XYBoard Official FastBoot Files

Search This thread

pgoodell

Jul 13, 2008
I Had the following problem every time I ran fast boot the following failed to send motoboot, the reboot after that sending boot and devtree all failed I tried it on 2 different computers XP and win 7 each 3 times same results. I could get to the alien with the gears it would reboot and sit on the moto logo. I would get into recovery and wipe but did not help. So I changed the batch file to add pauses on the failing sections and manually stepped through every one came back OK rebooted and everything works. Here is my example.

cls
color 07
fastboot flash mbm allow-mbmloader-flashing-mbm.bin
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot flash mbmloader mbmloader.bin
fastboot flash mbm mbm.bin
pause
fastboot flash motoboot motoboot.img
pause
pause
fastboot flash boot boot.img
pause
fastboot flash devtree device_tree.bin
pause
fastboot flash preinstall preinstall.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash cdrom cdrom
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash radio radio.img

Thanks for fastboot

3n3rg1c

Account currently disabled
Jun 28, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Guyszz help me out pls I tried to flash this thing but when it flashed successfully now my tab (xyboard 10.1 mz617) won't turn on..

This is what I did my battery was 5% still I continued to flash;;; Flash continued successfully and the menu came up again but my Tab is now dead. It wont start help me out guyz.

csmoore88

May 1, 2011
I flashed a bad zip for boot animation. Well...stuck at bootloader/fastboot. Flashed this via fastboot protocol and Viola!! Back to stock honeycomb. However, I had to flash /grab new (complete) download, flash again /bootloop at animation /get into recovery /factory reset /reboot /wipe cache and grab ics download. Then all is awesome. Better than before!

Just incase. Wanted to mention the incomplete original download and factory reset needed to boot into android. Hope I can help someone.
@runandhide05 THANKS SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!

Sent from my MZ617 using Tapatalk 2

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011
Guyszz help me out pls I tried to flash this thing but when it flashed successfully now my tab (xyboard 10.1 mz617) won't turn on..

This is what I did my battery was 5% still I continued to flash;;; Flash continued successfully and the menu came up again but my Tab is now dead. It wont start help me out guyz.

There is a low battery warning for a reason, on the xoom2/media edition, or xybaord, the module for charging is in the /system. So it goes like this.
From a off state you plug in the charger, the current "flips" a switch the tablet boots up mounts /system ( and other stuff happens that im not going to go into) and the tablet boots into a charge only mode and begins to charge your battery.
If the flash did not complete entirely (ie low battery stopped the flash) congrats you have bricked your tablet. The only thing you can do if your tablet will not turn on is to pull the battery and manually charge it. And before its said I know its not a removable battery per say, but anything is removable just takes more work. You'll have to unscrew the back to get to it.
Lesson of the day... adhere to warnings.

3n3rg1c

Account currently disabled
Jun 28, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
@runandhide05 thanks for the reply. I pretty much feel flash completed with success coz flash went till radio with success and few minutes later again menu came up to select am I ready to continue to flash or not. Still I am ready to charge the battery manually. So I have battery In my hand should I cut down charger and connect positive & negative ends and continue to charge?

Ollec42

Oct 20, 2013
Xyboard 8.2 issues

First of all thank you for posting these.

I am working on a Xyboard 8.2

I am running into an issue with flashing some of the boot files such as mbmloader, mbm, bootlader, motoboot. The rest of them seem to work however these ones do not. When doing the flastboot on click method it states "no such file or directory" however I can plainly see that they are there and the other files wok. However when I do it manually with fast boot the rest work except these ones and it states that the "Command is restricted". The device is locked and I think this may be part of the issue. I think the device was originally and Demo device and I am just trying to get the stock system instead of the Demo version it is running. Any advice besides scrap it?

Thank you for your time.

NWKENT

Dec 17, 2010
Tryon, North Carolina
May be out of context, but, not that many threads to choose from.. :) Can anyone tell me if the boot animation is the same for the XYBoard 8.2 and 10.1, not owning a XYB 8.2, haven't seen the 8.2 animation, I love the 10.1 animation, have it on my XT1080M Droid Maxx's..I have a small collection of the Motorola Droid animations, and if the 8.2 differs, then I'd like to add to my collection, and where may I obtain a download.?

Sent by my Motorola Droid XYBoard MZ617-32 10.1_ICS 4.04

Last edited:

thecountrylife08

Apr 21, 2013
I used the fastboot files provided here to Unbrick my Xoom2/Xyboard and it worked, then I did a stupid thing and ungraded to Jelly Bean and it has substantially slowed down my tablet. I tried running this again and I keep booting into Jelly Been and not honeycomb. If I try to run recovery on my device I get an android with red exclamation over him. Any help/suggestions?

nakamoniel

Jul 31, 2010
OnePlus 8T
HOW do you pull fastboot files?

How do you get your hands on this official fastboot files? Is it possible to get fastbootfiles for jellybean update? If so would you please post them as well? Thank you.:good:

digger73

Dec 27, 2014
Help Motorola Verizon MZ617-16

My Grandfather (97 yrs old) has this 10.1 android tablet motorola verizon branded, we were told its a xoom2 sticker on back says MZ617-16

I suspect it took an update and stopped working, I have the original charger and it charges and I can do a factory reset and it goes back to not working as soon as done... It has never been hacked or rooted...

We would like to reset it and motorola wanted $150 to reflash supposedly we cant afford that.

I wanted to reflash the bios? downloaded the fast boot files here and got into fast boot mode...

My windows 7 pc sees the tablet connect, and I set the table to:

fastboot flash mode the screen says device is locked battery ok and ok to program.... it says connect usb data cable, Im using a generic usb cable for programming, we have the factory charger ...

I made a directory on the desktop of win7 called fzastboot copied all the files there and ran the bat file...

What am I missing, someone please help...

Thank you

George

The fastboot files here simply say waiting for device

runandhide05

Apr 3, 2011

My Grandfather (97 yrs old) has this 10.1 android tablet motorola verizon branded, we were told its a xoom2 sticker on back says MZ617-16

I suspect it took an update and stopped working, I have the original charger and it charges and I can do a factory reset and it goes back to not working as soon as done... It has never been hacked or rooted...

We would like to reset it and motorola wanted $150 to reflash supposedly we cant afford that.

I wanted to reflash the bios? downloaded the fast boot files here and got into fast boot mode...

fastboot flash mode the screen says device is locked battery ok and ok to program.... it says connect usb data cable, Im using a generic usb cable for programming, we have the factory charger ...

I made a directory on the desktop of win7 called fzastboot copied all the files there and ran the bat file...

Thank you

George

Waiting for device means your PC is not seeing the tablet while in fastboot mode. You may need to install the drivers for your Motorola device first

sent from space

csmoore88

May 1, 2011

Thank you

George

Run and hide is correct. You will need the Motorola device manager and all drivers installed on PC first. Google is your friend here. Also remember to reboot the PC after driver installation. If you have adb setup on the PC it will be a bit easier. You can use simple commands to make sure the serial is pulling to PC and that it is recognized. Hope this helps.

digger73

Dec 27, 2014
It worked! I installed the device drivers and did the fast boot and grandfathers tablet is fixed and in the mail back to him, thanks you all!

George

Reactions: csmoore88

jamspunk

Jan 12, 2011
Chicago
Re-flashing soft-bricked Xyboard MZ617; boot.img and system.img fail to write.

Hi sorry but i've downloaded the xy10.1 files and the boot.img is bad and i've downloaded it 14 times

I, too, am in search of a boot.img as well as a system.img file for my xyboard mz617 in order to write successfully via the "fastboot flash" command and receive an "OKAY" in return from both writes. The boot.img and system.img files from VRZ_11.7.279.M​Z617.Verizon.en.US would not write to my soft-bricked device. See terminal excerpt:

Code:
xterm$ 
xterm$ fastboot flash boot boot.img
< waiting for device >
target reported max download size of 994148352 bytes
sending 'boot' (8192 KB)...
OKAY [  0.446s]
writing 'boot'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )
finished. total time: 0.657s
xterm$ 
xterm$ 
xterm$ fastboot flash system system.img
target reported max download size of 994148352 bytes
sending 'system' (614144 KB)...
OKAY [ 28.429s]
writing 'system'...
(bootloader) Preflash validation failure
FAILED (remote: )
finished. total time: 28.641s
xterm$ 

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay Guys Here we have some official Fastboot Files for the Droid Xyboard 8.2 MZ609 & DROID XYBOARD 10.1 MZ617
    Links
    Droid Xyboard 8.2 MZ609
    12.7.279.MZ609.Verizon.en.US
    MD5 sum: 630f87dea69a41e9dc8c477f3346f140

DROID XYBOARD 10.1 MZ617
    11.7.279.M​Z617.Verizon.en.US
    MD5 sum: 542f911d641c559c22b22060401652b7

download and extract This to the same folder as the fastboot files for an easy one-click flash for windows PCs

Password for zipper are
    mod2xtreme.com

also thanks to wes_s for grabing the 10.1 files before the 404 happened, and sharing them with me!
    These files were originally from mod2xtreme.com
    i am hosting them simply because their site is returning a 404 when trying to download the MZ617
    Hi I download the above file from OP for MZ617 I was on ICS OTA update and I was trying to unlock my boot loader for some reason now i am stuck in the boot logo it show Big Red M and say Dual Core I can go to Fastboot I can go to Recovery mode also. I did Factory Reset but still I am stuck on same logo I really need help Thank you

wiping cache has fixed some peoples boot loops after restoring their device

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I have tried and tried to get this genius one click system to work. i think it is not working because my battery is too low but is not charging enough to reattempt. Obviously it will charge much slower because the screen will not go off but four hours with factory charger should have it up enough to run the fastboot. Do i need the programmers cable from motorola to get rid of the brick? If not, how do i get it to say ok to program in the fastboot mode?

Well there is the problem, depending on how "bricked" it is the following apply.

Really bricked. Stuck at M Your going to need to pull the battery and charge it out side of the tablet.

Kind of bricked. Os boots but loops at animation. Turn off tablet and plug in charger.

The OS is needed to charge the tablet. All be it the whole is dose not need to load. So if it's looping while attempting to do the final boot sequence then it should still charge.
    From a power off state only the minimal core stuff needs to run for the charging modules to load. That said from a power off state the entire OS does not typical load.
    FANTASTIC!!Thank you for your help. In the future...is it uncool to pm? I feel like I should be more patient and stick to the forum. I panicked and bothered you. Btw,you seem to be the foremost authority on Motorola tablets and are very well respected on the net. Great work...be proud.

Sent from my Xoom using xda app-developers app

Your fine man.
    Imo the best rule of thumb is to ask your question in the thread it would best pertain to.
    The reason for that is your situation may help others in the future.
    They may have a similar issue and the answer for their problem would be here in the thread.

I'm watch these threads fairly well but if I ever miss a question posted then feel free to pm me and just send me the link to the question then I can help as best as I can for you and any others.

Also be patient, and it never hurts to ask the question before you start experimenting with the unknown and potentially save yourself from the headache you currently are going through.
    Just for other to know,

i tried it for the XYBOARD 10.1 MZ617 and everything went perfectly, no problems whatsoever, wiped in recovery right after, don't know if it was necessary or not, did it anyway. Got some errors at the beggining when it ran the script, but doesn't affect anything.

Also for those who don't know, bootloader is ok to be locked when flashing this.

Thanks runandhide05!!!!!