[Q] problem Flashing stock RUU

Search This thread

tudorvictor

Oct 2, 2012
Hello,

I have a stock Bell HTC Raider, locked, unrooted, basically never touched, all original software and state. It is updated to latest OTA software.

I'm trying to wipe it and reinstall the stock rom because it is starting to act funny and I want to start from scratch.

I am trying to flash the version 3.5 bell RUU, and it will see that I have version 3.38 on phone, and RUU is same version 3.38, and when I click "next" it will go to screen which says "sending" and it will just hang there. The "sending" progress bar just keep incrementing continuously but nothing else happens. the phone is on the white HTC logo.

I gave up after 2 hours of this. Tried several times. Phone info is not wiped, same old ROM is still on it with my apps and everything.

I also tried to put the PH39.zip file for rogers on the card (can't find one for bell) and it gives me a "wrong CID, flash fail" error.

I'm running windows 7, I am admin on the PC, I also ran the RUU as administrator.

I installed latest HTC Synch, and I can open the phone as a USB drive and copy data to it, but I don't see it in HTC synch.

HTC synch does automatically launch when I plug phone in, so it sees something, but when I go to the "home" tab it says that no device is connected. I did select "htc synch" as the connection method on phone. USB debug mode is on.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

Is there any working link for the PH39 zip file for bell?

tudorvictor

Oct 2, 2012
each umaxces

Update:

in the mean time I bit the bullet and unlocked the bootloader (still S-ON), put WCX recovery on and flashed the cyanogenmod 11 *kitkat) rom.

That had the low call volume problem, so I flashed Holic's 1.3 ROM (back to ICS) which so far works perfectly.

So I am in fact able to flash other roms in recovery but I can't get back to stock using the Bell RUU.

If I ever want to return to stock, what do I do?

Yuskow

Oct 7, 2013
Update:

in the mean time I bit the bullet and unlocked the bootloader (still S-ON), put WCX recovery on and flashed the cyanogenmod 11 *kitkat) rom.

That had the low call volume problem, so I flashed Holic's 1.3 ROM (back to ICS) which so far works perfectly.

So I am in fact able to flash other roms in recovery but I can't get back to stock using the Bell RUU.

If I ever want to return to stock, what do I do?

Might want to check out http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2013122 which explains:
How to run the RUU
1: Make sure your bootloader is re-locked and by using the fastboot oem lock code
2: Plug in your device and make sure you have the drivers installed ( or HTC Sync )
3: Run the RUU specific to your carrier and wait for it to load ( could take up to 20 min depending on your PC )
4: A box should popup on your screen and a progress bar will be shown ( wait )
5: Once it's done loading follow the steps to return to stock.
6: You are now unrooted

Been years since I did that. KitKat low volume? Are you running the latest nightly? http://www.chronic-buildbox.com/nightly/holiday/ Best rom I've tried and I've tried em all. (Can't wait to see what pacman can add to what Albinoman is doing an awesome job with)

tudorvictor

Oct 2, 2012
I managed to return to stock using the RUU without problems.

I didn't do anything different this time, it's just that I wasn't trying to flash the stock ROM while already on the stock ROM.

Maybe that doesn't work?

you can close this thread now. thanks.