or some other way of solving the issue?

broucker

Nov 14, 2010
london
I had this phone like 2 days. I unsealed it. It's a nice phone but I recommend don't waste your time with it. Get rid of it you still can

msnv

May 5, 2008
Samsung S5 mini G800 microphone problem solved

Today I had a problem with the G800, the microphone doesn't work when talking about a call, but it works when recording a dictaphone.
I replaced the charging flex, but I didn't solve the problem, the microphone in the call didn't work.
Then I replaced the top microphone on the motherboard, which is used for speakerphone conversations,
and I heated audio IC WM1811GE it with hot air at 320 degrees Celsius for 20 seconds and that's it. Problem solved.
Now my S mini works perfectly, now the microphone works in a call or conversation. :good::good:

Audio IC Samsung G800

position WM1811GE Samsung G800 mainboard

Mic in mainboard (mic for speaker call)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi there.

you need to clean mic hole by needle or toothpick and problem will be solved
    Hi there.

How is that with you?

Hi,
    also from Germany, I have the SM-G800F. I can't confirm your problems, no one complains about quiet voice problems. ;)
    Cheers!
    ... text complaining about quite mic ...
    same here.
    We have exactly the same problem!

Bought phone and it went to service 3 times in a row. They've replaced everything from microphone to motherboard, even "cleared the mic hole". So, as you can see, we've replaced everything and it didn't get better.

Service even replied that the phone is working as it should. We bought it at the end of august, used it 4 days,.. other days, it was on service.
    @greglord: is your last post some kind of a game with finding differences?
    Usually this is with two pictures, so I find it very unique using posts instead.

Back to thread topic - I also used needle and now people hear me more clearly than before so thank you @usasha !!