UPDATE 2/5/15 How to get to 100% STOCK OA6 (LOLLIPOP) and Root!

Search This thread

muniz_ri

Jun 27, 2012
Well I screwed up doing all this so I guess my journey on this is all done :/
So now my knox is 0x1. My own fault for having so many files all over and mixing things up.

I flashed this and accidentally picked another file in odin when doing the BL/Modem stuff and ended up flashing to one that had TWRP in it :/

Sucks, kinda mad about it lol. I worked so hard to avoid this all this time. Oh well.

Anyway thanks for posting and hopefully someone else will be able to test and confirm it won't kill knox on em.

Bummer

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Here it is:
G900P_OA6_100%_Stock_Rooted_ROM.zip
G900P_OA6_Stock_Partitions.tar.md5 (Flash in Odin)

Once you confirm it works I will post it in its own thread so that others can find it.

Moved here: http://xdaforums.com/sprint-galaxy-s5/general/g900poa6100stockrootedrom-t3043571

smittyez4u

Nov 29, 2010
Quick question, I'm rooted and running a custom rom. My baseband is NCB and my version is 5.0.2. Can I update my baseband by flashing these with any other recovery than Odin? My Knox was tripped (0x2) a long time ago. I'm familiar with flashing with CWM as I am running a CM-12 rom. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks!

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin
Quick question, I'm rooted and running a custom rom. My baseband is NCB and my version is 5.0.2. Can I update my baseband by flashing these with any other recovery than Odin? My Knox was tripped (0x2) a long time ago. I'm familiar with flashing with CWM as I am running a CM-12 rom. Can someone point me in the right direction. Thanks!
How did you trip Knox to (0x2) I've only ever seen (0x1)

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

smittyez4u

Nov 29, 2010

My bad, Knox 0x1 (2). Been flashing unofficial nightlies since December. Now all of a sudden I've lost the ability to backup roms for storage or to restore. I may try a clean install later but without a backup I'm kinda hesitant.

Last edited:

bryanu

Dec 1, 2010

Mine says (0x1) (2)
Maybe that's what meant? I don't even know why mine shows a 2 (flash counter maybe? but hasn't changed after multiple more flashes), most screen shots I see just say 0x0 or 0x1 though.

I've seen a few with higher numbers on Google images poking around too. It all makes me suspect that at least some portion of knox is firmware settable and not just efuse like claimed. Especially since samsung site claims efuse yet we know it's not true on other models using the other CPU. Makes you wonder if they said it just to make people give up looking.

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin
Mine says (0x1) (2)
Maybe that's what meant? I don't even know why mine shows a 2 (flash counter maybe? but hasn't changed after multiple more flashes), most screen shots I see just say 0x0 or 0x1 though.

I've seen a few with higher numbers on Google images poking around too. It all makes me suspect that at least some portion of knox is firmware settable and not just efuse like claimed. Especially since samsung site claims efuse yet we know it's not true on other models using the other CPU. Makes you wonder if they said it just to make people give up looking.
Yeah mine says (0x1) with 4 after it which i believe you are right on that being a flash counter. Although ive flashed numerous roms

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Hey guys.... so around a month from now I will be getting the Sprint GS6 Edge and I need someone to take over this thread when the time comes. I need someone who won't just let it die, and when an OTA for this GS5 comes out, they will actually update the OP with useful and helpful info (doesn't necessarily have to be the same way I did it!). I'd appreciate it greatly if someone was interested in doing this, but please only do it if you're fully invested and will definitely update it! Thanks :)

RaySorian

Jul 7, 2010
Houston
Anyone else having problems downloading the tar from the link for step 2?

Edit: Was finally able to get the file, using my phone. Kept getting unknown network error when using my PC.

Last edited:

Mr._Happy

Aug 21, 2012
New York, NY
Oof. That's a drag.

I wonder if I should try it. I am stock 4.4.4, unrooted.

Should I flash the tar.md5 with Odin (3.09?) ?

Edit

Nevermind. I went to the other thread. I have my answer.

FYI: The .zip link in this thread comes up empty and the tar.md5 link says Galaxy S 4...???

Last edited:

Maurylucha

Mar 1, 2014
Los Angeles
quick question

So i had the leaked version of lollipop NK something and i never had any of the cool features (user profiles, pinning Apps to screen, etc) lollipop says it has and with OA6 i dont have them either, am i the only one missing them or am i just missing some screws in my head??

elwood

May 1, 2011
Menasha, Wisconsin
So i had the leaked version of lollipop NK something and i never had any of the cool features (user profiles, pinning Apps to screen, etc) lollipop says it has and with OA6 i dont have them either, am i the only one missing them or am i just missing some screws in my head??
User profiles yes go to Settings>Personalization, pinning apps to screen not that I'm aware of

Reactions: Maurylucha

Maurylucha

Mar 1, 2014
Los Angeles
User profiles yes go to Settings>Personalization, pinning apps to screen not that I'm aware of

I don't have any options for user profiles :( ive tried clean and dirty flash and the pound code !
What gives! Lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-14-13-45-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-14-13-45-12.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 380

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is how to get to OA6 100% stock:
    1. DL Odin 3.09
    2. DL stock OA6 TAR
    3. Make a backup of your apps/data (TiBu/Helium/etc). MAKE SURE THE APP/DATA BACKUPS ARE TO YOUR EXT SD CARD!!!
    BACKUPS (from TiBu and apps like that) PROBABLY WILL NOT WORK GOING FROM 4.4.4 TO 5.0!
    4. Go into recovery and do a factory reset and wipe system/internal sd/cache/dalvik. Power off phone completely!
    5. Power on into Download Mode and flash the stock OA6 tar (put it in "AP/PDA" in Odin).
    **6. Do a factory reset in the stock recovery after you flash the tar (not necessary but deff won't kill ya!). **OPTIONAL
    7. In "About Device" your baseband and software should now end in OA6 and Android version should be 5.0. If they are not, then you did something wrong, go back to step 2 and try a redownload, and reflash of stock OA6 tar.
    **OPTIONAL: Root**
    8. DL CF-Auto Root.
    9. Place in PDA/AP slot in Odin and run it.
    10. DL a custom recovery of your choosing and flash.
    11. Reboot to recovery and FLASH THIS (SuperSU v2.45). Now root should work reliably on Lollipop (THANKS CHAINFIRE!!)
    12. Download and install MOAR v6.0! **If you do this no need to do steps 13 & 14!**
    13. Download and flash Knox Removal to get rid of Knox. BE SURE TO THANK TDUNHAM!
    14. Get flashlight toggle as well as plenty others with THIS APP!
    15. PROFIT!
    Some people seem to be having trouble, so I thought this might help you guys out.

1. DL this stock NCB tar.
    2. Take out your EXT SD Card (if you have one).
    3. Flash the stock NCB tar (put it in "PDA" in Odin).
    4. Do a factory reset in the stock recovery after you flash the tar (not necessary but deff won't kill ya!).
    5. Reboot into Download Mode and make sure it says ROM type= OFFICIAL! If it says custom you will not be able to take the OTA.
    6. Reboot, check for the OTA to "ND2" and wait for it to complete.
    7. Your baseband and software should now end in ND2. If it does not, then you did something wrong, go back to step 1 and try a redownload, and reflash of stock NCB tar.
    8. Re-root.

Also if someone that has SuperSU PRO version, can check if "Survival Mode" works for the GS5, that'd be awesome!

Are there any better mirrors, that link is telling me 14-18 hrs to download? lol I could probably build their stock ROM from source faster
    I don't think anyone has posted the tar yet.

Correct! I prepared the post ahead of time so I wouldn't have to do that later today once everything is all ready! :good:
    In preparation for tomorrow! ;):good::cool:
    Why the big deal???

I don't see the big deal with upgrading to ND2. Haven't read that it allows the download booster to work...lol

This what is suppose to be updated:
    Google search results are no longer included in the list when using S Finder
    Fixed device responsiveness when using S View Cover
    Enable camera capture during voice call
    Fixed alarm failure when deleting alarm
    Fixed email duplication, when moving an email from original folder to another folder the email should only be viewable in the moved to folder

FYI personally like how the S finder pulled up google search stuff.