[WM6.1/WM6.5.x]«HERMANN» | RELEASED ROMs: WM6.1 v3.0, WM6.5.0 v3.2

Search This thread

Simonas0

Mar 16, 2011
Vilnius
WM6.5 for T830

Files from WM6.1 beta X for T830 are here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=80e3d365536d78aa&resid=80E3D365536D78AA!512&parid=root

What I want (something like that):
1. Copy SYS and OEM folders from your WM6.5 to New Folder;
2. Copy XIP from T830's WM6.1 to New Folder\ROM;
3. Copy drivers from OEM_Driver to right direction (I don't know where it will be);
4. G'Reloc.exe the .VM folder (I found in internet that G'Reloc don't work with WM6.5, so you know better how to do identical action:));
5. BuildOS.exe.

If you have no time, please upload New Folder, but if you want, you can do all to the end.

Following instructions:
6. Copy MDOC.DIO to New Folder;
7. imgfsfromdump imgfs-in.bin imgfs-new.bin;
8. imgfstonb imgfs-new.bin MDOC.DIO os-new.nb0;
9. copy os-new.nb0 MDOC.DIO (it's command line);
10. Upload new MDOC.DIO.

Thank you very much! :)

Last edited:

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
well, what can i say einstein?, ive been trying your wm6.5.0 rom with the android ui(only the clock,icons, and homescreen plus plus ,not the top bar)and it feels really comfortable and looks awesome, the reason why ive always prefered the 6.1 roms its because they felt more reliable but i got to say, your rom feels really reliable, its fast and has given me no problem so far, it runs moon gba at fullspeed and you managed to put the side buttons menus while replacing the green button menu to stop the white square glitch, as sad as it is im changing my treo for a new phone but ill keep my treo as my trusty one.

razvann

Jun 25, 2009
It's incredible to have the creator of this ROM here with us, answering our questions!

I have reports of very low mic gain on my 750 (Hermann 6.1 v3.0). Hardware is fine (rubber thingy is clean).
I have a registry editor, but do not know which keys must be changed. Any idea?

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Files from WM6.1 beta X for T830 are here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=80e3d365536d78aa&resid=80E3D365536D78AA!512&parid=root

What I want (something like that):
1. Copy SYS and OEM folders from your WM6.5 to New Folder;
2. Copy XIP from T830's WM6.1 to New Folder;
3. Copy OEM_Driver to right direction (I don't know where it will be);
4. G'Reloc.exe the .VM folder (I found in internet that G'Reloc don't work with WM6.5, so you know better how to do identical action:));
5. BuildOS.exe.

If you have no time, please upload New Folder, but if you want, you can do all to the end.

Following instructions:
6. Copy MDOC.DIO to New Folder;
7. imgfsfromdump imgfs-in.bin imgfs-new.bin;
8. imgfstonb imgfs-new.bin MDOC.DIO os-new.nb0;
9. copy os-new.nb0 MDOC.DIO (it's command line);
10. Upload new MDOC.DIO.

Thank you very much! :)

Well, I'll give it a try. No guarantee's though, I've never done this cooking style before :eek:

well, what can i say einstein?, ive been trying your wm6.5.0 rom with the android ui(only the clock,icons, and homescreen plus plus ,not the top bar)and it feels really comfortable and looks awesome, the reason why ive always prefered the 6.1 roms its because they felt more reliable but i got to say, your rom feels really reliable, its fast and has given me no problem so far, it runs moon gba at fullspeed and you managed to put the side buttons menus while replacing the green button menu to stop the white square glitch, as sad as it is im changing my treo for a new phone but ill keep my treo as my trusty one.
Yep, my Treo is still that second phone in addition to my Epix. In fact, I still miss the d-pad.

By the way, I've been testing a Hermann V3.0 WM6.5.3 build that can disable/enable the Windows Start icon on the bottom bar. Perhaps you would like that?

It's incredible to have the creator of this ROM here with us, answering our questions!

I have reports of very low mic gain on my 750 (Hermann 6.1 v3.0). Hardware is fine (rubber thingy is clean).
I have a registry editor, but do not know which keys must be changed. Any idea?

Have you tried the "Micrphone AGC" setting in the System settings? (Start->Settings->System) That doubles the microphone input on the Treo.

Other than that, that's all I know of for fixing it via software. If it's a hardware problem..... maybe there's dirt covering the mic. Mine had a lot of dirt, in fact, every port at the bottom of the phone had dirt :p

razvann

Jun 25, 2009
Have you tried the "Micrphone AGC" setting in the System settings? (Start->Settings->System) That doubles the microphone input on the Treo.

Other than that, that's all I know of for fixing it via software. If it's a hardware problem..... maybe there's dirt covering the mic. Mine had a lot of dirt, in fact, every port at the bottom of the phone had dirt :p

Tried AGC, no joy. Probably the max gain is the same low, the software just adjusts between that and really low...

I have moved the board of an unlocked Treo 750 in the near-perfect case of a locked 750V, and so the opportunity arised for a general cleanup with isopropyl alcohol and a toothbrush, followed by a hot-air bath to ensure proper soldering. So the mic is clean. I have found on some threads directions to certain registry keys that can amp-up mic and speaker gain (kinda like VolumeCare software for Palm OS), but my OS does not have those specific keys. I will ask there. Thanks!

Last edited:

Samueldw

Jul 26, 2011
Nijmegen
I finally got a new battery for my palm treo. Now, i'm going to try one of your roms. Which one would you recommmend?
One of my parrents is using it as mobile phone so it has to be stable, fast and good ;P

And bubble breaker must be present. Kind of addicted you could say :(

JorgeMontano

Dec 14, 2011
hi Samueldw,

I could recommend you the ROM V3.2 Herman Series, I think its the coolest ROM for your Palm Treo 750. Don't forget to install the last patch for that ROM if you don't want to miss calls when ringer is off :p.

Kind Regards,
-Jorge

JorgeMontano

Dec 14, 2011
Have you also tested the 6.1 version? Normaly, they are faster and more stable.

Yep, and I like more the ROM 3.2 Version with Win Mo 6.5.0. It has a cool start menu and almost every option is finger friendly touch version, no stylus needed anymore.

Also tested the Win Mo 6.5.3, but its not stable and reliable as the 6.5.0 version (ROM 3.2).

Hope that helps you to decide :).

Kind Regards,
-Jorge

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
I finally got a new battery for my palm treo. Now, i'm going to try one of your roms. Which one would you recommmend?
One of my parrents is using it as mobile phone so it has to be stable, fast and good ;P

And bubble breaker must be present. Kind of addicted you could say :(

Hi Samuel, it's been a while.

I would recommend 2 of my ROMs for your parents, 1st is WM6.1 version 3.0:

-Very fast.
-Has more RAM available (in case your parents don't completely close applications)
-Has more storage available.

But WM6.1 is best for a power user. For your parents I would recommend WM6.5.0 version 3.2 because:

-Very user friendly
-Finger friendly
-Does not have Activesync open every time

BubbleBreaker is in both of those ROMs, and both ROMs are stable (no memory leaks), a working Camera and Bluetooth functionality, and both ROMs are practically bug-free (that I could handle instead of Palm). Don't forget the Ringer patch, and enjoy :)

Reactions: Samueldw

Samueldw

Jul 26, 2011
Nijmegen
Thanks,

This weekend I will try the WM6.5.0 rom. Many thanks for still supporting and developing custom roms. I own a HP ipaq 614C but the support isn't that great. A shame cause it is a very nice PDA.

The problem was really my battery. The PCB was faulty. With the new battery everything works correct and the treo shows the right battery status. Pretty happy with that.

JorgeMontano

Dec 14, 2011
Hi einsteinecker, about your ROM for Win Mo 6.5.3, how can I turn the taskbar to the bottom, right now is on the top of the screen, and is overlaid with icons of opened programs, could you please give me an advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-Jorge

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Good to see your battery is okay Samuel ;)

Hi einsteinecker, about your ROM for Win Mo 6.5.3, how can I turn the taskbar to the bottom, right now is on the top of the screen, and is overlaid with icons of opened programs, could you please give me an advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
-Jorge

Hmm, I'm not sure it's possible to switch the taskbar to the bottom. WM6.5.3 is specifically designed to have the layout that way.

If you are asking on how to remove the opened program icons on the top, that is an option in xTask, which can be disabled (go to Settings, and uncheck "Show Icons")

Samueldw

Jul 26, 2011
Nijmegen
Great! I realy love your work, and you're still helping us with problems. I bought you a beer :p

The only thing that does not work well is the vibrate on ringer switch patch. My treo now vibrates when the ringer switch is set to silent and he doesn't vibrate when it is set to sound.
So it seems that the patch doesn't work for me. I do not realy care, so that's not a problem.

Last edited:

JorgeMontano

Dec 14, 2011
Hi einsteinecker, what I really mean is that I installed the V2.3 Hermann Finger and it does not look like the picture below, it is displayed like the V3.2 with WinMo 6.5.0 version, but with the overlaid of open programs, BTW thanks for the tip on how to disabled.

HermannFinger.jpg

Kind Regards,
-Jorge

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Great! I realy love your work, and you're still helping us with problems. I bought you a beer :p

The only thing that does not work well is the vibrate on ringer switch patch. My treo now vibrates when the ringer switch is set to silent and he doesn't vibrate when it is set to sound.
So it seems that the patch doesn't work for me. I do not realy care, so that's not a problem.

Thanks for beer :D

About the ringer switch, I detailed the problems in this post, the reason why it's buggy is because it is reversed, what we were used to "off" is now "on", and vice versa. Weird bug, but I cannot fix that because it is Palm's dll that controls the ringer switch.

But if that still doesn't work, hmm, maybe one last fix, if I can cook a new ROM with the patch built-in, maybe it will work.
Hi einsteinecker, what I really mean is that I installed the V2.3 Hermann Finger and it does not look like the picture below, it is displayed like the V3.2 with WinMo 6.5.0 version, but with the overlaid of open programs, BTW thanks for the tip on how to disabled.

HermannFinger.jpg

Kind Regards,
-Jorge

Ah, I think you mean the theme. Unfortunately I deleted that version off my hard drive, so I am downloading that from my link so I can test it again. But if you mean the theme (the dark brown colors), I think I removed it because it was a theme for WM6.5.0, it wasn't compatible with WM6.5.3.

einsteinecker

Oct 13, 2007
Well folks, I have to announce the end of all Treo development, due to my Treo finally dying after its 2nd replacement keyboard (I really typed the heck out of that thing :p)

The final ROM that I wanted to make was the removal of Microsoft MyPhone and Marketplace, as you all know Microsoft shut down both services, rendering those parts of the phone worthless.

But, I guess as long as you don't tap on those icons, it's fine right? :D

I want to thank everyone for their wonderful bug reporting, I tell you all now, I would not have even noticed those bugs if it weren't for your inputs.

Would this be Palm's final encore for the Treo750? I think so, we all kept it alive 5 years after its release :D Well, with Palm having been bought by HP, and then dissolved, I gotta say this was a very interesting run for me, and I once again thank you all for your support.

Thanks again, folks!

JorgeMontano

Dec 14, 2011
Thank you!

Thanks to you einsteinecker!!, I've found your ROMs very useful and practical.

Kind Regards,
-Jorge

Samueldw

Jul 26, 2011
Nijmegen
When is the memorial service for your treo? It was a good fellow. :crying:

I want to thank you for your support. You are the only one I know who has kept up developing roms that long.
And as long my treo works, I will appreciate your work. :D

Are you going to develop a rom for another device?

Grtz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hermannseries.png
    I must stress that your phone must be HARDSPL'ed in order to flash my ROMs. Also, read this post for updated flashing instructions.

THIS ROM IS ENGLISH WWE ONLY and don't forget to backup your various info (contacts, documents, etc). Users of Palm Messaging can backup their SMS messages by looking for "PalmMsgV001" in the windows folder. Unfortunately, reading this file can only be done with Palm Messaging, so copy/paste anything of importance before flashing.

Special note: Bluetooth file sharing now works GUARANTEED in all 2.5 and up ROMs, and remember that the "receive all beams" option in the Infrared settings is on by default, if you don't use Bluetooth don't forget to turn this off.

V3.2 Hermann Classic

HermannClassic.jpg

Version 3.0 updates:
    -Please refer to this post regarding changes.
    -The stuff you know from Version 2.5 is still in, but with complete bug fixes.
    -No more "BASE" or "Full" ROMs.
    -Storage is low because ROM is XPR compressed for AltKeys.
    -ROM is designed to work with toxic's Android UI packs (Not fully tested)
    -Symbols SIP added in case Alt Keys does not work. This can be accessed via the "up" arrow beside the SIP keyboard icon when the SIP is active.
    Version 3.1 update:
    -Sped up image processing on the device.
    --This boost in image processing brings a significant overall boost to the device's operation, including faster camera image capturing, JPEG viewing, and perhaps a boost to the 2D graphics rendering on the device (over 100 points boost over non-Hermann ROMs in SKTools graphics benchmark), making emulators such as MoonGBA able to play games like Megaman Battle network 95% speed (frameskip 1, no sound due to slow cpu)
    -Fixed fatal Camera launching bug.
    Version 3.2 updates:
    -Hopefully I finally fixed the fatal Camera bug.
    -Fixed missing "USB to PC" setting.
    -Fixed Windows Live, am able to log into my Live account. (Don't forget to check your APN in "Connection" settings)
    -PATCH: Want to enable the Ringer Switch at the top of the Treo to vibrate when you receive a call? Read this post.
    -Themes: Want the rest of the default WM6.5 themes? Click here.
    DOWNLOAD 3.2 ROM (Do not forget to soft reset the device after "Device Customization" finishes!)
    __________________________|
    DOWNLOAD 2.4 ROM
    Version 2.4 features:
    --I gave Fjtor's kitchen a try
    --Start Menu at the top
    --First Treo750 ROM to utilize Bepe's Big Storage
    --As I promised, HTC's 21889 Build is used for Fast Stable use
    --Bluetooth file sharing ready
    --BASE ROM is a bare ROM, great for users who want to install their own stuff
    --Consumer ROM has basic stuff to get you started, such as Marketplace, Windows Live, Ringtones, xTask, and others

V2.3 Hermann Finger

HermannFinger.jpg

2.3 Updates:
    -Fixed ringer notification bug
    DOWNLOAD ROM
    ___________________________|

DOWNLOAD ROM
    ___________________________|

Features:
    --These are primarily experimental ROMs.
    --Start Menu at the bottom.
    --Also cooked using Fjtor's kitchen
    --Also utilizing Big Storage.
    --Build 29007 is used here
    --Bluetooth file sharing ready
    --BASE ROM is a bare ROM, great for users who want to install their own stuff
    --Consumer ROM has basic stuff to get you started, such as Marketplace, Windows Live, Ringtones, xTask, and others

UPDATED PACKAGES February 29 2012:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?57nedd9e7i131fr

Attached to this post is the 4-row Start Menu grid settings unique to the Hermann series of ROMs, so now you too can have more icons onscreen! Instructions are in the .txt files in the archive.

<<<<<<<<<<<---WM6.1 HERMANN--->>>>>>>>>>>

wm61welcomehead.png

The best WM6.1 ROM you will ever see for the Treo :)
    Version 3.0 updates:
    -Please refer to this post regarding changes.
    -The stuff you know from Version 2.5 is still in, but with complete bug fixes.
    -No more TouchFlo because the ROM is already finger-scrolling enabled.
    -XPR compressed
    note: Popup menu font too big? Read this post on how to change it.
    note: Unable to set USB cable settings? Read this post on how to fix it.
    PATCH: Want to enable the Ringer Switch at the top of the Treo to vibrate when you receive a call? Read this post.
    DOWNLOAD 3.0 ROM (Do not forget to soft reset the device after "Device Customization" finishes!)
    An early christmas present for all

ROM's have been uploaded, posts 1, 2, and 3 have been updated. Enjoy, and if you can, donate, if not, hitting the Thanks button is fine I guess.

By the way, did you know that it's possible to have Manual Focus for the Treo's camera? Yes, it does actually work, and I'll show more later! :D

I forgot to add, do post here whatever problems you encounter. With as many WM programs as there are, I of course have no idea if they all work on my builds. I also do not have the Spectec Wifi card, so I don't even know if that will work on my builds. I am interested to know if it works.
    Nice work!!!

--Build 23563 specific MS Office has 2 shortcuts. For some reason it puts OneNote in another MS Office folder. Programs still work though.

Review your office provisioning xml files maybe you are using OneNote from previous build as with new office 2010 onenote is included with the "OFFICE" package.

--Build 21901 specific "Phone" icon in start menu does nothing. A WM6.5 Control Panel redirect issue (does not redirect to Palm setting), Phone settings can be accessed through the today screen Right softkey.

The phonecanvas from Treo 750 is incompatible with WM6.5 phone packages remove the BHO from the registry and delete it's files.
    I managed to get the camera to work using files and not modules (as I prefer using safe and stable releases as the ones coming from the device emulator wich do not contain the %%Modules version of any package) it doesn't seem to be that highly related but I still with the lack of an SD card working.

And about the sip for me it doesn't work with all apps (i.e.: MSO)

Hmm I see. What build/Language are you working on? If it's the Spanish one, then I'll drop my plans for that. I'm really interested in working on a better WM6.5.0 version.

Currently I am using Mietas romhdr.bin as you said before you used and the defaul .VM and .ROM.
    Could you open your .VM with G'Reloc and tell me your values??

I mentioned in the second post, I'm not using anything from Mietas, apparently going by Modules instead of Files, disabling Titanium (although now I know why it doesn't work), and applying the today plugins is what ultimately worked. I checked the files and everything is from Palm's WM6 build.

Now, since I'm rather new to all this, I never used G'reloc, and using it it gave me an error of the missing .VM folder and imageinfo.bin. Obviously, I can't create a .VM folder, so I took one from Nav and put the .VM file I currently use in the folder. this is what it now tells me:

Slot 0: 01FA0000
    Slot 1: 03E00000
    Size of Rom: 83A00000
    Unknown: 00000000
    I see, so it is pulling your location from the cell tower, since in no way does my ROMs initiate an automated data connection to the internet.

A little explanation. In my ROMs I left the Carrier Package that contains the numbered listing of carriers around the world. I believe this helps in things like diffrentiating between available carriers within your country, which one allows roaming, and I believe it also helps in the auto time-zone setting. If your wireless carrier supports Network Time, if enabled, the Treo changes time accordingly to your network and time zone.

My guess is this is where your weather is coming from; I think they call it Location Based Services. But if I am guessing this right, programs like S2U pull data from a server, requiring a data connection. At least, this is what the HD2 did with Sense 2.1 when I had it. How to get S2U to get non-web based info, either needs to be programmed by the developer, or perhaps it can point to a key in the registry.

I'll be honest though, I never tried S2U. I think it's time I do, since it seems to be a long running popular program.