Garmin GPS Unlocked on PPC - Complete Guide

Search This thread

tararura

Dec 2, 2007
New Westminster , BC
Garmin: You must be doing something wrong. Erase all the previous installations and try again. Follow all the steps carefully.
Fedemenz: Yes I installed it on TYTN II.

tMantis

Jan 30, 2007
Help

I am unable to find the files specified in the directions can anyone Email them to me or redirect me so I my have and share them.

Thank you

ucf sam

Aug 17, 2007
"Download Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2008 from piratesbay. Install on your computer and run."

How do I install this? When i go to "instal dir" and click CNNANT2008Update_ENU.msi all i get is a message that says the update setup wizzard ended premeturley because of an unknown error. Do i have to have something else installed before i run this?

farbird

Jun 1, 2005
u need to install mapsource 1st...

to install mapsource...
download the training centre software from garmin and install that 1st..
once that is done, then u can install mapsource via its latest update installer.

tigga69

Feb 18, 2007
has anyone got this working on any other HTC devices?

Hi
I tried to get the basic Garmin XT working on a 3600 and it wants to search for the Garmin BT device.
Has anyone got this working on any other device?

edit for clarity: working on the internal gps not external - it does appear to work on the 3600 just not with the internal gps.

anyone who has got it working, can they clarify how they got it to work and what the settings->system->gps menu options are for you as mine only gives remote gps as the option.

thanks

Last edited:

miata

Oct 26, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
I did manage to run garmin xt on my d 810. like the interface and seems quite accurate...

however , removed it after realising that everytime I exit the software, I will loose bout 3 to 4mb of memory. upon further inspection using dotfred task manager, I still can see the que.exe alive !!! couldn't kill it though. after opening and closing the software for 3 to 4 times, my phone is out of memory :(

mrmrmrmr

Jan 14, 2007
I don't know how to create the gpsmapupp.img file from mapsource.
When I select map files to transfer to gps, all I can do is :
- save file set as mps or gdb file (which is not the actual map)
or
- transfer maps to GPS (which only transfers to real Garmin GPS)

how can I get the gpsmapupp.img file from City Navigator Map ?

merkman

Feb 9, 2007
"Download Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2008 from piratesbay. Install on your computer and run."

How do I install this? When i go to "instal dir" and click CNNANT2008Update_ENU.msi all i get is a message that says the update setup wizzard ended premeturley because of an unknown error. Do i have to have something else installed before i run this?

to install mapsource...
once that is done, then u can install mapsource via its latest update installer.

Well I'm having the EXACT same problem. I have installed the Mobile XT software on my Blackjack II and it seems to work with the built-in GPS. But when I go to install the Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2008 software from the MSI file, I get an ERROR everytime. Even after installing the Mapsource software as mentioned above and getting it working.

Seems like I'm some maps away from trying this out in my car and being VERY impressed (as I miss iGuidance something fierce). Can anyone explain why I might not be able to install the Garmin City Navigator North America NT 2008 software under Vista?

Thank you so much for your time.

SamNC

Dec 10, 2007
It did not recognise Compact Flash GPS in Dell x50v

I borrowed my friend's copy and follow exactly thread #1 procedures. It will not detect my Compact Flash GPS in my Dell x50v. Does the Complete Guide only work with bluetooth GPS?

NemesisX2047

Dec 10, 2007
Does anyone know how to get the maps on there? I've tried to do it a bunch of ways and cant get the software to recognize the new map. Thanks

Last edited:

markandrew01

Dec 8, 2006
Where are the .exe files?

I cannot get this to work on my Q 9h. After I install the second app and tell it to run I get an error message that says "cannot find 'QueSp' (or one of its components). Make sure the path and filename are correct and that all the required libraries are available." Any Ideas????

I can start the app from the .exe in the storage card directory but the icon in the programs menu is blank.

Last edited:

cornfan

Sep 18, 2007

to install mapsource...

I was able to load the Garmin XT Mobile software successfully to my Sprint Mogul phone's 4GB microSD card and it seems to run fine. In order to get the proper US maps, I executed the "CNNANT2008Update_ENU" file from within the "instal dir" directory of "Garmin MapSource City Navigator North America NT 2008" and then used the mapsource application I downloaded from Garmin to import the map details of the states I wanted to load.

The only issue I am encountering thus far is that the voice directions don't work. Is there a separate voice application that must be imported?

Additionally, I used the executables and directions from the following URL to load the initial Garmin application to my PPC ...

http://jinxinlove.blogspot.com/2007/12/garmin-mobile-xt-with-non-garmin.html

gman8966

Jan 4, 2008
Is there anyway to save my custom locations I have entered into the phone? Every time I flash a new rom I lose them because I don't know what files to backup.

misi2096

May 7, 2007
Is there anyway to save my custom locations I have entered into the phone? Every time I flash a new rom I lose them because I don't know what files to backup.

Yes you can. In XT go to Tools >> My Data (or Manage my data, my Garmin isn't english) then in the bottom right corner there will be a button which says Manage (or sth. similar), there you can export your data.

A file called current.gpx will be created (overwritten if already existing) in the folder SD:\Garmin\GPX

save the file to the computer and when you reinstall Garmin just copy it to the GPX folder and it will be imported the next time you start the app. (if not, or if the data was not imported well / completely - cause sadly there is no feedback window which would report what was really imported, so you have to ensure it) go to the Tools >> Manage my data >> Manage (right softkey) and then Import.

Suggestion: delete the current.GPX before you export your data, cause sometimes this can mess up the process!

koilmaker

Dec 22, 2007
I don't know how to create the gpsmapupp.img file from mapsource.
When I select map files to transfer to gps, all I can do is :
- save file set as mps or gdb file (which is not the actual map)
or
- transfer maps to GPS (which only transfers to real Garmin GPS)

how can I get the gpsmapupp.img file from City Navigator Map ?

Anyone have any luck with this?

travissand

May 19, 2009
Hilo
I see a lot of people looking for there SD card Device Id. Here is a way to find it using Garmin mobile xt. To get the device ID. On the PPC run Garmin, tap on settings then on about. See the divce ID. Write this down, or just leave it open. it is your Unit ID, thats the ID number of the SD card in your PPC. And it does not change unless you change the memory card.