[Q] Verizon S4 Will Not Load Recover

Search This thread

baphelps18

Jun 21, 2010
Hey, sorry if this is already answered somewhere else, I have not been able to find an answer. I have a rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 with MJ7. Root seems to work fine. The problem is when I try to install CWM from Rom Manger it says it installs, but when I reboot into recovery it gets an error and default to the system recovery. If I try to install TWRM it bricks the phone and I have to reflash MJ7 from ODIN to get it back then have to reroot. Any thoughts on what I can do to get a custom recovery installed so I can load some custom ROMs?

jwendt79

Feb 6, 2011
Goldsboro
Locked bootloader. Can't install a recovery on anything but MDK. There is safestrap if ur want that. Look in the developer section

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Hey, sorry if this is already answered somewhere else, I have not been able to find an answer. I have a rooted Verizon Galaxy S4 with MJ7. Root seems to work fine. The problem is when I try to install CWM from Rom Manger it says it installs, but when I reboot into recovery it gets an error and default to the system recovery. If I try to install TWRM it bricks the phone and I have to reflash MJ7 from ODIN to get it back then have to reroot. Any thoughts on what I can do to get a custom recovery installed so I can load some custom ROMs?

You need to read the stickie in the general forum before u brick your phone

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app