[ROM][AOSP][4.0.4][CDMA] Gummy 1.2.0 - 05/10/12

Search This thread

Stephen.k.spear

Jul 12, 2011
West Palm Beach
it's been said before, for whatever reason this phone lags a lot on the first boot of gummy. just deal with it, let it sync, install your apps, etc and give it at least 20 minutes of use and a reboot and make sure everything is synced and whatnot before coming here to complain. the lag will go away, dunno why it's there in the first place but it's a one time thing.

Sent from my AOKP SCH-i500

^^^^^^That^^^^^^^ It does go away. I promise.

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
it's been said before, for whatever reason this phone lags a lot on the first boot of gummy. just deal with it, let it sync, install your apps, etc and give it at least 20 minutes of use and a reboot and make sure everything is synced and whatnot before coming here to complain. the lag will go away, dunno why it's there in the first place but it's a one time thing.

Sent from my AOKP SCH-i500

I wasn't complaining, trying to provide relevant information on a significant update to this rom, sorry if anything I said sounded like that.

atomD21

Apr 16, 2011
Ohio
I've found that with my phone, about half an hour after the first boot, if I reboot to recovery, wipe cache and fix permissions, everything is much smoother from then on out.

avhokie

Dec 16, 2007
^^^^^^That^^^^^^^ It does go away. I promise.

I'm going to wipe and try again. I did try AOKP 28 this morning and it was fast right from the start. But it does have the volume changing bug which makes it a no go for me. BTW, am I the only one with the volume changing bug? I see lots of people using AOKP...do people just deal with that bug?

cell2011

Apr 11, 2011
charleston wv
Got it i just installed Glitch no need for wiping dalvik worked fine. Could v6 supercharger benefit at all with this rom?

Last edited:

ksbc616

Dec 15, 2010
I'm getting bootloop I think. I was coming from GB and I followed the step was provided from op. This was my step

I installed THS2 then I did 3 wipes (data, cache, and dalvik) then I installed the rom but getting the bootloop I see samsung logo then I see some words with android for 1 sec then samsung logo again.

Any solution?

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I'm getting bootloop I think. I was coming from GB and I followed the step was provided from op. This was my step

I installed THS2 then I did 3 wipes (data, cache, and dalvik) then I installed the rom but getting the bootloop I see samsung logo then I see some words with android for 1 sec then samsung logo again.

Any solution?

Did you let THS boot?

FDro

Oct 10, 2010
On the ICS lockscreen are the stars supposed to be replaced by the app icons once I set them(and enable custom app icons). Or is this something that is still being worked out?
Thanks for the rom btw, its running smoothly now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    GUMMY, Eating Poptarts and ****ing rainbows!!

downloadei.png

Due to the upgrade to android 4.0.4 we are recommending that everyone do a full data-wipe on this release

Team Gummy:
    • Kejar31 - Primary Developer and Project lead
    • Syaoran12 - Developer
    • Mobile_Sensei - Developer
    • Atesc - Developer
    • Sixstringsg - Developer
    • Stevespear426 - Developer
    • TKGlitch - Kernel Dev
    • PoiTEE - Forum support guru
    • Daank - Wallpapers and artwork
    Info:Notes:
    • We are no longer supporting our own Gapps.. instead we ask that you use the Gapps found at Goo-Inside.me
    • YOU MUST UNCHECK ANY OVERCLOCK UNDERVOLT BOOT UP OPTIONS YOU HAVE SET BEFORE INSTALLING
    Features:
    • AOSP build based on 4.0.4 compiled by me
    • Performance Settings - Credit CM / Jrummy16 / Kejar31 / Stevespear426
    • GUI manageable init.d scripts tweaks - Credit Jrummy16 / Kejar31
    • Customisable SystemUI tweaks - credit Xoomdev / Syaoran12 / Kejar31
    • Battery % always available in the lockscreen (now with the option to turn on and off) - Credit Syaoran12
    • Faster rotation initiation - Credit XoomDev / Kejar31
    • T9 Dialer - Credit CM
    • Quad Lockscreen with open customizable seats, AOSP Lockecreens and Rings Lockscreens
    • Customizable battery icons options ( Hide, miui, stock, fat battery with %, side bar with % and circle)
    • Softkeys can be turned on and off(only for G-Nex)
    • LED settings - credit Romanbb
    • ApexLauncher - credit Android Does
    • Pulldown Widgets - credit - CM
    • Quiet Times - credit - CM
    • Automatic Backlight - credit - CM
    • OI FileManager (compiled with the ICS SDK)
    • Softkey Mod and settings - Credit XoomDev / Icons - WJD Designs
    • FaceBook contact sync - Credit Roman
    • AOSP Wifi tether enabled
    • Busybox
    • Su and Superuser apk - Credit ChainsDD
    • Android Term - Credit jackpal
    • Stk
    • Livewallpapers compiled and included
    • Custom Gummy live wallpaper
    • Boot Animations sounds - credit team Bamf
    • AppWidgetPicker - credit boombuler
    • Rom Toolbox - Jrummy16
    • Root Browser - Jrummy16
    • All png's are optimized during build via CM script and PNG Crunch
    • Compcache support
    What’s not working:
    • nothing :)
    ChangeLog ROM:
    • <0.7.6
    1. Removed from the changelog to save space
    1. ApexLauncher .7 - credit Android Does
    2. Full list of new features can be found here
    1. Full list of new features can be found here
    1. Full list of new features can be found here
    1. updated to Glitch Big Ram Kernel
    2. Full list of new features can be found here
    Credit / Thanks:
    • Birdman and co for releasing his Rootz Boat which I used as a guide to get this up and going without his initial hard work there is no way I would have had this up an running in two days
    • ChainsDD for su and superuser
    • Xoomdev for all his assistance and answering my stupid questions :p
    • RomanBB for all his help and assistance
    • CyanogenMod for all they do and the way they make everything available to all of us
    • Goo-Inside.me for hosting our files
    • Android Does, for letting us use their launcher in our ROM
    Install:
    • Download the ROM
    • Download Gapps
    • adb reboot recovery
    • wipe data in CWM
    • install ROM
    • install gapps
    • reboot
    FilesAdd-ons:
    • None ATM
    Updates / Fixes:
    • None ATM
    Donate:
    Cool I really hope you guys like the builds :)

Steve busted his butt trying to get everything working for you.. He is an asset to your community
    Cool I really hope you guys like the builds :)

Steve busted his butt trying to get everything working for you.. He is an asset to your community

I'm blushing... :eek:
    http://goo-inside.me/devs/TeamGummy/Roms/Mesmerize

http://goo-inside.me/devs/TeamGummy/Roms/Showcase

I made device trees for you mez and show users you now how official Gummy support. :)

Updated OP for Gummy 0.9.0 tons of new feature I recommend checking it out.
    Kejar31 had a tweeted a link last week with a Gummy 1.2.1, that I downloaded on tab or phone or PC and CAN'T find lol...
    Was that with a new kernel?

DROID DOES, Apple did...like I forgot when

Kejar doesn't typically tweet about the SGS devices. Also last week (depending on what day) linaro wasn't implemented iirc.

Also to everyone: nightlies should start back up again very soon, sorry they've been down. I've been migrating servers around, and re-doing the build system. Good news: I now have two new servers that build in 10 minutes from clobber, so that's good.