Firefox OS port for Desire Z?

Search This thread

lissyx

Sep 28, 2012
Tours
This is still working :). Building with Keon still works but it relies on not-yet-commited changes because of the old GCC deprecation: we now need at least 4.6, and Keon tree is still using 4.4. Hopefully, a contributor worked on making ICS devices using the GCC 4.8 prebuilt toolchain from Android, and Peak and Keon are just waiting for a r+ (this is working, I have applied the local patches).

I've also pushed a small hack to be able to use GPS stack: the Gecko code that does load the GPS module checks the size of the GpsInterface structure (defined in hardware/gps.h). Since I'm building with Keon tree, this struct is a bit different, and Gecko refuses to use it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another quick update with pics to show that I'm not bluffing :). One pic of H264 playback on the device from within Browser app, and another of geolocation in HERE Maps.

View attachment 2548430

DSC_0053.jpg
    I'm still pushing to this master-HTC_Vision branch.

FYI, I get camera working if I build Gecko re-using my Keon's source tree :)
    If you read up on Firefox os chances are that our phone isn't the best suited for it and being there are so few developers left here it is unlikely someone wants to pick up a project of this sort that will unlikely run well on the g2/dz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
    Hello!

Is there any news about this project? Does it build and run?

Thanks!

Well I'm still pushing Gecko to the branch and building it, so yes, it does work, but it's not off the shelf :).
    FYI I've been recently relying on Desire Z for hacking and testing a LED API in Gecko.
    Just a quick update to let you know that I rebased my master-HTC_Vision branch against uptodate master. Since there have been changes in the RIL worker, I hacked my code and finally fixed the automatic network selection by forcing automatic mode. So this is working not that bad, now :)