[WARNING] want root/decrypt/preroot etc? DO NOT UPDATE directly to R5/R5A !!!

Search This thread

condi

Feb 13, 2007
Ostrów Wielkopolski
condiecu.pl
Hi guys,

If you want to have root, and be able to use decrypt/custom
preroot/flash custom functions on Sony Tablet S / Xperia Tab with new firmwares,

then DO NOT update directly to R5/R5A!
since R5 and future releases are shell disabled in recovery.
since R5A new root method with restore is not possible.

Sony Tablet S users - use AiO to make prerooted custom firmware,
with hidden.img replaced to still-vulnerable one!

Or if you dont want to make one for yourself, just wait for me
to make and upload custom fw's for wifi and 3g versions - HERE.

br
condi

Last edited:

sfex3best

Jun 27, 2011
Thanks
Looking at the thanks list it seems as if there's very few users with an Xperia tablet s. I wonder if the old one is actually better.

Sent from my SGPT12 using xda app-developers app

mehdi.xterra

Dec 12, 2010
hi dear condi, i install and root 4.0.3 R5 with your AiO tool, and now how can i install your prerooted R5A?

o_vdx

Mar 4, 2012
Novozybkov
afaik, there is no way. well, i heard that some guys from russian forum did it, but no one, even they themselves, don't know exactly how it worked.

Last edited:

Topery Chiang

Dec 4, 2012
ChangSha
Hi guys,

preroot/flash custom functions on Sony Tablet S / Xperia Tab with new firmwares,

br
condi

Unfortunately, I already updated to R5a from R1a. But, so wonderful the Walkman is!
Hope you can find a way to root the newest!

Tablet s wit 4.0.3R5 recovery v36 to 4.0.3R5a with root ?

Hello everybody,

I have a tablet S, with version 4.0.3R5 with Recovery v 36 and it's showing the update to r5a...

I'd like to root it, and get the update to make vpn work again (r5a).

I've read in STIFILZ FAQ (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1828107) that it's rootable with condi's AIO tool, but how I can get r5a with root if I've already have recovery v 36 ?

In the same FAQs, I've seen this:

Q. I have 4.0.3R5 rooted and want to downgrade to something else
A. When you install R5 OTA or flash normal file the recovery is 'upgraded' you will not be able to use AIO to pre-root future updates nor flash them. You can still root using the ICS method (if it is still current for the update. You can however flash either ICS or ICS R1A by lowering your incremental and manually flashing through recovery. Or see below for condi's amazing solution.

Q. I want 4.0.3R5 rooted and don't want the stupid new recovery
A. See this post here.
-- Now with double flash (flashes both system0 & system1)

But I cant' figure out how to do it.

Can anyone point me in the right direction ?

Thanks a lot !!!

stifilz

Jan 9, 2012
NZ
Hello everybody,
I've read in STIFILZ FAQ (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1828107) that it's rootable with condi's AIO tool, but how I can get r5a with root if I've already have recovery v 36 ?

A. When you install R5 OTA or flash normal file the recovery is 'upgraded' you will not be able to use AIO to pre-root future updates nor flash them. You can still root using the ICS method (if it is still current for the update. You can however flash either ICS or ICS R1A by lowering your incremental and manually flashing through recovery. Or see below for condi's amazing solution.

A. See this post here.

Thanks a lot !!!

My bad, I had not updated the FAQ yet (thought no one was using it, but glad to see some are)

Update reads:

A. See this post here.
UPDATE: Now you can also use FLASHER

Reactions: muj123
My bad, I had not updated the FAQ yet (thought no one was using it, but glad to see some are)

Update reads:

A. See this post here.

Thanks Stifilz, your FAQ is allways my first stop, its saves me reading all the posts...

I think the link you put in "FLASHER" its wrong, I believe the right one is this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050126&highlight=flasher

I'll try now to root and flash with this tool...

UPDATE: The root worked like a charm, then I used the flasher. It downloaded all the files, and prompted me to select wich hidden image to use. I've selected R1 since its the last with adb support. When it finished I entered recovery and I still see version 36, it's ok ? In the windows device manager I see a "sony" device with no drivers, I've tried the ones with ADB and AIO but it does not recognizes them....

thanks !

Last edited:
Reactions: stifilz

Rapsody10

Jun 10, 2011
My broder had autoupdate on and well
I was wondering if have you find any way to downgrade to be able to root it
thanks in advance

Raps

Rapsody10

Jun 10, 2011
is there any update on how to achieve this ?
if you already OTA the update
thanks in advance

Raps

I.T.Buddy

Nov 16, 2016
KingRoot v4.9.6 does it ALL!!! :D

Unfortunately, I already updated to R5a from R1a. But, so wonderful the Walkman is!
Hope you can find a way to root the newest!

Hey guys, i have managed to root my Sony Tablet S (sgpt111gb/s) with the KingRoot app which you can download from the link below. You download APK on your device and install it as you would do normally and just run it and watch the show! I have to say that latest version of KingRoot DID NOT WORK with ver. 4.0.3 r5a currently installed on my tablet s but i've downloaded ''kingroot_global'' (link below) and it worked like a charm! My Sony Table S is now rooted :D
P.S. THIS ALSO WORKS FOR ALL OTHER ANDROID TABLETS/PHONES!
Link: kingroot dot net download or look for version 4.9.6_C151_B299....;):good:

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 PM ----------

S.onyTablet.S [FLASHER] :)

Hey guys, i have managed to root my Sony Tablet S (sgpt111gb/s) with the KingRoot app which you can download from the link below. You download APK on your device and install it as you would do normally and just run it and watch the show! I have to say that latest version of KingRoot DID NOT WORK with ver. 4.0.3 r5a currently installed on my tablet s but i've downloaded ''kingroot_global'' (link below) and it worked like a charm! My Sony Table S is now rooted :D
P.S. THIS ALSO WORKS FOR ALL OTHER ANDROID TABLETS/PHONES!
Link: kingroot dot net download or look for version 4.9.6_C151_B299....;):fingers-crossed:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

br
    condi
    Hello everybody,

A. See this post here.

Thanks a lot !!!

Update reads:

A. See this post here.

Update reads:

A. See this post here.

Thanks Stifilz, your FAQ is allways my first stop, its saves me reading all the posts...

I think the link you put in "FLASHER" its wrong, I believe the right one is this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2050126&highlight=flasher

I'll try now to root and flash with this tool...

UPDATE: The root worked like a charm, then I used the flasher. It downloaded all the files, and prompted me to select wich hidden image to use. I've selected R1 since its the last with adb support. When it finished I entered recovery and I still see version 36, it's ok ? In the windows device manager I see a "sony" device with no drivers, I've tried the ones with ADB and AIO but it does not recognizes them....

thanks !