What if someone got a hold of your imei?

Search This thread

btort1

Oct 20, 2013
Ok so I didn't realize the guy at a phone repair place wrote down my imei on my receipt until I got home....I asked him why he wrote it down and why he needed it, he said to keep record that I came in. Well there's nothing really I can do about it now....

I heard people can clone your imei and get your phone blocked on a network, how likely is if it were to happen? I don't really trust the guy and I am so pissed at myself for not paying attention to what he was doing.

Am I just being paranoid?

IAmSixNine

Aug 24, 2010
Dallas
www.falkenmobile.com
Ok so I didn't realize the guy at a phone repair place wrote down my imei on my receipt until I got home....I asked him why he wrote it down and why he needed it, he said to keep record that I came in. Well there's nothing really I can do about it now....

I heard people can clone your imei and get your phone blocked on a network, how likely is if it were to happen? I don't really trust the guy and I am so pissed at myself for not paying attention to what he was doing.

Am I just being paranoid?

IF you took your phone into a repair center they have access to all the info.
IMEI, S/N, ESN, phone number.
I would not be concerned with them having that information unless they are a shady store.