D800-20u Update (Knock Code update)

Search This thread

jasona801

Jul 6, 2011
big mistake

So I am a dummy. First off, I am rooted on 4.4.2 with a twrp recovery. Update notified me and I instinctively clicked on it. After that I was in a recovery bootloop. Rather than taking it slow and reading here for the way to get it out of that I wiped the device. Unfortunately I also clicked wipe system and now I have no files on my device at all and still am in a recovery bootloop. Where do I go from here? Please help me out and my infinite stupidness.

Sj12345

May 22, 2012
Bakersfield
Like this...

Code:
adb shell
dd if=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota of=/sdcard/fota-backup.img
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/fota

-Daryel

Sorry, I still have problem with the adb connection, my pc don't recognize the phone, under devices manager I see other devices > LG-d800

Edit: I installed the sdk and LG drivers, so I go to advance > adb sideload and slip in the next screen (twrp) but when type adb devices it doesn't show anything

Edit 2: got it, thank for the code, now it's working again

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD

gorillajuice

Jul 9, 2011
If you want to root and keep knock code you can flash Dorimanx's 4.7 kernel until a dev realeases a fix for us. I just rooted using ioroot, transfer kernel file to phone, lokify using autorec, boot into recovery and flash Dorimanx 4.7. Once you reboot you can check knock code is working, I have double tap and knock code working at the same time I don't know if this is supposed to happen or not.

crc301

Dec 18, 2010
Seems to be a wide spread issue on LG KK roms where playback stops randomly with error. I suffer from it on my VS980 on any LG KK based rom.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sprint-lg-g2/379544-sprint-lg-g2-google-play-music-issue.html

https://community.verizonwireless.com/thread/823754

Oh wow. I have never seen that issue. 90% of my listening is in the 'On Device' mode through a pair of LG Tone+ Bluetooth headphones. The other 10% is through in the 'On Device' mode with a pair of wired headphones. I have never seen issue while listening (knock on wood!). Could this be a problem only when 'streaming' music through Google Play (either your own library or All Access)?

mjones73

Apr 5, 2010
North East, MD
Oh wow. I have never seen that issue. 90% of my listening is in the 'On Device' mode through a pair of LG Tone+ Bluetooth headphones. The other 10% is through in the 'On Device' mode with a pair of wired headphones. I have never seen issue while listening (knock on wood!). Could this be a problem only when 'streaming' music through Google Play (either your own library or All Access)?

I do believe it's a streaming issues vs playing back cached music.

DaemonAshra

Oct 17, 2009
Mesa
Is there a way to install this update through fastboot or anything. My phone is unlocked and can't get software updates through the settings menu.

dxp2_sw

Apr 8, 2014
I rooted on 4.2.2 updated to 4.4.1 and then came into my phone updating to 4.4.2 automatically. I'm still rooted and haven't encountered any issues. I am on a stock recovery and stock room minus the AT&T bloatware. I wasn't going to take the 4.4.2 update but it happened anyway. Knock code is intriguing but nothing I would be willing to lose root for. Luckily I get them both. Woo!

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

powerwagon

Jun 6, 2010
Towelroot let's you root the latest update...took all of 20 secs

nicklite97

Jun 20, 2014
Towelroot let's you root the latest update...took all of 20 secs

Hi I need help with my G2 the d800 I had the knock code update and reflashed my phone back to D80020c 4.4 and installed Autorec and installed it then I installed a custom rom didnt like it then I went back to D80020c 4.4 now my knock on is not working but knock off works how to fix it?

jdk2

Hi I need help with my G2 the d800 I had the knock code update and reflashed my phone back to D80020c 4.4 and installed Autorec and installed it then I installed a custom rom didnt like it then I went back to D80020c 4.4 now my knock on is not working but knock off works how to fix it?
Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50664059&postcount=1
Grab the "Download Installer - KitKat 4.4.2 D80020c". That will put you on stock D80020c. Then update your software OTA. Then you can root, add recovery etc.

I should mention when you flash .tot files, it seems better to remove your sim card while doing so to avoid the "Your phone is not registered" message when trying to get the OTA. Flashing the .tot files seems to ruin the sim card in some cases. I don't even replace the sim until the update has finished and the phone reboots.

Last edited:
Reactions: Monticlair22

sansart

Jul 16, 2010
I'm on D80020k with root and recovery. Is it currently possible to get the D80020u update and keep root and recovery (and keep knock code working)?

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA

or you can fix it the easy way by going to 38453#*800# then settings then update touch firmware.
That worked for me

bigant262

May 12, 2009
Anyone create a zip file for us to flash to get the latest firmware? I'd much rather have the stock ATT firmware then CloudyStock or Cloudyflex.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here's the files from the update... not much we can do with them though...

http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358545806

Edit: I was on 800-20k with a custom recovery (autorec) installed. Taking the update will put you in a "recovery" bootloop. I was able to get out of the bootloop by nulling out the fota partition.

I reflashed the 800-20c TOT file using LGFlashtool and then went and did a software update. It downloads both 20k and 20u updates and applies them both. Afterwards I rooted using autoprime's ioroot25r1 tool (adb sideload method).

Because there is a new kernel to support knock-code, do NOT flash a recovery using autorec or anything that will affect the kernel until a developer gets their hands on it and inserts the older bootloader.

-Daryel
    Just got this notification. Anybody know if there's anything important or significant with this?

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk 4

The only difference I see is knock-code.

Good news is that ioroot25 still works on it.

-Daryel
    so, do you lose root after this update? i'm rooted with no custom recovery

ota should error out, mine did, i tried twice.
    The only difference I see is knock-code.

Good news is that ioroot25 still works on it.

-Daryel

Here's AT&T's update page that has some info: http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB423381&cv=820#fbid=9EhTGDbrWCI

Software update includes:

• Knock Code" security feature
    • Calendar/ Exchange Active Sync (EAS) enhancements
    I've also noticed that Album Art for music playing in Google Music now takes up the entire lock screen; the previous release only displayed in a little box at the top.
    Go here: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=50664059&postcount=1
    Grab the "Download Installer - KitKat 4.4.2 D80020c". That will put you on stock D80020c. Then update your software OTA. Then you can root, add recovery etc.

I should mention when you flash .tot files, it seems better to remove your sim card while doing so to avoid the "Your phone is not registered" message when trying to get the OTA. Flashing the .tot files seems to ruin the sim card in some cases. I don't even replace the sim until the update has finished and the phone reboots.