[APP] CPUStats - simple cpu statistics (updated 06.03.2011)

Search This thread

amossam

Oct 23, 2009
This is weird.

It's not displaying the frequencies any more. I see ondemand, min, max, current (top part), but not the list frequencies like I saw before.

I tried to install cpufreq_stats but then I get the error: Your system is missing 10overclock file?!?! Aborting.

Wow, what device is that?? It's not milestone?!! :D

Hmm, it seems that yours rom doesnt use 10overclock file. How good are you in terminal? If you know something in term, please reply with output of these two commands:

ls -al /etc/init.d/
lsmod

So, you had statistics per frequncies before? Before what? Rom change?

And also, what rom/device are you using?

Sent from my Milestone

Beamen1

Nov 16, 2010
Wow, what device is that?? It's not milestone?!! :D

Hmm, it seems that yours rom doesnt use 10overclock file. How good are you in terminal? If you know something in term, please reply with output of these two commands:

ls -al /etc/init.d/
lsmod

So, you had statistics per frequncies before? Before what? Rom change?

And also, what rom/device are you using?

Sent from my Milestone

I am not sure TBO with you. I think I had the frequencies displayed in CPUStats before I changed them in system/etc/virtuous_oc. The LeeDroid kernel has different clock speeds than the Revolution kernel. I had to change them to use the frequencies of the Leedroid kernel.

My setup is in my signature mate.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• snap20110630_123807.jpg
    snap20110630_123807.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 169
Last edited:

amossam

Oct 23, 2009
I am not sure TBO with you. I think I had the frequencies displayed in CPUStats before I changed them in system/etc/virtuous_oc. The LeeDroid kernel has different clock speeds than the Revolution kernel. I had to change them to use the frequencies of the Leedroid kernel.

My setup is in my signature mate.

Thanks for your help.

Ok, from picture I see that you have 83oc file in /etc/init.d/
You can try to insert next line at end of that file. DON'T DELETE ANYTHING FROM FILE!

insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_stats.ko

(I think that is the name of file, i cant check now) and reboot device and then check cpufreq stats. But dont install module from app it probably wont work, its for diferent kernel!

And when you changed freq int virtuous_oc, did you removed any lines starting with insmod or modprobe?

Sent from my Milestone

Beamen1

Nov 16, 2010
Ok, from picture I see that you have 83oc file in /etc/init.d/
You can try to insert next line at end of that file. DON'T DELETE ANYTHING FROM FILE!

insmod /system/lib/modules/cpufreq_stats.ko

(I think that is the name of file, i cant check now) and reboot device and then check cpufreq stats. But dont install module from app it probably wont work, its for diferent kernel!

And when you changed freq int virtuous_oc, did you removed any lines starting with insmod or modprobe?

Sent from my Milestone

Thanks man, but there is no cpufreq_stats.ko in that directory.

I will wait for a new Revolution, flash that, and see what happens :)

S

sileshnair

Works on rooted SGSII with custom kernel as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

S

sileshnair

Thx for report!! :D i'll update first post...
Does it shows everything? Maybe screenshot?

Thx

Sent from my Milestone

Hi dude,

I created a post in the SGSII General forum, so expect a few pm's. I hope you don't mind.

The thread can be found here. Screenshot as requested.

sc20110725150655.png

It worked OTB.

amossam

Oct 23, 2009
Nice to hear this!

The link for the picture in my dropbox:

http://db.tt/qjEgvBJ

If you need any information about the phone, just ask.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-P990 using XDA App

hmmm, did you checked is cpufreq_stats module is loaded? because, if that module is not loaded, output would be like that... and if module is not loaded then check does your rom have it...

but, if module is loaded, then maybe statistics is writen somewhere else... but first check do you have cpufreq_stats module loaded with lsmod command in terminal...

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lucfig

Feb 19, 2008
Rio das Ostras
hmmm, did you checked is cpufreq_stats module is loaded? because, if that module is not loaded, output would be like that... and if module is not loaded then check does your rom have it...

but, if module is loaded, then maybe statistics is writen somewhere else... but first check do you have cpufreq_stats module loaded with lsmod command in terminal...

---

When I try to install the cpufreq_stats module it says I don't have the 10overclock file. I don't have it, as overclocking is supported by the kernel.

I looked at /system/lib/modules and I don't have cpufreq_stats module.

This is the output of lsmod:
$ $lsmod
wireless 202307 0 - Live 0xbf0f7000
$

amossam

Oct 23, 2009
When I try to install the cpufreq_stats module it says I don't have the 10overclock file. I don't have it, as overclocking is supported by the kernel.

I looked at /system/lib/modules and I don't have cpufreq_stats module.

This is the output of lsmod:
$ $lsmod
wireless 202307 0 - Live 0xbf0f7000
$

well, you cant use module shipped with app, it's only for milestone... because kernel modules have to be compiled for specific kernel.
you should ask yours rom developer for module...

---

lucfig

Feb 19, 2008
Rio das Ostras
OK, I will ask the developer If he can compile the cpufreq_stats module and then came here for some feedback.

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is simple app that I created to show some info about CPU frequencies and governor.

It's still in development state, but it has what I need to show how CPU governor is doing it's work! It refreshes every 2 seconds.

I tested it on CM 6.1, but it should work on others.
    You need to have cpufreq_stats module loaded to get some statistics, and it needs root permission.

Also please note, that cpufreq_stats should be loaded after defining frequencies and setting active governor, otherwise it may collect not so correct data!!

In 0.1 version I added cpufreq_stats.ko binary, so if your ROM doesn't have it, you can TRY to install it. But before you try it, NANDROID YOUR SYSTEM! This modifies 10overclock file, and if something goes wrong, you may end up in boot loop!!!!

If something is missing, or FC, please post output of this commands:
    Code:
    # find /sys/devices/system/cpu/

# lsmod
    and what ROM/device are you using.

Any comments and suggestions are welcome!!

I hope you'll find it usefull! :D

Compatibility list:
    - CyanogenMod 6.1
    - MIUI 12-17
    - HO!NO!
    - Cronos 1.7
    - TheFroyoMOD 2.1.2

Module tested on:
    - CyanogenMOD 7 RC0
    - The FroyoMOD 2.5
    - Leaked APAC rom

This should work on any rooted rom and any device; please report back your findings, with exact version or rom and device. If you have any other device with rooted ROM, try it if you like it and report back your findings...

Change log:
    06.03.2011, 13:25, v0.1
    - Changed startup screen, and now you can even disable it!! :D
    - Changed logic that interacts with system, so it should have faster startup and less CPU usage. Because of this, it will ask root permission again!
    - Included cpufreq_stats.ko module, for witch I hope is generic, and it should work on any 2.2 and newer rom. I didn't tested it on 2.1!!!!!

02.01.2011, 09:13, v0.05
    - changed reading logic, too small change for new version. If previous 0.05 is working for you, you don't need to redownload!

01.01.2011, 17:15, v0.05
    - Additional error checking, hopefully all FC's are prevented
    - If module cpufreq_stats is not loaded, it will display warning but it will continue to work. So if you have custom build kernel with compiled in cpufreq_stats, it should work!
    - Added welcome dialog
    - Added system report generator. This will collect data about your phone that I think is needed to detect where the problem is, or to support new devices. This file will be saved to "/sdcard/CPUStats_sysprofile.txt". Please check file content and if you don't like some data inside remove it, and please report what have you removed. And if you agree, send me that file in PM or attach to this thread (I would prefer PM!).
    - If some data cannot be read, it will display values -1 or 0. Usually that means that you don't have cpufreq_stats module, or you are running other device than Motorola Milestone!.
    - Happy New year!!!!

22.12.2010, 19:40, v0.04
    - OK, thanks to great hint from coolbho3000, finally current frequency works as it should!!! and app starts much faster! :cool: :eek: :D
    - Refresh time reduced to 1 sec!
    - On startup, app will change permission of files that needs to be read to "read to all" (a+r). I don't see that as security issue (in fact only one file doesn't have right permissions, but i decided to check all files), but if you do this that this is security issue, then DON'T INSTALL OR RUN 0.04 version!!!!!
    - These files are checked and their permissions are modified as needed:
    Code:
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_cur_freq
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_min_freq
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_max_freq
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/total_trans
        /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state
        /proc/overclock/mpu_opps

19.12.2010, 15:00, v0.03
    - All frequencies are listed, no matter did they been used or not.
    - Checks is cpufreq_stats module is loaded, and exists app if not
    - removed few loops from code, only one left, lower CPU usage :cool:, and possibly prevented some of FC if files are missing...

18.12.2010, 17:30, v0.02
    - Added percentages to display
    - Calculating deepsleep time
    - NEEDS ROOT, because only root can get current cpu frequency, it will ask you 2 or 3 times, and you will probably want to check remember because of loop...
    (although it doesn't work too effectively, so you will probably get max speed)

17.12.2010, 20:35, ver 0.01
    - Added vsel values to display
    - Small adjustments to UI
    - Added version :cool:
    - Not working: current cpu freq!? (if someone is willing to help PM me)
    - Changed refresh rate to 2 sec

TODO:
    - check are required modules loaded
    - ability to change refresh rate (not needed??)
    - better use of superuser (anyone willing to help??!) (maybe done...)

Screenshot:
    v0.03 & v0.04
    snap20101219_144256.jpg

v0.02:
    snap20101218_172050.jpg

v0.01:
    snap20101217_203203.jpg

P.S.: file without version name is old one, 0.01!!

Now I'm confused! Ill check what can be problem this afternoon, cause I left my home....

Sent from my Milestone