(ROM)12/9 Bertiespeed TW JB (TELUS Based)

Search This thread

nk_blu

Apr 28, 2010
I found the latest version of Google Play Music to have really really bad wakelock, like my phone is virtually never in deep sleep mode. I got it uninstalled and battery life is "normal" now. I mean "normal", as in, not any different from ICS.

Google Now wakes my phone often to fetch network location, but that doesn't tax my battery too badly

bertiespeed

Dec 27, 2011
Ontario
Next release should be here this weekend :good:

Code:
V1.3 
release # 1.3.1 -IN TESTING-Comming soon 
unsecure kernel
init.d support 
4.1.2 tw gallery. same as note 2
Nexus 4 wallpapers added
Battery tweaks
Performance tweaks
Removed some bloat

Reactions: mixxy and nk_blu

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
Next release should be here this weekend :good:

Code:
V1.3 
release # 1.3.1 -IN TESTING-Comming soon 
unsecure kernel
init.d support 
4.1.2 tw gallery. same as note 2
Nexus 4 wallpapers added
Battery tweaks
Performance tweaks
Removed some bloat

Can't wait. I did a full wipe and clean start as I said i would, and now im not getting any wake-locks. 20 hours on battery with minimal use, but still 79% battery left. Great stuff. Thanks bertie. Also, im using the theme by david dee for the blue 15 toggles and its working flawlessly for those waiting to pull the trigger.

Reactions: bertiespeed

bertiespeed

Dec 27, 2011
Ontario
Version 1.3 Released Download in second post :good:

Code:
V1.3 
release # 1.3.4
insecure LK3 at&t kernel
init.d support 
4.1.2 tw gallery same as note 2
Nexus 4 wallpapers added .*Note* One small .png  i forgot so thumbnail preview is incorect but wallpaper is there.
Battery tweaks
Performance tweaks
Removed some bloat
15 toggles all thanks to M0d1441 and Wanam

Last edited:
Reactions: 1sagain and saj222

zecstone

Jun 10, 2006
Montreal
Version 1.3 Released Download in second post :good:

Code:
V1.3 
release # 1.3.4
insecure LK3 at&t kernel
init.d support 
Nexus 4 wallpapers added .*Note* One small .png  i forgot so thumbnail preview is incorect but wallpaper is there.
Battery tweaks
Performance tweaks
Removed some bloat
Is this still based off Telus 4.1.1 MVLDLK4 ?

sd_N

Oct 14, 2010
Hollister
Any way to get stock toggles back?? The off center lettering on the hotspot toggle throws the whole excellent rom off. Rom is very smooth and fast. But the the toggles being off center just doesnt look neat. I appreciate the dev that made the toggles and give hin credit for his work. This is just my opinion. If u could include a flashable stock toggles...that would be great bertie. I bypassed other roms to wait on yours. :D thank u

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

msk

Apr 2, 2006
Folsom, CA
Any way to get stock toggles back?? The off center lettering on the hotspot toggle throws the whole excellent rom off. Rom is very smooth and fast. But the the toggles being off center just doesnt look neat. I appreciate the dev that made the toggles and give hin credit for his work. This is just my opinion. If u could include a flashable stock toggles...that would be great bertie. I bypassed other roms to wait on yours. :D thank u

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

flash the 23 toggle mod from here, they look good: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1895880

Reactions: sd_N

mixxy

Nov 29, 2007
T.Dot
Battery life. I havent quite figured out why yet honestly.. Im still testing it but battery life on both test phones was increased buy at least 15% after 3 full cycles compared to stock.

cheers for the update! Testing now and will report back with some results, been loving everything so far. So stock...so smooth. =)

madizmo

Apr 2, 2007
Nanaimo
This rom is phenomenal running on my Telus i747m. Best battery over any rom yet. I flashed this morning and got 13h with 4h3m screen on and still 18% remaining. The only thing I wish it had was allshare, I use it a lot and just realized its not in this rom. Is there a flash able or apk floating around to put it back on?

Thanks

yulet

Dec 10, 2011
After using AOSP for 1 day, I miss TW a lot
Let's see how this ROM is

ahmedfikry

Jun 13, 2007
Best if available as separate zips ..I like debloated ROMs ..so these can work for users who want more

Thanks for great work

yulet

Dec 10, 2011
When I press Home button it waits 1-2 seconds and then it does what it needs to do. This is forcing me to change this ROM :(

bertiespeed

Dec 27, 2011
Ontario
Heres a nice little aroma package with most stuff thats been removed for you guys added to the 3rd post

When I press Home button it waits 1-2 seconds and then it does what it needs to do. This is forcing me to change this ROM :(

Thats to bad dont know what to tell you its almost instant on both my phones. I can swap between launchers in that 1-2 seconds ;)

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Telus Galaxy s III I747 Bertiespeed JB V1.3​

I basicly make these for the "TELUS" I747m users (but not limited to) that perfer to stick with
    Telus roms and want the full stock experince with great battery life, speed and performance. And might build somthing fun too if time lets me :)

Im married with four kids and 60/h work weeks time is hard to come buy. Updates will come just when i get time todo so.

Same as always *FLASH AT OWN RISK* Im not
    holding you down or RESPONSIBLE for any damage. And if you dont want to follow
    instructions .... Again do so at own risk !

On with the fun i guess..

Bertiespeed JB : Based off Telus 4.1.1 MVLDLK4

Stock with added features for now:

Screenshot_2012-12-10-02-55-18.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-10-02-56-32.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-10-02-56-09.png

Code:
    [U][B]JB V1.3[/B][/U] 
    release # 1.3.4
    insecure LK3 at&t kernel
    init.d support 
    Nexus 4 wallpapers added..*Note* One small .png  i forgot so thumbnail preview is incorrect but wallpaper is there .
    Battery tweaks
    Performance tweaks
    Removed some bloat

Installation Instructions:
    I always perform these steps and recommend you do the same regardless !

1.Put ROM to your phone's SD card or external sd
    2.Reboot into recovery and BACKUP YOUR CURRENT ROM
    3.factory reset/data wipe
    4.Wipe cache and dalvik cache
    5.format system
    6.Install .zip from location placed (This process may take a few minutes)
    7.Reboot

Latest versions:
    Download Bertiespeed JB V1.3

Removed apps in 3rd post

For Google now fix click me

Credits and thanks go out to:
    XDA Developers, Mods and Devs ect with out them and countless
    hours of reading/research/testing things like this wouldent be possible! Be sure to send them thanks as i have countless times
    Task650
    ktoonsez
    Chainfire
    Dsixda
    More to come ! :)
    Sorry guys ! I at this time have no computers and lost everything again :( . Very discouraging and frustrating with the amount of time it takes . But when I do get back up and running I hope to get something fresh out.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using xda premium
    Sorry been really busy. Im hope to be able to get back to making this even better soon :good:
    Working on a TELUS JB release hopefully be finalized and ready to download this afternoon . More info in POST #2