CyanogenMod 9 ICS for Captivate Q&A(Unofficial)

Search This thread

mrpiter

Aug 20, 2011
Hi guys. Just a quick question. I cannot send any .apk file over the bluetooth. I can send pictures or text files but not .apks. I get the error message in the upper bar: content isn't supported. Any ideas?

DR650SE

Mar 12, 2012
Hey guys? I'm very new to this flashing stuff. But I had a friend walk me through it. My question is this. Where do I find themes? I'm looking for some slick/sleek themes. My problem is I'm not sure what's compatible. Here is what I'm running right now.

Sent from my Samsung Captivate/ICS CM9 via Tapatalk.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348350284635.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348350284635.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 179

momchil88

Jan 19, 2011
cm9 with icy glitch - sd card not mounted error

The Hello folks, everything has been working out perfectly, flashed semaphore kernel with cm9, and it was a fairytale, untill iswitched to icy glitch kernel. Now the phone doesn't recognize my sdcard and I can't flash back the semaphore kernel as the card is unmounted. I've read some threads on this. But I can't understand any of the explanatioms given there. Could someone help me?!

uhm

Mar 29, 2011
Hi, I flashed CM9 from CM7. Everything looks blue. It's almost as if back light is dark blue instead of white. I did some research and found that some other folks also have run into this situation. It is supposed to be related to using Nexus S Framebuffer in the Kernel. Does anyone know of a possible fix for this problem? Thanks in advance for any help that may be extended to resolve this issue.

I have i897 but found a video on youtube for i9000 with the same problem:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMStfVEOo6c

Last edited:

Thuneau

Sep 27, 2010
Sorry if this is something obvious that I'm missing. But, I installed the latest stable 9.1 and everything seems to be working fine, except I can't uncheck the default keyboard. I installed Swype Beta and can see it and put a check mark next to it in the settings, but I can't figure out how to actually use it. Is it a ICS thing? In GB I could just hold down the text field and change the input method. But that doesn't work for me in ICS.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out. It's in the notification bar every time I'm in text input mode.

Last edited:

darkazcura

Jul 28, 2012
I hope someone sees this and answers...my girlfriend's Captivate turns off randomly now. It's had the last stable rom of CyanogenMod 9 installed onto it for a few days and has probably turned itself off 5-7 times. I feel bad because she went home, and I had no time to try to fix it. I have no idea where to start.

wooties

Apr 16, 2007
SLC, Utah
ryanhawley.com
I hope someone sees this and answers...my girlfriend's Captivate turns off randomly now. It's had the last stable rom of CyanogenMod 9 installed onto it for a few days and has probably turned itself off 5-7 times. I feel bad because she went home, and I had no time to try to fix it. I have no idea where to start.

I'm having the same problem with a co-worker's captivate. I'm going to try installing different Radios but can't find a clear source for best radios as it seems the map isn't showing me any data for the mid-west (Utah): http://soggycashew.weebly.com/modem-location-map.html

ppenguinn

Nov 26, 2012
I flashed cm9 to cm10, everything work well, but NO WIFI. I try to flash other modem ( soggycashew.weebly.com/cm7miui--ics-modems.html) but no luck. Can you guys help me solve this problem, I really like Jelly Bean:silly::silly:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is for the support of CM9 ICS release by CyanogenMod

This is NOT an official CyanogenMod thread, and isn't officially supported by CyanogenMod or Teamhacksung.

This thread is designed to help keep the dev thread clean and clear for the dev's to do their magic. So please feel free to ask any questions about the ROM, but flaming will not give great results and will be reported

The main CyanogenMod CM9 ROM thread is HERE

The Nightlies can be found here

GAAPS can be found here
    Look for 'gaaps-ics-********-signed.zip'

Modems for ICS:
    http://soggycashew.weebly.com/cm7miui--ics-modems.html
    Modem Coverage Map:
    http://soggycashew.weebly.com/modem-location-map.html
    ONLY USE THE MODEMS MADE FOR CM7/Miui/ICS.

Give the ROM thread and this one a good read before you post, you may find the answer is already available. Keep in mind that each device may behave slightly different, so YMMV

People have found different ways to successfully install, and it works for them, but their method may not work for everyone. So it is highly suggested to follow the method recommended by the developers.

This is copied directly from the dev OP:

"-First time flashing ICS to your Captivate (or coming from another ROM)?

1. Root your device and install ClockworkMod Recovery.
    2. Reboot into Recovery using 3-button-combo
    3. Do a Nandroid backup!
    4. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    5. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    6. Optionally install the Google Addon
    7. WIPE again or Calendar Sync will not work

-Upgrading from CM7?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. WIPE (wipe data/factory reset + wipe cache partition)
    3. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    4. Optionally install the Google Addon

-Upgrading from another CM9 (or teamhacksung) Build?
    1. Do a Nandroid Backup!
    2. Install the ROM from internal sdcard using ClockworkMod Recovery
    3. Optionally install the Google Addon

Note: The upgrade process from CM7 to ICS is automatic, but downgrading from ICS to CM7 (or restoring Nandroid) requires flashing twice. Once from ICS and again from CM7's recovery."

FAQ

The FAQ is available on Teamhacksung's Wiki. Please read before asking any questions and please feel free to edit it.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9000:Frequently_Asked_Questions

Known Issues

Please check the list of known issues before reporting bugs.

http://teamhacksung.org/wiki/index.php/Experimental:GT-I9000:Known_issues

Reporting Bugs

You are allowed to report bugs ONLY in the Development thread. Before reporting a bug, please make sure you are running as stock as possible. This means no custom kernel, no custom framework modification, etc. If you are using any of the above modifications, please flash the rom again to get rid of the modifications before reporting.
    Grab a logcat right after the problem has occurred.
    If it is a random reboot, grab /proc/last_kmsg. (Do not bother getting a logcat unless you can get it just before the reboot. A logcat after a reboot is useless)
    Remember to provide as much info as possible. The more info you provide, the more likely that the bug will be solved. The following is a useful format to follow.

Thanks to the entire CyanogenMod Team for creating their magic for our aging Captivates!
    Ok, so before flashing Build 15 I decided to check out the other ICS rom out here (rc4) just for funzies. Turns out not a great idea. Flashed the rom and it su decides to deny every permission required app. Its up to date too, whatever I didnt want to deal with it and decided to flash back b15 (yes I followed instructions from OP) but I get an error:
    getprop("ro.product.board") == captivate
    E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
    (Status 7)
    Installation Aborted.

According to google, some say status 7 is an out-dated CWM Recovery I think. Well, I thot I dont mind going back to stock and then working my back to ICS but the new ClockWorkMod app is weird. It says it doesnt support Captivate (MTD) and to use the already installed recovery which I wouldnt have if I go back to stock, right?

A little confused, hopefully somebody can throw some advice my way. Oh btw, I can still flash the RC4 file thru recovery without error.

Just flash this kernel reverter/kernel cleaner, then BEFORE you reboot flash the THS CM9 and it will NOT give you tje get prop error.
    The error bappens because once you flashed the other ics it makes you phone read as a i9000. NO NEED TO FLASH STOCK. http://db.tt/o1IOmK4d

EDIT: Just noticed you got it working. Just keep tjis kernel reverter handy and it will get you past those get prop issues kn the future for cm9.

Sent From My KickAss ATT SGS2 SPORTING CM7
    I have been running ICS port from Teamhacksung since beta three and have had no issues with it at all, guess I am one of the lucky ones. When flashed b13 all was great and then I got Sleep of Death the next morning. I flashed Glitch Kernel and all was solved. But Glitch is Glitchy. LOL. Well I am on b14 now testing it and this morning was Sleep Of Death. I dont want to flash Glitch because the stock Kernal is pretty sweet. Does anybody have an Idea why it is doing this and if there is a cure? This only takes place when plugged into a A/C adapter not to my PC.
    Thanks for the help.

The charge death problem could be due to a hot battery. Is the phone warm/hot to the touch when it first dies? The wall charger charges the phone faster by supplying a higher voltage. This can cause the battery to get hotter than charging at a lower voltage. The battery in our Captivates is designed to stop charging if it gets too warm. Based on recent evidence, it appears that at least on the teamhacksung ICS ROM, it may also be causing the phone to "die." The battery shut down feature is to protect the phone and you from the battery starting a fire (such as has happened with some iPhone's recently).

If your battery is overheating, there are two potential causes. The first is that your charger/cable may have issues and need to be replaced. I have read of at least one person solving the charge death problem by replacing their charger. The other cause could be the battery itself. As the battery ages, it becomes less efficient and it is possible that it is getting hotter when charging now than it did when it was new. If this is the case, a new battery could solve the problem.

edit: To clarify, you mention that your problem only happens when charging on the A/C charger. This means you have a charge death, not a sleep death. People who have sleep death have their phone die when not using it (and not charging it). Sleep death is a completely different problem that is frequently fixed by changing the lowest clock setting to a higher speed (200 - 400 Mhz) or increasing the minimum voltage at the lowest clock speeds.

The sleep death is a recognized problem by AT&T and Samsung which caused them to replace phones that have the issue in Nov/Dec 2010. A update was released around that time that provided a software "fix" for the sleep death. It is theorized that the software fix was an increase in speed or voltage (or both) to prevent sleep death.
    Was wondering if anyone was having any wireless download speed problems? I am currently getting 200kbps down and 4.5mb upload (huge difference, obviously).

Running stock everything on build 15 with no kind of wireless fixing applications installed.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Take a look at a new modem. You can find one here
    Also, take a look here There is a map that can give you some ideas as to which modem works (according to other users) in your area
    On build 12, Gapps v7.1: I'm getting ""App x" could not be downloaded due to an error. (-101)". I've tried clearing the market's data, but no change. Any ideas to fix this?

Thought I'd share what fixed my issue, in case it helps someone else...

- removed my Google account from accounts menu
    - re-added my account
    - reboot
    - issue solved, and no need to flash the fixer

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium