[Q] No Sound When Updating ROMs?

Search This thread

SikkNazty

Jan 6, 2012
Alright, I'm completely clueless to how to fix this issue... I'm currently running C-Rom 6.1 but want to upgrade because I keep getting random reboots 5-8 times a day. Whenever I update to a newer version of C-Rom or a completely different ROM my speaker stops working. I've tried playing music, setting alarms, etc... I then have to go back to my nandroid backup of C-Rom 6.1. I ALWAYS do a FULL WIPE whenever I flash a new ROM whether it's the same ROM or a different ROM.

Would like to know if anyone else has ran into this issue, thanks in advance!

Last edited:

guidfail

Nov 23, 2013
Alright, I'm completely clueless to how to fix this issue... I'm currently running C-Rom 6.1 but want to upgrade because I keep getting random reboots 5-8 times a day. Whenever I update to a newer version of C-Rom or a completely different ROM my speaker stops working. I've tried playing music, setting alarms, etc... I then have to go back to my nandroid backup of C-Rom 6.1. I ALWAYS do a FULL WIPE whenever I flash a new ROM whether it's the same ROM or a different ROM.

Would like to know if anyone else has ran into this issue, thanks in advance!

I had read in another post where someone had this problem that the solution was to make sure your bootstack was upgraded to a compatible level - in this person's case, he had the 11B bootstack and no sound on a 4.4.2 ROM - the fix was to go through the XDABBEB 24A flash process to get the 24A bootstack.