HTC Backup -- does this actually restore anything?

Search This thread

StephenMSmith

Oct 15, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G
I just applied an RUU to my phone to reset back to 4.3 stock in order to get the 4.2.2 update. I had HTC Backup making daily backups, but it doesn't do anything. Shouldn't it restore my apps and settings like my Google device do?

StephenMSmith

Oct 15, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G
It's already on my phone in Settings --> Backup & Reset. I set it up to backup when I first got my phone using HTC account, and I see the last backup dates change to confirm it's doing a daily backups. But I don't see how to restore the last backup?

After Googling this, I think I should be getting an option to restore from backup when I first boot my newly stocked phone, but instead, I get that AT&T Getting Started interface with no option to restore.

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
It's already on my phone in Settings --> Backup & Reset. I set it up to backup when I first got my phone using HTC account, and I see the last backup dates change to confirm it's doing a daily backups. But I don't see how to restore the last backup?

After Googling this, I think I should be getting an option to restore from backup when I first boot my newly stocked phone, but instead, I get that AT&T Getting Started interface with no option to restore.

yeah download it and run it from the play store

StephenMSmith

Oct 15, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Well I wish I knew to do this a year ago. I downloaded and installed the app from the play store and now I see the restore option that wasn't there before.

But after backing up, the restore option is still grayed out. And I don't find any new folder in either my Google Drive or Dropbox accounts. I tried doing backups to both but I don't find anything added to the cloud storage. Weird, guess I'll just be stuck w/Titanium.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
But after backing up, the restore option is still grayed out. And I don't find any new folder in either my Google Drive or Dropbox accounts. I tried doing backups to both but I don't find anything added to the cloud storage. Weird, guess I'll just be stuck w/Titanium.

The backups are there
Just run the app again and choose restore

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

StephenMSmith

Oct 15, 2010
Google Pixel 4a 5G
Same here not sure what's up, I'll investigate

I'm still wondering why this doesn't work. As you can see in the screenshot below, the backup completed. But the option to restore is still greyed out. And I can't find any folders in DropBox or Google Drive w/backup contents.

yzbz.png

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
All I can tell you is that I installed it from the play store ran it and it restored all my settings... I was on InsertCoin before the RUU and OTA update