[Q]Bootloop and Battery not charging

Search This thread

BaD_RoBoTs

Nov 1, 2011
Port Elizabeth
Hi, so my phone decided to stop working all of a sudden.
I was just doing things on my pc when I heard my phone rebooting, after I had recenly plugged it in.
It's running the latest stock ROM and not rooted. When I try switch it on it shows the Samsung Logo and on some occations some pixels create a fuzzy area underneath the logo text and at the bottom of the screen, it then switches off and after a while tries to boot again. When I try charge the phone it goes to the battery icon with the loading circle but nothing moves and yet again some of the pixles of the battery icon become distorted and then it switches off and tries again(also it vibrates twice before showing the battery icon). I can boot into Dowload mode and my PC recognises the phone(as well as odin) but I can't boot into recovery, or Safe Mode for that matter. I can remove the battery when in dowload mode and the phone remains on but I need the battery inserted to start up anything. I've only had my phone for two months now. Maybe I could be moisture from my shower earlier, I'll leave my phone in a bowl of rice overnight to see if that does anything.

Please try help me fix my problem. I've been looking for a solution all night.
Also due to me being overseas I can't format my phone as I'll lose my WhatsApp validation and all the pictures I've taken so far will be lost.

Thanks in advance.

BaD_RoBoTs

Nov 1, 2011
Port Elizabeth
It's not a software problem so you don't need to format.

My guess would be that you need a new battery.

The battery isn't even swollen though?
I just tried starting up the phone by turning it on, then plugging in the cable and hitting the battery out but it still didn't boot.
Unfortunately I'm far away from a big city so I can't get another battery to test it to be absolutely sure though.

Last edited:

BaD_RoBoTs

Nov 1, 2011
Port Elizabeth
Update:

I just tried booting it again and it got to the other Samsung screen where the LED is Blue and the Logo flashes blue behind it(Only got here once, hasn't gotten this far again yet). I left it for a bit but it just got stuck there and there was the same distorted pixels like in any other type of screen I get to also the logo stopped flashing when I tapped the screen and pressed the home button(this is when the distorted pictures started again).

Last edited:

BaD_RoBoTs

Nov 1, 2011
Port Elizabeth
Here is an attached Image of the flickering part of the screen. It gets stuck on this screen and flickers at the bottom and just underneath the Logo and eventually turns off.

Attachments

• WIN_20140903_155628.JPG
    WIN_20140903_155628.JPG
    189.8 KB · Views: 57

BaD_RoBoTs

Nov 1, 2011
Port Elizabeth
So by some miracle it booted all the way to the lock screen and then rebooted from there right back to the lock screen again and I unlocked it and the home screen was fine and the phone seemed to function for a few seconds then it restarted and then got stuck at the Samsung logo again, I did manage to see that there was 17% Battery left so It has enough power to boot it. So I dunno what the hell could be causing it. It's such a weird problem I have no idea of how to fix it(within the warranty that is). I forgot to mention that the screen has 3 stress fracture cracks on the screen so somehow I think it is bending in my pocket, so that might be a reason why it's acting so weirdly.

BaD_RoBoTs

Nov 1, 2011
Port Elizabeth
I also noticed that if I leave the battery out for a decent amount of time and try boot the phone up it boots up for about 20 seconds and then reboots again into a bootloop again. Also the battery percentage is at 0% apon boot, by this stage I've plugged it into my PC to try pull files off of it(Which I managed to get some files off).