[Q] Help bricked my Droid X2

Search This thread

Kyra Longstar

Feb 18, 2014
Ok so here is my sob story. I was trying to flash my Droid X2 down to 2.3.4 so that I could root it and install eclipse. However during the flashing process the battery died! I charged the battery (with an external charger) and tried to reboot the phone but it is stuck on the Motorola screen. I can pull up a menu by holding the up volume button. I have gotten it into the Android recovery mode and cleared the cache and tried to do a factory reset, but that didn't work.

Next I tried to re-flash, but every time I try it fails at the BP pass through. I have even tried it on different computers with the same results (BP pass through)! I have the most recent RSD Lite and the newest Motorola drivers. I have found that I can select the No BP on that first menu and it will boot the phone. Is there anyway to fix the phone so it will boot normally? Or do I now own an expensive paperweight...

toucsa

Feb 23, 2014
I am experiencing a similar problem with my DX2 as well where it will only boot with "No BP". I've tried installing different versions of stock sbfs through RSD lite on Windows 7 and Windows XP all giving me the BP pass through FAIL. I tried different RSD lite versions and even different motorola drivers. I then tried the ezSBF method which gives me no errors, but I still get the same "Modem did not power up (3)" error on startup. I tried rooting it even though I had problems and it worked. I figured that I'd try to install a rom to see if that would fix my problem, but I can't get into "System Recovery" when I reboot. Oddly enough I also can't get out of Airplane mode even when I have it turned off. The wifi works, the radio doesn't which is normal in airplane mode. Any suggestions? Thanks.

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
did you verify md5 for sbfs?
using rsd lite 5.7 or newer?
did you check device manager, for errors, right after you get a bp pass through failure?

if yes for all of those, likely a hardware failure, and nothing can be done.

toucsa

Feb 23, 2014
did you verify md5 for sbfs?
using rsd lite 5.7 or newer?
did you check device manager, for errors, right after you get a bp pass through failure?

if yes for all of those, likely a hardware failure, and nothing can be done.

I just verified md5 with the 2.3.4 sbf which matched, Froyo didn't match, and 2.3.5 matched. Version 2.3.5 GB is currently on the DX2 because I used "DX2Batchroot_2013.v2.exe".
I tried using rsd lite 5.7 and then 6.1.6.
I get a "QHSUSB_DLOAD" error at 99% completion, then my DX2 flickers and I eventually get a FAIL from "no bp pass through".

Airplane is stuck trying to turn off and rebooting doesn't turn it off; only wiping data/cache turn it off. The cell signal is "x'd out" displaying no bars.

Last edited: