[Q] JLo bricked

Search This thread

cikamatko

Feb 19, 2014
Hello.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I installed slimbean on my friends Xperia J and it booted properly and everything. The only problem I had was that the IMEI was blank and the phone could not get the network established. Now I wish that was still the problem. It looks like the phone is totally bricked. I left it on over night and it was fully charged, but in the morning it was turned off. I tried turning it on, taking out the battery, but couldn't get it to turn on. I tried getting into fastboot mode, but to no avail.
When I press the fastboot button (volume down) and connect it, the windows doesn't recognize it and failes to install the drivers. After that, when I plug it in, I can hear the failed usb connect sound. And that is about it. Please guys, work your magic. Thanks.

Hussain_Salam

Apr 22, 2013
Essex
Hello.

I'm in a bit of a pickle. I installed slimbean on my friends Xperia J and it booted properly and everything. The only problem I had was that the IMEI was blank and the phone could not get the network established. Now I wish that was still the problem. It looks like the phone is totally bricked. I left it on over night and it was fully charged, but in the morning it was turned off. I tried turning it on, taking out the battery, but couldn't get it to turn on. I tried getting into fastboot mode, but to no avail.
When I press the fastboot button (volume down) and connect it, the windows doesn't recognize it and failes to install the drivers. After that, when I plug it in, I can hear the failed usb connect sound. And that is about it. Please guys, work your magic. Thanks.

Use flashtool and flash Stock ICS, To put your device in flashmode you hold the Volume + and plug the USB in, The LED Light should light up green, The reason your IMEI was gone and you have no network was because you must've flashed straight from Jellybean? The way to solve this is by flashing from ICS to your desired rom, Goodluck!

Reactions: cikamatko

cikamatko

Feb 19, 2014
Use flashtool and flash Stock ICS, To put your device in flashmode you hold the Volume + and plug the USB in, The LED Light should light up green, The reason your IMEI was gone and you have no network was because you must've flashed straight from Jellybean? The way to solve this is by flashing from ICS to your desired rom, Goodluck!

Thanks for your response, but the biggest problem is that I can't get into flashmode. Windows just makes a failed connect usb sound and that's it. And the device is listed in the device manager as unknown device.

But, really, thanks for the response. :)

lhkakex

Jun 16, 2013
Thanks for your response, but the biggest problem is that I can't get into flashmode. Windows just makes a failed connect usb sound and that's it. And the device is listed in the device manager as unknown device.

Windows won't detect anything if you get into flashmode, try again, plug the usb and wait 0.001s and press "Volume +"button

[0.001 s means that do not press button and plug usb at the same time,but need fast action]

Reactions: cikamatko

cikamatko

Feb 19, 2014
Windows won't detect anything if you get into flashmode, try again, plug the usb and wait 0.001s and press "Volume +"button

[0.001 s means that do not press button and plug usb at the same time,but need fast action]

No luck, just keep hearing the usb failed connect sound and that's it. :(

Hussain_Salam

Apr 22, 2013
Essex
Nope :(
I guess that's it.

You said your battery was completely flat right, so what's happened is your phone doesn't have enough power to do anything, What you need to do is leave the phone on charge (Best to do it overnight) One you've done this Take your battery out for 5 minutes, After place your battery back in and use flash tool and Flash Stock ICS (If you want to flash to slimbean again) if not goa head and flash Stock JB, Your device should run normally

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello.

No luck, just keep hearing the usb failed connect sound and that's it. :(

I've been through this before, another method is installing Sony PC Companion have it opened up, and attempt to put your device in flash mode